Pitino's Latest Blog - Summary of Returning Players, Getting Ready for Spain

WindyCityGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thanks for posting. These are the two I'm most interested in their summer development:

Gaston Diedhiou - Been playing him primarily at the 5 and he has been looking better. He currently weighs 240 with a body fat of 8 percent. I would like for the body fat to go down a little bit. He’s been working hard but still has a long way to go. BK and Gas are HUGE for us this season.

Bakary Konate - Needs to make a huge jump this offseason. He will likely be our starting center so his game has to progress at a fast rate. His offense has improved but he still needs to work on defending without fouling. He weighs 233 and has 6 percent body fat. Still needs to put on at least ten pounds.

Go Gophers!!

Sounds pretty high on Carlos Morris. Those that think he would get less minutes this year are way off base.

Could Pitino go with a starting line up like this?

PG-Mason
SG-Morris
SF-Murphy
PF-King
C-Konate

His comments thus far suggest those 5 players will be playing a big role for us.

Could Pitino go with a starting line up like this?

PG-Mason
SG-Morris
SF-Murphy
PF-King
C-Konate

His comments thus far suggest those 5 players will be playing a big role for us.
Hard to disagree with that lineup right now. The only other one I could really see is Dorsey going to point and Mason moving to the 2, but with Jarvis not being able to play anymore that might hurt Dorsey's chances of starting because of depth

May have to play Morris at the two a lot just because we lack numbers at guard. In Gilbert and Buggs you probably have two guys who are strictly threes.

I could see Dorsy, Mason, Morris, King and Konate as well. With Murphy, Mcbryer getting plenty minutes as well. Will be interesting to see what kind of lineups we throw ouut when Konate gets in foul trouble, will Pitino trust Gaston in this situation. Will we see a Villinova type line up. Where will Buggs fit in? Has so much potential. Maybe Gilbert surprises like McNeil did two years ago and becomes a useful bench player as a freshman

Once the season is lost, they will EE Morris.

I wouldn't be surprised nor would I be against this entirely. It depends on how "lost" the season gets as finishing better than 6-12 is a must this year to maintain/create some momentum in the program in the eyes of the fans.

EE was a backup behind a senior starter who took his place. That is a big difference between that situation and the one Morris will be in(senior starter). If Konate was starting and playing more minutes than both Walker and EE last year then I would agree with you. However, he was just taking backup minutes.

Edit: also it can be argued that Konate was better when on the floor than EE last year.

Edit: also it can be argued that Konate was better when on the floor than EE last year.

Watch the Feb. WI game of EE vs. Frank... it was embarrassing the way he jumped in the air at every pump fake. There is good reason why he got shelved.

"Basketball season is right around the corner. Can’t wait."

Whoa, cowboy! Let me have my summer first.

At least Morris made it into school. What a miracle that was. Am I right, Howie?

Why even play this year? Redshirt everyone and sit the season out. Elliot got beat out plain and simple. There was a reason Walker became our primary inside player. He played well and earned it. Elliot struggled when he played. No reason a player like Morris like many jucos will not be better in his second year. I expect a good year from Morris as does Pitino. This idea of not playing a senior to make the team better in the long run is stupid. Seems to me Walker was a senior.

You stay classy and continue insulting student-athletes who worked hard for 4 years to contribute their best to the team you are a fan of.
Point taken. I actually thought he was decent his first three years. I don't know why he seemed to have regressed while Walker improved. I put it on him and not the coaching staff like many insinate however.

You stay classy and continue insulting student-athletes who worked hard for 4 years to contribute their best to the team you are a fan of.

It's true his play 'sucked' in his 5th year. He showed a lot of promise and appeared to be a great student athlete representing the UofM (aside from all the whining to refs).

Wish him the best, but he clearly beat out by Mo... & Kontae was a better option on the court towards the end of the season.

Top Bottom