Zach to Texas so

Does this mean we can't talk about him again? We should probably close this thread before the lawsuits start flying.

Texas Southern University?

Thought he was going pro in Europe...

Hope he learns from this situation. He could have lived his dream if he hadn't been an idiot, instead he's at Texas Southern.

Lofton? source?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Texas Southern signs G Zach Lofton

DNP last yr @ Minnesota as 6-4 JR transfer

11.3 PPG as SO @ Illinois State

16.6 PPG as FR @ San Jac CC</p>— Joshua E Parrott (@JoshuaParrott) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoshuaParrott/status/621876744832745472">July 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Kris Collins (remember him?) and Zach Lofton. ... we hardly knew ye'. Memorable Gopher careers.

Wish I knew the reasons and circumstances for him being dismissed and why he wasn't reinstated.
It's obvious he wanted to be here; probably even walk-on.. He still has U of M pics, post, & bio on Twitter.
He must have done some horrific stuff or been a disastrous teammate, could have contributed a lot, I've seen an open gym or 2 & that's easy to see.

Apparently Texas southern has made the tourney the last few years with former Indiana coach Mike Davis & apparently they are good at making successes out of 'troubled' players. See Aaric Murray.
Hope it's a nice fit for him. Good luck and Godspeed

Wish I knew the reasons and circumstances for him being dismissed and why he wasn't reinstated.
It's obvious he wanted to be here; probably even walk-on.. He still has U of M pics, post, & bio on Twitter.
He must have done some horrific stuff or been a disastrous teammate, could have contributed a lot, I've seen an open gym or 2 & that's easy to see.

Apparently Texas southern has made the tourney the last few years with former Indiana coach Mike Davis & apparently they are good at making successes out of 'troubled' players. See Aaric Murray.
Hope it's a nice fit for him. Good luck and Godspeed

Fair points. I'm not sure Pitino is doing the right thing here, but it's his neck on the line this year and next year and he apparently made the decision that the risks outweigh the potential benefits with Lofton. If he's wrong, and if he doesn't find a way to win more games within the next 2 years, it'll probably cost him his job.

Fair points. I'm not sure Pitino is doing the right thing here, but it's his neck on the line this year and next year and he apparently made the decision that the risks outweigh the potential benefits with Lofton. If he's wrong, and if he doesn't find a way to win more games within the next 2 years, it'll probably cost him his job.

lol

Zach lofton will account for about .01% of whether or not Pitino succeeds at the UofM. As close to a non factor as they come seeing as Zachs scholarship that was wasted was never one in which Zach could have touched the court.

lol

Zach lofton will account for about .01% of whether or not Pitino succeeds at the UofM. As close to a non factor as they come seeing as Zachs scholarship that was wasted was never one in which Zach could have touched the court.

I was thinking the same thing this situation would have minimal affect on the firing or success of Pitino, but also agree with Wandering that Coach P has gotta win games the next 2 seasons.

Now 'if' (Humongous 'if') some how Zach becomes conference Player of the Year, Wins a game in the tourney, & goes to the NBA and Pitino fails to win games.
I say that .01% increases to about 10%.

Now 'if' (Humongous 'if') some how Zach becomes conference Player of the Year, Wins a game in the tourney, & goes to the NBA and Pitino fails to win games.
I say that .01% increases to about 10%.

None of those first three things is going to happen, so we can all rest easy.

After losing Jarvis he sure would have helped. When you see phrases like most talented player and NBA potential he was intriguing. He must have really burnt his bridges with the Gophers.. The truth probably lies in between that.01 percent and conference player of the year. He was given a chance here for a reason.

After losing Jarvis he sure would have helped. When you see phrases like most talented player and NBA potential he was intriguing. He must have really burnt his bridges with the Gophers.. The truth probably lies in between that.01 percent and conference player of the year. He was given a chance here for a reason.

.01 percent of what?

Regardless of how good Zach Lofton is or is not. He never played here and he hurt Pitino 0%. He barely wasted a scholarship and Pitino had plenty of time to recover from his dismissal from the team. Zach Lofton will have 0 effect on Pitino's ability to retain his employment at Minnesota.

.01 percent of what?

Regardless of how good Zach Lofton is or is not. He never played here and he hurt Pitino 0%. He barely wasted a scholarship and Pitino had plenty of time to recover from his dismissal from the team. Zach Lofton will have 0 effect on Pitino's ability to retain his employment at Minnesota.
The potential of him as a player and how people evaluated him in response to earlier posts,not effecting Pitino's future. Sorry I wasn't clear. For Pitino it was taking a chance. Let's hope the odds favor his next gamble proves more successful. Continued misses will effect his ability to win here.

PS - Former Nebraska G Deverell Biggs is another dismissed B1G player who has made the trip to Nebraska.

They also had Chris Thomas last year.. insane talent with a rough story... but back in travel bball days, he was crazy good. NBA talent level, easy, as a youngster in Denver.

Top Bottom