BTN: Putting together a celebrity 'starting 5' for every Big Ten school

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per BTN:

MINNESOTA

Tony Dungy: Former NFL player and Super Bowl-winning coach who played at Minnesota from 1973-1977.
Yanni: Award-winning composer, keyboardist, pianist and music producer.
Bob Dylan: Award-winning singer and songwriter.
Dave Winfield: Member of the MLB and College Baseball Hall of Fames, 1992 World Series champion, 12x All-Star and 7x Gold Glove winner.
Paul Molitor: MLB Hall of Famer, 1993 World Series champion and MVP, 7x All-Star and current Minnesota Twins manager.

http://btn.com/2015/07/17/putting-together-a-celebrity-starting-5-for-every-big-ten-school/

Go Gophers!!

I hate these stupid click-bait lists, but I can't ever help myself from reading them. My favorite is the inclusion of Steve Stricker, an alumnus of the University of Illinois and former athlete there, listed on the Wisconsin starting 5.

I hate these stupid click-bait lists, but I can't ever help myself from reading them. My favorite is the inclusion of Steve Stricker, an alumnus of the University of Illinois and former athlete there, listed on the Wisconsin starting 5.

What about Russell Crowe for Michigan? Can't find anything about him going there.

The beauty of Minnesota is that it's hard to pick just 5. You could have a list of 50 that could have been considered. A lot of really impressive people have come through.

Personally, I'd leave Yanni off and have Ron Perlman instead. The top three off the bench would be the Dahm triplets. That's a powerhouse lineup. :cool:

Athletes should be left off the list.

Starters:
Peter Graves
Hubert Humphrey
Bob Dylan
Ric "Nature Boy" Flair
Henry Fonda

Reserves:
Kevin Sorbo
Ron Perlman
Loni Anderson
Jessica Lange

Starters:
Peter Graves
Hubert Humphrey
Bob Dylan
Ric "Nature Boy" Flair
Henry Fonda

Reserves:
Kevin Sorbo
Ron Perlman
Loni Anderson
Jessica Lange

Find some room on that list for journalistic excellence: Eric Sevareid, Harry Reasoner and Monika Bauerlein.

Living?

Dylan (animated at least)
Flair
Perlman
Sorbo
Lange

Starters:
Peter Graves
Hubert Humphrey
Bob Dylan
Ric "Nature Boy" Flair
Henry Fonda

Reserves:
Kevin Sorbo
Ron Perlman
Loni Anderson
Jessica Lange

Any list that doesn't start with Norman Borlaug as the #1 pick is incomplete. He is arguably the most influential and impactful graduate of the U in the history of the school, and has been credited for saving a billion lives. His contribution to the world can't be understated.

Loved Pearlman in Sons of Anarchy!

Go Gophers!!

If you include Dylan (left after 1 year), Peter Doctor should get a mention.

If you don't know who he is, he is the director of (Oscar Award winning) Up & Inside Out.

Top Bottom