WCCO: Jerry Kill Stresses Love For Football, Fun At Camps

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Mike Max:

Here is a good question: During the summer months of camp season, can you teach kids to like football if they don’t? We paid a visit to Jerry Kill’s camp and asked him just that.

What coach Kill has learned in his 30-plus years of coaching college football is this:

“You can’t play college football unless you love football. It’s different than most sports, it’s not normal to go at each other and run and all the conditioning. Sometimes it’s not a lot of fun, but you can find out who loves football by the way they work,” Kill said.

So in this day and age of competing to keep football numbers up at all levels, he wants his camp to reflect a love for football, with a few laughs.

“I think it’s one of those things you’ve got to have fun. You’ve still got to have fun and enjoy it, and I think we always say you’re wired differently. People say I’m wired differently. I think to play football, I think you just grow up and get introduced to it and you either like it or you don’t. But I think as coaches you’ve got to make it more fun,” Kill said.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/07/05/jerry-kill-stresses-love-for-football-fun-at-camps/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom