College Football's Top Cornerback Tandems for 2015 (6. Boddy-Calhoun/Murray)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Athlons:

6. Minnesota: Briean Boddy-Calhoun and Eric Murray

Most around the Big Ten know how good this duo was in 2014, but it’s time for the rest of the nation to take notice. Boddy-Calhoun was one of Minnesota’s top playmakers on defense last season, breaking up nine passes and intercepting five in 13 games. Murray only intercepted one pass, but opposing quarterbacks also avoided his side of the field. This duo was a key reason why Minnesota only allowed 12 passing scores in Big Ten play in 2014.

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-footballs-top-cornerback-tandems-2015

Go Gophers!!

Good list but anyone else feel the Notre Dame guys have no business being on the list, let alone #5?

ND has a ton of defensive talent, it just doesn't mesh well. They have something like 5-7 guys looked at as potential high draft picks

I notice that TCU doesn't even make the watch list. Is it any wonder the passing game is a point of emphasis.

I also saw they had a picture of Murray on ESPN.com promoting Kipers top CBs for e 2016 draft. I'm not an insider so couldn't see where he was ranked.

I also saw they had a picture of Murray on ESPN.com promoting Kipers top CBs for e 2016 draft. I'm not an insider so couldn't see where he was ranked.

I'm sure 414Gopher could tell us.... If he wasn't banned that is.

He divides each position into seniors and underclassmen, and has Murray rated the #2 senior CB:

2. Eric Murray, Minnesota Golden Gophers: A tough player who can press and ride down the field, Murray has played in 39 games and has every start over the last two seasons. Will be a player that QBs stay away from in 2015.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom