BTN Repetition

I actually sent an email to BTN. Probably won't do any good, but might as well try. I asked them if they would consider running actual "classic" Big Ten games from the 70's, 80's and 90's. It would even be a treat to hear some of the old announcers from back in the day.

Thanks for doing that. It is most appreciated. And.................IN CASE ANYONE would like to see this again:

More Airings of this Episode
"Purdue at Minnesota", BGTENO2 Jul 28 5:00 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BIGTENO Jul 28 5:00 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BTENOHD Jul 28 5:00 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BIG10HD Jul 28 5:00 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BGTENO4 Jul 28 5:00 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BIGTEN Jul 28 5:00 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BGTENO3 Jul 28 5:00 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BGTENO3 Jul 30 5:00 AM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BIG10HD Jul 30 5:00 AM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BGTENO4 Jul 30 5:00 AM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BIGTEN Jul 30 5:00 AM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BIGTENO Jul 30 5:00 AM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BTENOHD Jul 30 5:00 AM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BGTENO2 Jul 30 5:00 AM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BTENOHD Aug 4 4:30 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BIGTEN Aug 4 4:30 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BGTENO4 Aug 4 4:30 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BIGTENO Aug 4 4:30 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BIG10HD Aug 4 4:30 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BGTENO3 Aug 4 4:30 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BGTENO2 Aug 4 4:30 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BIGTEN Aug 7 7:00 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BGTENO3 Aug 7 7:00 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BIGTENO Aug 7 7:00 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BGTENO4 Aug 7 7:00 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BIG10HD Aug 7 7:00 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BTENOHD Aug 7 7:00 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BGTENO2 Aug 7 7:00 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BGTENO4 Aug 9 6:00 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BTENOHD Aug 9 6:00 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BIGTENO Aug 9 6:00 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BGTENO2 Aug 9 6:00 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BIGTEN Aug 9 6:00 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BIG10HD Aug 9 6:00 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BGTENO3 Aug 9 6:00 PM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BGTENO2 Aug 10 6:00 AM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BIGTEN Aug 10 6:00 AM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BIG10HD Aug 10 6:00 AM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BIGTENO Aug 10 6:00 AM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BGTENO4 Aug 10 6:00 AM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BTENOHD Aug 10 6:00 AM
"Purdue at Minnesota", BGTENO3 Aug 10 6:00 AM

That is CRAZY. Keep in mind that is only July 28-Aug 10. They have been playing this same game dating back to early July. As was previously stated: It is like the BTN staff loaded up 10 games, put it on a loop, and then just took the summer off.

It doesn't seem like it would cost them more to find a few games (say, replace this one game in the same time slots with even 4 or 5 other Gopher games that have already aired on BTN over the past couple years.

In the era of DVR's, it is simply HORRIBLE to be a "Network" and replay the same old non-classic game with that much repeat.

That is CRAZY. Keep in mind that is only July 28-Aug 10. They have been playing this same game dating back to early July. As was previously stated: It is like the BTN staff loaded up 10 games, put it on a loop, and then just took the summer off.

It doesn't seem like it would cost them more to find a few games (say, replace this one game in the same time slots with even 4 or 5 other Gopher games that have already aired on BTN over the past couple years.

In the era of DVR's, it is simply HORRIBLE to be a "Network" and replay the same old non-classic game with that much repeat.

It's crazy but it's six times in 13 days...not the 42 that are listed there.

2006 Michigan-Ohio State is being shown five times between Monday and Saturday. That's down from last week and the week before.

Since we've got a thread dedicated to complaining about BTN, I'd like to add my disapproval of their live broadcasts as well. There has been a handful of times where I've been frustrated with them. Some examples: they lose their video connection so you only hear audio for a live game, they play the wrong game all together, or BTN2Go isn't working. The best way I can put it is it just seems like a cheaply run TV channel. I also hate that they don't use their alternate channels for basketball games.

Since we've got a thread dedicated to complaining about BTN, I'd like to add my disapproval of their live broadcasts as well. There has been a handful of times where I've been frustrated with them. Some examples: they lose their video connection so you only hear audio for a live game, they play the wrong game all together, or BTN2Go isn't working. The best way I can put it is it just seems like a cheaply run TV channel. I also hate that they don't use their alternate channels for basketball games.

The indiana game in 2013 had major issues...but I think it was more of a Charter Communications issue than a BTN issue
Issue being that the game didn't start broadcasting until the middle of the 2nd quarter...I was seeing some other game on BTN and all of its alternates.

I missed this afternoon's showing. Good to know i've got several more!

I actually sent an email to BTN. Probably won't do any good, but might as well try. I asked them if they would consider running actual "classic" Big Ten games from the 70's, 80's and 90's. It would even be a treat to hear some of the old announcers from back in the day.

The weird thing is, they have plenty of other games they can show. They've shown old games before. Do they have to pay to show a non BTN game every time it is played or do they just pay one time to have the rights to air it anytime?

The only thing I can think of is they are only showing the 1 hour cuts of games so that is probably why they are showing only a handful. But then the question is, why are they only airing the 1 hour versions and not the regular broadcasts of other BTN games since 2007?

Between now and Sunday...the SEC Network, in addition to showing games from their "top 20 games" from the 2014 season, has classic football as well. They are showing games from 1980, 1982, 1982, 1997, 1998 and 2007. None of them are replayed during that period.

BTN has to have some legitimate reason, right? It can't be laziness.

Between now and Sunday...the SEC Network, in addition to showing games from their "top 20 games" from the 2014 season, has classic football as well. They are showing games from 1980, 1982, 1982, 1997, 1998 and 2007. None of them are replayed during that period.

BTN has to have some legitimate reason, right? It can't be laziness.

That is pretty cool. Would love to watch some old Bo Jackson and Herschel Walker games and listen to Keith Jackson and Frank Broyles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LEiQ-YdM4s

Announced at media days, BTN is going Hard Knocks style with a new show about Ohio State's training camp. Shocker.

The SEC Network is already miles ahead of BTN. This was expected, but it's kind of sad to see the gap.

It helps to have ESPN running it.

That helps, but the BTN isn't a mom and pop shop. They're playing with big boy money too. I expect ESPN to put out a better product, but the gap right now is embarrassing.

Announced at media days, BTN is going Hard Knocks style with a new show about Ohio State's training camp. Shocker.

Did/does the Longhorn Network show as much Texas content as the Big 10 Network shows Ohio State content?

They need to fix this immediately. I've started to see repetitions of OTHER teams games now. It's impossible that they don't have other games to show.

FYI The Big Ten Network is running a MInnesota Classic football game tonight at 8PM. It is the Purdue game from last year.

FYI The Big Ten Network is running a MInnesota Classic football game tonight at 8PM. It is the Purdue game from last year.

Wow, I missed it! I saw it yesterday for the third time and I really wanted to see this again. It really is one for the ages.

They played an Iowa Michigan State game from I think 07 the other day. Iowa was 3-5 and Michigan State was 5-3....

It was the one year since about 1999 when both Iowa and Michigan State were very mediocre or worse....naturally they pick that game to show.

Then I saw it again.

I've said this before but this BTN programming BS combined with turning into the Ohio State Network is conspiring to make sure I am watching less and less BTN.

The hours I once devoted to BTN have been migrating to YouTube on my XBox, where one can pull up many favorite games, shown in condensed 1.25 hour format. It is great.

I'm piling on now... After a long month+ of showing the same games over an over again with little or no original content, BTN Live is back on the air now. Not a bad show overall and I do usually tune in. It is easy to tell their "studio" is really just someone's studio apartment because it seems really small and it is easy to tell when they move some things around to make the same space look like two different broadcast studios. On top of everything else, the general decor looks like it is right out of the ESPN playbook... as in the ESPN playbook from 1995. Really looks outdated.

Oh well, Taylor Rooks always looks nice.

I'm piling on now... After a long month+ of showing the same games over an over again with little or no original content, BTN Live is back on the air now. Not a bad show overall and I do usually tune in. It is easy to tell their "studio" is really just someone's studio apartment because it seems really small and it is easy to tell when they move some things around to make the same space look like two different broadcast studios. On top of everything else, the general decor looks like it is right out of the ESPN playbook... as in the ESPN playbook from 1995. Really looks outdated.

Oh well, Taylor Rooks always looks nice.

SUPER outdated. Doesn't bother me though. I care more about content than visuals. They could do this crap in a barn for all I care. Heck.....that would probably be fun.

I've said this before but this BTN programming BS combined with turning into the Ohio State Network is conspiring to make sure I am watching less and less BTN.

The hours I once devoted to BTN have been migrating to YouTube on my XBox, where one can pull up many favorite games, shown in condensed 1.25 hour format. It is great.

Thanks for the welcome diversion today. Great game to watch again. The defense forcing turnovers like crazy, Cobb bulldozing, announcers saying things like "Minnesota is forcing their will" "Domination by the Gophers" and "MN has to be a favorite to win the West!"

I could watch that all day. Especially the end with the interview of Kill, and the shots of the players and fans celebrating.

Minnesota Classic football game on BTN today at 4pm. It is the Purdue game from last year.

Typically I'm in the crowd, BTN isn't going to provide equal coverage and the better the ratings, maybe the bigger check Minnesota gets....but I took 15 minutes out of my life that I'll never get back:

NEXT 7 DAYS

BTN is showing 50 classic football games (2007 through 2013 of course) and 15 2014 replays. Broken down by appearance:

Michigan 21
Ohio State 13
Michigan State 13
Wisconsin 12
Penn State 11
Maryland 8
Nebraska 7
Northwestern 4
Rutgers 4
Indiana 3
Iowa 3
Illinois 3
Purdue 3
MINNESOTA 0

I thought it could've been because they are planning on doing school programming to match their trips to training camp but nope.... totally random.

**just checked SEC network....13 of the 14 teams are represented in replays in the next 50 hours (sorry Alabama).

Top Bottom