MN HS football news

East Ridge does not have open enrollment. Garcia is not the only player who was ineligible on that team he was just the one who was caught. This is not the only school that has ineligible players on rosters in all different sports. The MSHSL needs to crackdown on these ineligible player transfers/

East Ridge does not have open enrollment. Garcia is not the only player who was ineligible on that team he was just the one who was caught. This is not the only school that has ineligible players on rosters in all different sports. The MSHSL needs to crackdown on these ineligible player transfers/

The MSHSL never lifted a finger for years as Apple Valley wrestling had transfers move in (live with coaches, friends, relatives, boosters) from all over the state and country, so don't hold your breath for Dave and gang to do anything...especially if a program is successful and powerful.

I know I wrestled against Apple Valley when I was in school and knew most if not all of their wrestlers were transfers from around the country. People are making a big deal about the East Ridge football scandal but it is happening all over the state in football and many other sports

I know I wrestled against Apple Valley when I was in school and knew most if not all of their wrestlers were transfers from around the country. People are making a big deal about the East Ridge football scandal but it is happening all over the state in football and many other sports

That's why I like private schools. Everyone's a transfer in. And no one blinks an eye when your state hockey titlist team had 4 or 5 girls from Hudson on it...

http://strib.mn/1IBrf6P

Hopefully this is the end for the athletes' sake

After the forfeits were announced last month, JoJo Garcia, a top defensive lineman who verbally committed to the Gophers, confirmed to the Star Tribune that he was deemed ineligible to play. He said he was not the only East Ridge player with a residency issue.

“There are a couple of big-time recruits that probably shouldn’t have been there,” Garcia told the Star Tribune. He is transferring to Simley and will not be eligible for football this fall.

Is he still able to practice with the team, just not compete?

See the moron Reusse is blaming a sixteen year old kid for the whole mess and so called ratting everyone out. Oh and of course he is a Gopher recruit so that makes it even more fun for the clown. The kid isn't blameless but this is more on the parents and coaches. Pat seems to dwell on the negative and really is clueless about sports in general. I can see ripping players who make millions to some degree but a high school kid not so much.

M
See the moron Reusse is blaming a sixteen year old kid for the whole mess and so called ratting everyone out. Oh and of course he is a Gopher recruit so that makes it even more fun for the clown. The kid isn't blameless but this is more on the parents and coaches. Pat seems to dwell on the negative and really is clueless about sports in general. I can see ripping players who make millions to some degree but a high school kid not so much.

Agreed. Let's hope he remains a recruit and enrolls next summer if not earlier.

Interesting that the coach, being a media favorite, is getting so little blame here. There is a reason he resigned. Don't know what it is, but I imagine if he was faultless he wouldn't have resigned a week before the first day of practice.

Likewise, I am surprised the administration is not getting more scrutiny.

I guess the mshsl and the local media is too busy covering dance line shenanigans to actually do an investigative football story that doesn't involve concussions,

Interesting that the coach, being a media favorite, is getting so little blame here. There is a reason he resigned. Don't know what it is, but I imagine if he was faultless he wouldn't have resigned a week before the first day of practice.

Likewise, I am surprised the administration is not getting more scrutiny.

I guess the mshsl and the local media is too busy covering dance line shenanigans to actually do an investigative football story that doesn't involve concussions,

nm....
my point about the admin. was an add on to the linked article above

As much as I root for the Gophers, do not dismiss Reusse's message. He was saying "buyer beware" in this case. We have seen touted recruits commit and never make the first day of practice (see Brewster). We have seen others (Hageman) mature and make a career out of their potential. Let's hope for the best with Garcia while keeping our eyes wide open to the reality of his past and current situation. Gophers are putting themselves out there on this one.

Top Bottom