Bill Snyder on Big 12 expansion targets: 'Let's bring Nebraska back'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

There are plenty of teams outside of Power Five conferences who would gladly accept an invitation to the Big 12, but Bill Snyder suggests reaching out to a former member.

"Let's bring Nebraska back and a few others, one other maybe. I don't know that," Snyder told Fox Sports' David Ubben. "I know the programs I've seen mentioned, all good programs, all good universities."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ion-lets-bring-nebraska-back-and-a-few-others

Go Gophers!!

Take them! Nebraska is not a Big 10 school anyway. Academically they are a joke and athletically they don't live up to the hype.

I would trade Nebraska for Notre Dame in a heartbeat. Having a team like ND in the league to hate is not a bad thing.

Replace with Missouri if they leave.

Nebraska is not leaving the Big 10 any time soon. To much money coming in from BTN. They are a nice addition for the West Division. Also Iowa and Minnesota are good rivals for them and their fans.

Go Gophers

I like the Nebraska addition - hope they don't leave. If I had my way, I would keep them and kick out Penn State, Rutgers and Maryland. Leave it at 11.

Sure, leave a great conference that will be part of the eventual Power 4 for one that probably won't.

I'd like to dump Rutgers and Nebraska and add Iowa State and Notre Dame. Both better road trips.

I'm still annoyed about Maryland and Rutgers. Give me Missouri and Pitt over those 2 any day of the week

Snyder propelled his KSU program with wins over Nebraska. Now, Coach Kill is doing the same. Sorry Coach Snyder, you can't have them back.

I'm still annoyed about Maryland and Rutgers. Give me Missouri and Pitt over those 2 any day of the week

I know Missouri was on their knees begging to get in. I don't know if Pitt was ever in the discussion....talked about here a little. Not sure of their academics...but would be a good athletics fit.

Maryland and Rutgers are in ONLY BECAUSE OF TV SETS.

Mizzo would be a good fit in all ways. They're in the SEC now, so that ship has sailed.

No way does Mizzo ever come to the B1G now that they are in the SEC. We had our chance and passed. I think Nebraska was a great addition. It adds a team that has some of its own history and tradition to an already proud conference. They are much more of a fit than Rutgers IMO. I would also take Kansas over Rutgers/Maryland.

Pitt is an excellent university. However there is some kind of rift between Penn St and Pitt. They don't want to be in the same conference for sure.

Top Bottom