Interesting...about 3000 tickets left for TCU

Reaction score
Go to Gophersports.com and bring up the seating grid. By my calculations it looks like about 3,000 tickets left for TCU. That's what I saw. Maybe someone else can look at it and see if my math was correct. I posted earlier that I though the game would sell out, and maybe SRO.I'm pretty jacked because other then the 2 pack promotion there hasn't be a single game promo for TCU. It's going to be a great night!!!

Dropped our season tickets but we'll be there!

I am hoping to get there for the second half

Well there are 2000 tickets available on Stub Hub. I hate to bring up the "Sell out" vs "butts in seats" argument but there it is. So if you see 3000 and I see 2000 secondary market then would the true number be 5000+?
Don't get me wrong, I too am jacked for this game. Flying my whole family in, staying at the Commons and making a great weekend out of it.

Well there are 2000 tickets available on Stub Hub. I hate to bring up the "Sell out" vs "butts in seats" argument but there it is. So if you see 3000 and I see 2000 secondary market then would the true number be 5000+?
Don't get me wrong, I too am jacked for this game. Flying my whole family in, staying at the Commons and making a great weekend out of it.

5000 left to go more than a month before kickoff is doing pretty good. Could be a lot of people under the impression they can wait and get tickets the week of. That is probably still true, but hopefully someday that won't be the case.

Student section will have the biggest impact on how full the stadium feels, I don't think those open seats show up on Gophersports or Stubhub.

If people can't get jacked for a game against a top 5 team to open the season in primetime, not sure what else will.

5000 left to go more than a month before kickoff is doing pretty good. Could be a lot of people under the impression they can wait and get tickets the week of. That is probably still true, but hopefully someday that won't be the case.

Student section will have the biggest impact on how full the stadium feels, I don't think those open seats show up on Gophersports or Stubhub.

Will be interesting as students don't typically move in until the weekend of Labor Day, so many may not be there yet. Not sure when the dorms open, but 9/1 would be the start of many leases.

I agree. Relax and enjoy the off-season. Practice is still about 2 weeks away and the game is 5 weeks. Momentum will build and the game will be a sell out.

I'm still rolling the dice to see if prices drop on StubHub.

Will be interesting as students don't typically move in until the weekend of Labor Day, so many may not be there yet. Not sure when the dorms open, but 9/1 would be the start of many leases.

Freshmen and Transfer will be there because of welcome week, and if the U does what they've been doing the past few years, they will give all of them free tickets. Plus I believe students got offered free or discounted student season tickets for going to the bowl game with tickets through the U, so hopefully they all will be there. Most apartments have their leases start the last week of August, so all students doing housing not in the dorms should be there. I'm cautiously optimistic about the student turnout.

Freshmen and Transfer will be there because of welcome week, and if the U does what they've been doing the past few years, they will give all of them free tickets. Plus I believe students got offered free or discounted student season tickets for going to the bowl game with tickets through the U, so hopefully they all will be there. Most apartments have their leases start the last week of August, so all students doing housing not in the dorms should be there. I'm cautiously optimistic about the student turnout.

Add into that students w season tickets this year can purchase extra tickets in the student section for non students at face value and I'd imagine it'll get pretty full

download.jpg

I'm flying in from Arizona for this game. It will be epic!!

Add into that students w season tickets this year can purchase extra tickets in the student section for non students at face value and I'd imagine it'll get pretty full

This is key. I know many that are buying guest passes for their friends. I myself have 3 student season tickets and all 12 of my guest passes have been claimed, but can't be purchased yet that I know of.

I would love to see an "actual" sellout - where every seat in the stadium is filled. But, being a Minnesota sports fan, and knowing how fickle we can be, my gut tells me there will be some no-shows - my guess would be from 1,000 to 2,000 seats that are empty at kickoff.

The way to early game day forecast from Accuweather....Thunderstorms possible w/1.08i in. of rain possible. Temps 61 / 80. i know it's still weeks away and hopefully the rain will stay away.

This is key. I know many that are buying guest passes for their friends. I myself have 3 student season tickets and all 12 of my guest passes have been claimed, but can't be purchased yet that I know of.

My son is an incoming Freshman and has already purchased his season ticket. He is also well aware of the fact the student season ticket holders can purchase up to 3 or 4 "guest passes" for each home game. He is up to 3 friends already who will be joining him for the TCU game and there is interest in the Nebraska and Michigan games as well. And as it was noted before, I believe all 5000 incoming Freshman/Transfers receive a free ticket to the TCU game as part of Welcome Week. I know my Son is stoked for this game as am I.

If I remember last year, the first game was one of the most full student sections of the year. Every game I arrived 15-20 minutes before kick off and I was allowed into the lower bowl every game but the first one because it was already full.

The students who generally attend football games will all be on campus before this game. I wouldn't worry about students not being on campus in time for the game.

Didn't want to start a whole new thread for this, but thought it was funny. On the gophersports.com page they have an ad promoting the 2-packs - "Football is better in pairs" with the saying "You wouldn't kick without a holder" across the bottom. And the picture they chose ... a picture of a kickoff, with no holder.

sched-fb-packs-2015B.jpg

Didn't want to start a whole new thread for this, but thought it was funny. On the gophersports.com page they have an ad promoting the 2-packs - "Football is better in pairs" with the saying "You wouldn't kick without a holder" across the bottom. And the picture they chose ... a picture of a kickoff, with no holder.

View attachment 3622

A FG attempt with the holder photoshopped out.

Does the U make any attempt to sell new Season Tickets to the Public?

Does the U make any attempt to sell new Season Tickets to the Public?

I've heard radio ads for season ticket sales and you could argue that all the press and media Coach Kill does is essentially to boost visibility and generate interest in the program and potentially find new season ticket holders.

That's not too bad with a month to go. I'd expect that number to be under 1,000 come kick off.

View attachment 3622

Probably a good thing you didn't start a whole new thread. You wouldn't have lived that one down for a while.

Got my 4 yesterday. Went to StubHub as gophersports didn't have anything lower bowl remaining (yea!!!) or anything appealing in the upperbowl for $60.

Got lowerbowl corner row 20 for $1.20 over face value.

Add 4 Maroon and Gold fans to the attendees.

Top Bottom