Outside the Lines: Jarvis Johnson Segment

DeathClutch

Reaction score
Interesting to find out that recent NCAA rules allow for potential recruits to be thoroughly medically evaluated during the recruiting process and not after they have arrived on campus.

Thanks for posting. One thing that isn't really getting any discussion is the fact that Jarvis not only has a heart issue but also had a heart attack and was dead for 12 minutes in high school. I also think it's interesting they had Allan Chaney on. Virginia Tech wouldn't clear him to play after his device went off during a game. He then transferred to High Point where he was cleared to play, and he ultimately ended up retiring from basketball after having difficulties with his defibrillator.

I've said it before...this isn't over by a long shot.

For either or both

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

If the kid wants to risk his life playing basketball then he should do that...doesn't mean he should do it at the U.

If the kid wants to risk his life playing basketball then he should do that...doesn't mean he should do it at the U.

Not the best logic... If a kid wants to drink himself to death then he should do that....

Sometimes you need to listen to the experts that have more knowledge and are not just basing their decision on emotions or peer pressure.

History has shown that just about everyone of the players that were not allowed to play for medical reason at a Major school have not been able to play at another school. Some were given a chance, but those medical problem usually stop them from playing at the new school.

Unfortunately, Jarvis needs to give up competitive basketball, his career ended much quicker than everyone wanted. The U will honor the scholarship and let him get his education and be a part of the team, that is his best option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom