Iowa City Hotels

Maybe Scottie Pippen's daughter can chime in.

Per The Gazette:

The daughter of former Chicago Bulls all-star Scottie Pippen was arrested Sunday morning for urinating in a hotel lobby.

According to Iowa City police criminal complaints, around 1:30 a.m., 20-year-old Sierra M. Pippen entered the lobby of the Sheraton Inn, urinated on the floor and left. Hotel staff told police they recognized Pippen from an earlier incident.

http://thegazette.com/subject/news/...r-urinating-in-iowa-city-hotel-lobby-20150427

Go Gophers!!

I was going to say Sheraton due to location on the mall, restaurant, bar area, but Pippen's daughter soiled it.

Your best bet to avoid the Iowa crowds at the Hotels in Iowa City is to stay in the larger town of Cedar Rapids about 30 miles north. Also have dinner at one of the places in the Amana Colonies. A few miles north west of Iowa City. Country, served family style and you will not go away hungry.

If I have to stay in Cedar Rapids, then I will just drive all the way home.

I like Iowa City a lot, and can even tolerate Coralville.

I have stayed at the Sheraton downtown on the Ped Mall, and I have stayed at the Econolodge in Coralville, which is like a badly run prison, and had a great time on both trips. $39 a night was better than $190, but being right on the Ped Mall cannot be beat, pre and post game.

I am biased though, I have been to Penn St., Wisc, Northwestern, Indiana, Purdue, Mich, Illinois, and Mich. St, and Iowa City is my favorite Big Ten city on gameday/night. Indiana is a clear #2.

If I have to stay in Cedar Rapids, then I will just drive all the way home.

I like Iowa City a lot, and can even tolerate Coralville.

I have stayed at the Sheraton downtown on the Ped Mall, and I have stayed at the Econolodge in Coralville, which is like a badly run prison, and had a great time on both trips. $39 a night was better than $190, but being right on the Ped Mall cannot be beat, pre and post game.

I am biased though, I have been to Penn St., Wisc, Northwestern, Indiana, Purdue, Mich, Illinois, and Mich. St, and Iowa City is my favorite Big Ten city on gameday/night. Indiana is a clear #2.
I agree. I've stayed at the Sheraton. Great location. Easy walk to stadium and no added fee to park. Local bars and restaurants right there. Hardest part may be availability tho.
Iowa fans will be depressed and disappointed at that point in the season.

The Sheraton is the nicest play to stay and at first I thought the sign in the lobby was funny:

image.jpg

But the I got to my room and freaked out a bit when I saw this:

image.jpg

However you will be relieved to know that the rumors about that state not having indoor plumbing are greatly exaggerated:

image.jpg

If you do stay for any length of time, I would strongly suggest you adhere to the state motto:

image.jpg

Good luck and have fun!

Now would be a great time to get the SPG Card, 7,000 points a night. 5 cents a point value. Crazy!

That explains a lot. Iowa City on game day is one giant urinal. Vodka Sam is not an anomaly. Is anybody sober down there? What's with all the animals?

The Iowa River Landing area in Corvalville has some decent hotels (although likely overpriced for the weekend as well). If you stay in the are check out 30 Hop -- new restaurant with great beer selection and decent food or Backpocket Brewery -- pretty good beer with firebrick oven pizza.

I spent the past 5 years in Iowa City and now that I move the Gophers finally return. Only got 1 MN game in 5 years...

Just for perspective...State College hotels at Penn St run $500 a night and book out a year in advance (we play there next year). Supply meet demand.

Top Bottom