Philip Nelson

I see we have been here before. 12/2014 post below summarizes it perfectly. Glad to see you haven't changed your tactics since then...

That's what I like about you CRG - you never preach your viewpoint or put words in others' mouth. HA. Read a little closer - you have done a bang-up job of twisting many things I said months ago and today in one single post to make some sort of point. Hell, I might even buy the garbage you spew if I didn't know your tactics & agenda so well.

I especially like when YOU tell someone they come off as arrogant or to be more respectful. That is rich. A pot & kettle come to mind. I also love your ability to repeatedly call out folks for "name calling" in the same posts where you name call. You, my friend, are a complete tool.

My point from day 1 was that there was no justification for what PN did. I still don't see one. If you think there is then we will just disagree. Contrary to what you say, I don't really care if others disagree with me. Further, if that viewpoint puts a torch and pitchfork in my hand then so be it.

All actions are not equal. Accusing someone of hitting on your girl & saying "what the bleep are you talking about" are on a different level than pushing a guy in the back - which still isn't even in the same stratosphere as walking across the street to kick an unconscious guy in the head. Both share blame in what happened, but not at the same level. PN is an unstable punk and I couldn't be happier he isn't part of our team.

When Kolstad approached Nelson, we don't really know what his intention was or what was said by who until Nelson mistook Kolstad for the bouncer that hit on his girlfriend. Let's just presume Kolstad was legitimately complimenting Nelson on his football career & transfer to Rutgers as he claims he was. Everyone agrees Nelson was being jealous & mistook him for the bouncer. We also know from Kolstad's friend's testimony that it didn't take much to get Kolstad lathered up. Not looking it up but I believe the term he used was that Kolstad "became easily agitated". The part you left out is where Kolstad escalated the situation by taunting Nelson, saying he'd slept with his girlfriend. That's not a crime. Just like accusing Kolstad of flirting with her isn't a crime. What it does do, is show you Kolstad had no interest in putting this to bed & in fact decided to escalate. Nelson still shouldn't have taken his bait & shoved him, but most normal people can at least understand why he did. At this point, no one was injured, just some pride. Cooler heads stepped in and separated the two. Everyone sleeps in their own bed that night. Nelson walks away & Kolstad, in a complete b*tch move, got a run at him from behind & tried to take his head off with a haymaker. That you call it a "push" really shows just how biased & removed from the reality you are. I hope you keep calling it a "push" though because it makes you look preposterous. Just because someone attacked you from behind doesn't mean you get to kick them in the head because of it, that too was a complete b*tch move. Lot's of alcohol, testosterone, escalations & bad decisions to go around. Your constant defense of Kolstad's actions, even going so far as to pretend it was a "push" is comical. Your last sentence really illustrates my point about your hatred clouding your judgement.

Wow...whatever.... I think we need more cowbell !

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

When Kolstad approached Nelson, we don't really know what his intention was or what was said by who until Nelson mistook Kolstad for the bouncer that hit on his girlfriend. Let's just presume Kolstad was legitimately complimenting Nelson on his football career & transfer to Rutgers as he claims he was. Everyone agrees Nelson was being jealous & mistook him for the bouncer. We also know from Kolstad's friend's testimony that it didn't take much to get Kolstad lathered up. Not looking it up but I believe the term he used was that Kolstad "became easily agitated". The part you left out is where Kolstad escalated the situation by taunting Nelson, saying he'd slept with his girlfriend. That's not a crime. Just like accusing Kolstad of flirting with her isn't a crime. What it does do, is show you Kolstad had no interest in putting this to bed & in fact decided to escalate. Nelson still shouldn't have taken his bait & shoved him, but most normal people can at least understand why he did. At this point, no one was injured, just some pride. Cooler heads stepped in and separated the two. Everyone sleeps in their own bed that night. Nelson walks away & Kolstad, in a complete b*tch move, got a run at him from behind & tried to take his head off with a haymaker. That you call it a "push" really shows just how biased & removed from the reality you are. I hope you keep calling it a "push" though because it makes you look preposterous. Just because someone attacked you from behind doesn't mean you get to kick them in the head because of it, that too was a complete b*tch move. Lot's of alcohol, testosterone, escalations & bad decisions to go around. Your constant defense of Kolstad's actions, even going so far as to pretend it was a "push" is comical. Your last sentence really illustrates my point about your hatred clouding your judgement.

Do we really need to hash this again? One ahole kicked someone when they were down and was convicted of it. I'm sure all parties would like to move on now, as should we.

Do we really need to hash this again? One ahole kicked someone when they were down and was convicted of it. I'm sure all parties would like to move on now, as should we.

Costa has made so many excuses for his boy Nelson he is actually starting to believe them himself. No surprise there. That is his MO - keep making preposterous posts until sheer repetition start to make them look rational to people who love a good conspiracy.

Absolutely agree!

Absolutely agree!

Look. Here is one of Costa's fellow travelers trying to convince us that it is ok to break away from friends trying to stop you and kick another human being in the head who is lying on the ground and not moving a muscle. We can only assume that he or somebody he knows has done something similar.

Awesome, can this now be moved to the off topic board?

Sorry, it's on topic

The "7 National Titles Football Forum" is the place where Gopher football fans gather to talk about the team, college football, recruiting and the program's march back to Pasadena.

Last College: Rutgers? Not sure he ever stepped foot on that campus as a student athlete.

I seem to recall he participated in spring practice there in 2013 and was just home from Rutgers when the unfortunate incident occurred.

Costa has made so many excuses for his boy Nelson he is actually starting to believe them himself. No surprise there. That is his MO - keep making preposterous posts until sheer repetition start to make them look rational to people who love a good conspiracy.

Nope. Never defended Nelson. Have always said he was a d-bag for kicking Kolstad. What I said that made people like you angry, is that there's no proof it was Nelson who injured Kolstad & that Kolstad was every bit as responsible for the fight as Nelson.

Kolstad wasn't trying to avoid a fight, he was trying to start one. He was taunting Nelson, insulting his girlfriend & looking for a scrap. He got Nelson to bite & shove him before cooler heads prevailed. Now his ego was bruised though, so he got a run at Nelson & attacked him from behind like a coward. Someone saw it, got pissed, stepped out of the crowd & clocked him for being a bully. Doesn't mean he deserved to get injured, that part was an accident, but Kolstad was guilty as sin, just like Nelson. Two drunk meatheads being drunk meatheads. Happens outside of college bars every weekend & usually it's nothing more than a black eye.

I seem to recall he participated in spring practice there in 2013 and was just home from Rutgers when the unfortunate incident occurred.

Thanks. I seem to have purged that memory from my mind.

He really needed to be there in the spring to have a real shot, redshirting means that he'll get a legitimate shot, he must have showed something.

He really needed to be there in the spring to have a real shot, redshirting means that he'll get a legitimate shot, he must have showed something.

Hope he doesn't have to compete tho. We know he doesn't much care for that.

He didn't play this past season, does he still have a redshirt season?

I don't know the answer, I would have thought that the clock kept running, the only things that I know of that stops the clock are military & religious service.

On a lighter note: The ECU starting quarterback tore his ACL a week or so before the opener. (So he likely will be back next year?) Two other quarterbacks were mentioned ahead of Nelson. Nelson was mentioned as an eligible candidate in a couple different articles. ECU won on week one versus Towson 28-20. The ECU QB was 29 for 37 passing and ECU had a guy rush for 154 yards and 4 TD's but yet won only 28-20 vs Towson. Will Nelson ever play another college football game? Little too soon to say... edit note.. I missed the red shirt note but he's already done that once at Rutgers hasn't he?
http://www.bonesville.net/Articles/BrianBailey/15-16/090115_Bailey.htm

On a lighter note: The ECU starting quarterback tore his ACL a week or so before the opener. (So he likely will be back next year?) Two other quarterbacks were mentioned ahead of Nelson. Nelson was mentioned as an eligible candidate in a couple different articles. ECU won on week one versus Towson 28-20. The ECU QB was 29 for 37 passing and ECU had a guy rush for 154 yards and 4 TD's but yet won only 28-20 vs Towson. Will Nelson ever play another college football game? Little too soon to say... edit note.. I missed the red shirt note but he's already done that once at Rutgers hasn't he?
http://www.bonesville.net/Articles/BrianBailey/15-16/090115_Bailey.htm

Nelson has not redshirt before. He is redshirting this year at ECU

Unless the NCAA granted a waiver Nelson has two years, that said, you never know about the NCAA waiver process. My guess is, if the coach says he's redshirting, one has been granted.

Unless the NCAA granted a waiver Nelson has two years, that said, you never know about the NCAA waiver process. My guess is, if the coach says he's redshirting, one has been granted.

The NCAA will probably grant a waiver and 6th year of eligibility due to a foot injury sustained in the off season.

The NCAA will probably grant a waiver and 6th year of eligibility due to a foot injury sustained in the off season.

heyoo.jpg

Top Bottom