Good read: Tight end Gray thinks he’s found safe landing with Bills

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Buffalo News:

One twin is in the garage shooting at a new basketball hoop. The other is crouched on the driveway, in his underwear, scribbling away in chalk.

Their voices echo in the background.

Back home in Minnesota, MarQueis Gray is resetting his career this summer. Again. The twins he had in 2011 with his then-girlfriend, now-wife, know he played for San Francisco and Cleveland and Minnesota and now Buffalo. He hopes this is his final stop.

“As long as they’re happy, as long as they have a roof over their heads,” Gray said, “there’s nothing I can do. I’m working my [expletive] off and doing everything I can daily.”

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/07/05/tight-end-gray-thinks-hes-found-safe-landing-with-bills/

Go Gophers!!

I hope Q starts to hit it off.

He is really a great guy as well as a great athlete

“When I first walked in on the job, he was the only person who looked like a Division I athlete" -Jerry Kill

Ouch. On a site as welcoming of negative or dissident opinions as the gopherhole, a plain talker like Kill would be a popular poster.

What say you? Hyperbole or were there other legit div 1 athletes on the roster back then?

“When I first walked in on the job, he was the only person who looked like a Division I athlete" -Jerry Kill

Ouch. On a site as welcoming of negative or dissident opinions as the gopherhole, a plain talker like Kill would be a popular poster.

What say you? Hyperbole or were there other legit div 1 athletes on the roster back then?

Hageman definitely looked the part physically but in this context Kill may be referring to the academic side of things like going to class as well as staying out of trouble. I think Kill said something like 20+ players were in poor academic standing when he first got here.

On a site as welcoming of negative or dissident opinions as the gopherhole, a plain talker like Kill would be a popular poster.

I assume this is your poor attempt at sarcasm, but is actually quite true if taken at face value. Negativity against the Gophers is welcomed and encouraged by a lot of posters here, yourself included.

I hope it was hyperbole considering the fact that they didn't use him very much for being the only player that belonged on the field. (Nor did the previous regime)
I get he was injured, but even when he wasn't injured and was playing they didn't use him like he was far and away the best player.

Top Bottom