Bobby, Yevette, Clem all chillin'

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Says Bobby is a broadcaster for the Kings. Was kinda hoping he still worked for the Timberwolves.

Love it! Gopher royalty. The good old days (minus the Gangelgate days).

I for one will celebrate the 1997 season and the success of the Clem Haskins years every chance I get. Unlike a couple of the self righteous people on here I will never accept that hogwash

When the NCAA starts vacating hundreds of Wins and NCAA wins for North Carolina, which violated the core values of the NCAA for much longer period of time, shortchanging hundreds of students in a methodical way, then wake me up and I'll reconsider. Sure Deano, Gurthridge and RoyBoy were clean as a whistle, righto!

I for one will celebrate the 1997 season and the success of the Clem Haskins years every chance I get. Unlike a couple of the self righteous people on here I will never accept that hogwash

When the NCAA starts vacating hundreds of Wins and NCAA wins for North Carolina, which violated the core values of the NCAA for much longer period of time, shortchanging hundreds of students in a methodical way, then wake me up and I'll reconsider. Sure Deano, Gurthridge and RoyBoy were clean as a whistle, righto!

Cheating is cheating, regardless of whether other people do it too, or whether they get punished for it. Unlike you, some of us don't apply situational ethics.

Cheating is cheating, regardless of whether other people do it too, or whether they get punished for it. Unlike you, some of us don't apply situational ethics.

Is all cheating equal? Is some form of cheating acceptable, or at least more acceptable than others? If everyone cheats, then who is being cheated? What if the only the majority cheat? Would that still be cheating?

Except if you are North Carolina, LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Makes a big difference when you have a whole contingent of a University who wants to bring down the sports programs (at least the male portions)

Which contingents at the U want to bring down the male sports programs? Can you be more specific? Is Chris Voelz back in town?

Not clear on your point re: Voelz being back in town; we're talking about over 15 years ago. The history of wanting revenue sports to be marginalized by a contingent within the U (primarily outside of the Athletic Department) isn't a secret. Even looking at the Madison scandal, the approach has always been to shoot first (e.g., forfeit basketball game against Northwestern) and ask questions later (all involved were acquitted)

No one said there was not cheating and that it was not wrong. In fact the culprit was fired, so that was enough. The rest of the punishment was way out of proportion, as was the hand wringing and self castigating that some seem to almost embrace.

Top Bottom