PiPress: Rachel Banham planning record-breaking return

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Rachel Banham wants not just to break Lindsay Whalen's all-time scoring record at the University of Minnesota, she wants to put it where nobody will be able to reach it for a long, long time.

"I want to destroy the record," the Gophers senior guard said this week.

But the first step is to get back on the basketball court.

Banham knocks down three-pointers as consistently as she did before the injury. She can dribble, make cuts to the basket and take part in conditioning.

During team drills, though, Banham has to watch. She stands so close to the action sometimes coaches feel like telling her to back up a bit. But she wants so much to be involved.

"She's our leader and everything will be centered around her," Stollings said. "But we certainly don't want to rush her. We want her to be ready to go. We want her to be comfortable. A lot of things with ACLs is just a mental piece. We want her to feel very comfortable and ready."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_28487388/gophers-womens-basketball-rachel-banham-cant-wait-get

Go Gophers!!

Trying to move on, but if only ... That goes for last year if Rachel hadn't been hurt or this season if Amanda ZB hadn't turned pro.

Trying to move on, but if only ... That goes for last year if Rachel hadn't been hurt or this season if Amanda ZB hadn't turned pro.

I know what you mean. I was so pumped for last year, telling all my friends that don't follow the ladies team, this could be a Final Four team.

Then looking forward to this year and Boom.. AZB leaves.

Anyway, looking for a good year.........Banham still has not played in a ncaa tournament. Unreal.

The guards, I think will have some memorable nights together this year. Hopefully, they feed off each other.

Top Bottom