Des Moines Register: Is this finally the year for Minnesota?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Des Moines Register:

Minnesota might be the best team on paper in the Big Ten Conference's West Division. But, that schedule ...

The Golden Gophers are at a high point under fifth-year coach Jerry Kill after back-to-back 8-5 seasons. Last year should be considered Kill's best team yet, considering they throttled Iowa, 51-14, and played national champion Ohio State within a touchdown. And there's a chance things could be better in 2015.

But, that schedule ...

Our take

Minnesota might be more loaded than every team it plays not named Ohio State or TCU. But with an almost-certain loss to the Buckeyes, the Gophers can at most only afford one more Big Ten loss to win the West. That means it'll need to take care of at least three of these four toughies — at Northwestern, Nebraska, Michigan and at Iowa (in a night game seven days after the game in Columbus, Ohio) to possibly have a West title-winning shot Nov. 28 against division favorite Wisconsin.

It's a tall order, and it'll require almost everything to fall perfectly. Come Nov. 14, there's no doubt the Hawkeyes would love to reclaim Floyd of Rosedale and spoil Minnesota's title hopes.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ew-minnesota-jerry-kill/30411523/?hootPostID=[%27d2ad04954cc2bf748f683c0d245d80f3%27]

Go Gophers!!

I'll take the current tough schedule with two tough non-coms than playing four cream puffs.

It is a double-edge sword playing tough non-com foes, but I think the Gophers have a chance to be great under Jerry Kill. The team does believe they can win any game now compared to five years ago.

As the Des Moines Register article alluded to, the stars have to be aligned perfectly for the Gophers to be crowned the B1G West champs.

Love it!

Iowa fans need to get their cameras ready to take some quick pics of Floyd while he is there visiting. He won't be back for a while. We could lose the West if we have a let down game (like Illinois last year) but as long as we come away with all three traveling trophies (jug, axe, pig) it would be hard to not consider it a successful season.

Iowa fans need to get their cameras ready to take some quick pics of Floyd while he is there visiting. He won't be back for a while. We could lose the West if we have a let down game (like Illinois last year) but as long as we come away with all three traveling trophies (jug, axe, pig) it would be hard to not consider it a successful season.

If we possess all of the traveling trophies at the end of this season, I wouldn't care if we won another Big Ten game all year.

This type of article gets me fired-up! Go Gophers!!

We play for four trophies. Don't forget the broken chair.

If we win the traveling trophies I would put it at a 99.9% chance we are playing in the BTT game so yeah it'd be a pretty special season

I like the direction Kill's Gophers are headed, but this Des Moines piece is a setup.... Like getting Cubs fans hyped for a World Series bid. It's one of toughest schedules in the nation start to finish and the Gophers offense is a ? mark.

We could lose the West if we have a let down game (like Illinois last year) but as long as we come away with all three traveling trophies (jug, axe, pig) it would be hard to not consider it a successful season.

We play for four trophies. Don't forget the broken chair.

And don't forget the Dangerfield Victory Bell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bronco.jpg

New to the site but not new to hope. If you don't dream, how can dreams come true? I'm dreaming about a great Gopher season.

It starts with a coach with a clear vision of where he wants the program to be, and acts upon it brick by brick.

Top Bottom