Week 1 Media Predictions: TCU at Minnesota

per Reusse:

The Gophers are going to knock off TCU on Thursday night.

Late kickoff, the visitors sitting around all day feeling more and more pressure from that No. 2 rating, facing a Gophers secondary that can cover the receivers and a Gophers offense that is going to hold the football …

TCU is in trouble. I feel it.

Sano, Teddy Bridgewater, all our young heroes, are going to have to stand aside as this becomes a Gophers’ football state again for a few days.

No satire, no sarcasm.

Gophers 31, TCU 30 (just like Miami over Nebraska in the 1984 Orange Bowl).

http://www.startribune.com/comparing-sano-to-oliva-hall-and-the-gophers-to-canes/323826501/

Go Gophers!!

Is Ruesse a hack who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground?

Honest question for all of you that think we are going to win this game or lose a really close one....do you honestly see us as a National Title Contender? Because if you truly believe we are just as good as TCU then that is what we are because they absolutely are given what they are bringing back from that squad last year.

I'm all for being a homer and believing in your team but we are not on the same level as these guys at this point. For us to win the game, everything would have to break right for us...turnovers, penalties....My hope for this game is that we can at least look competitive against them and not get blown out of the stadium. If we do that in my book there is no shame in losing to a top 3 team at this point.

When the National media predicts TCU to win this game they are not disrespecting us, on the contrary most of the comments show a lot of respect for us but they also point to the reality that while we are trending in the right direction we are not on the same level as TCU right now, we just aren't.

I think that TCU has a chance of falling on their face this year more than the Gophers being a national contender.

Line on Bookmaker site up on TCU.

TCU -17, both sides at -110
o/u 57.5, both sides at -110
Straight Up: TCU -800, MN +575

From what I have read here about the final outcome it seems lots of Gopher fans are going to get rich.

Where is the trolling? No matter what he does, Reusse gets criticized here.

Comparing the Gophers to a #5 Miami squad that won the national championship? I know Nebraska was 10 point favorites and most expected them to win but this seems like a subtle jab at Gopher fans that think the team has a chance to win this game. Look, I generally like Reusse but stuff like this is his m.o. Maybe he is being serious but given his track record I highly doubt it.

It ruins the posts of at at least nine people on here who want so badly to rub a win in Pat's face, should they win tomorrow.

He deserves any grief he gets here. Hell, it's his job, right? Stir the pot. How someone who doesn't really like sports becomes a sports columnist for so long is beyond me.

I will give him credit if and only if his comments after the game fit the scenario. He's pulled this schtick many times before. Say something nice as the set up for his anticipated punchline. When it hasn't worked, the follow up has been a backhanded compliment at best.

I grew up reading Scott Oestler, who was an ass at times, but was/still is (I don't read his stuff anymore) a great columnist, and used performance of teams/players -- not personal vendettas to shape his writing. He wasn't above taking cheap shots, but was clear when he did that's what he was doing. It could sting, but was fair or honest about his bias. Reusse is the k-mart, blue light special, knock-off of Oestler. A lot cheaper, and no where near as good.

Nostradamus picka Minny ovart TCU.

TCU's freshman LB's will get run over by the Gophs. None of TCU's LB have ever started in college. They are also weak on the long ball where our tall WR will out jump them for some good gains. Just need to contain their QB on the ground and we should win. Bet the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This morning I'm listening to Chris Childers and Rick Neuheisel make predictions. Both picked TCU, however both showed mild ignorance. I'm pretty sure that Neuheisel renamed our QB as Leiding, and Childers went off about the Gophers going to the no huddle system. Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom