A Look at 2014 Stadium Ejections, Arrests and Incidents From Big Ten Fanbases

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Eleven Warriors - h/t Norman Dale.

Minnesota

A trip to snowy Minneapolis reveals Golden Gophers fans to be pretty chill (both literally and figuratively), and their ejection/arrest figures support that.

The 26 ejections rank fifth out of the eight schools that submitted the information, while the lone arrest is easily the least among the 11.

Seven citations were issued in 2014 at TCF Bank Stadium, for either intoxication, minor consumption of liquor or trespassing.

Wisconsin

The Badgers carry the highest number of stadium ejections from the 2014 season with a resounding 384, over 100 more than the next closest school.

Iowa

The Hawkeyes provided by far the most detailed and most juicy response to the FOIA request submitted by Eleven Warriors.

The 71 total arrests ranked fourth among the rest of the conference in 2014, with the heavy majority being alcohol related.

Notable reported incidents include:

11 cases where patrons were found either inside or near a bathroom stall, or standing or kneeling next to a trashcan, either dry heaving or vomiting onto themselves or the ground, toilet or waste receptacle;
A 21-year-old male attempting to prove he wasn't drunk to a police officer by placing a dollar bill in his wallet, only to be unable to do so;
A 20-year-old male accused of groping females in the stands while intoxicated prior to his arrest;
A 19-year-old male admitting not knowing where he was when found in someone else's seat covered in mud after drunkenly confessing to falling in a creek;
A 22-year-old male walking around the outside of Kinnick Stadium drinking an open bottle of Fireball;
A 50-year-old male accused of purposely pouring beer on the keyboard of another patron's laptop at a tailgate after asking them to turn down their music and then claiming it was an accident;
A 35-year-old male drunkenly attempting to enter Kinnick Stadium without a ticket, instead handing the ticket taker a $20 bill only to be denied;
A 25-year-old female slapping an officer's hand and refusing to heed his assistance as she drunkenly fought with her boyfriend;
A 41-year-old male falling asleep in the stands after drunkenly vomiting all over himself and others;
A 23-year-old male drunkenly standing and dancing in front of heavy traffic, causing a backup after a game; and
A 25-year-old female blew a .273 into a breathalyzer, the highest reported blood-alcohol level from Hawkeye home games.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/colle...-and-incidents-from-big-ten-football-programs

Go Gophers!!

Sounds like Iowa and Wisconsin have that "all fun" atmosphere that some people around her have been screaming for. :D

A 25-year-old female blew a .273 into a breathalyzer, the highest reported blood-alcohol level from Hawkeye home games.

Only ranked 383rd in combined Wisconsin/Iowa home games. 384th place was 9 year old child on cough syrup.

This is my favorite one

My sophomore year at the U my dorm neighbor came home on a Saturday morning covered in mud and blood and also had no idea where he had been. I've now heard that twice.

"A 25-year-old female blew a .273 into a breathalyzer, the highest reported blood-alcohol level from Hawkeye home games."

I thought Vodka Samm blew a 0.341 the previous year...

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reading the article, it seems that Michigan State has a lot of public urination arrests. Having never been to a game there, I have to ask - don't they have any bathrooms there? Can anyone who has attended a game at Mich St elaborate on the number and location of bathroom facilities? Or do the MSU fans just like - to quote Jerry Jeff Walker - "P***ing in the Wind."

Reading the article, it seems that Michigan State has a lot of public urination arrests. Having never been to a game there, I have to ask - don't they have any bathrooms there? Can anyone who has attended a game at Mich St elaborate on the number and location of bathroom facilities? Or do the MSU fans just like - to quote Jerry Jeff Walker - "P***ing in the Wind."

Was there 2 years ago and they seemed to have plenty of bathrooms. There was never a line, I had to make a few trips after getting over served the night before!

Beware, they have a tailgating lot very close to the stadium that is alcohol free. Nothing wrong with that except it wasn't advertised very well and we almost got ticketed.

Fun place to see a game, better overall scene than we expected.

Was there 2 years ago and they seemed to have plenty of bathrooms. There was never a line, I had to make a few trips after getting over served the night before!

Beware, they have a tailgating lot very close to the stadium that is alcohol free. Nothing wrong with that except it wasn't advertised very well and we almost got ticketed.

Fun place to see a game, better overall scene than we expected.

Seems there may be a reason there were no lines.

Keep in mind this is what gets reported otherwise sconny's #'s would be much higher.

Top Bottom