Great Ryan Burns podcast

Some Day...Is Coming!

Some Day...Maybe?
Reaction score
@RyanBurnsMN: Episode 1 of #GopherGridironRadio can be found live here https://t.co/AYYC6KDMkJ An hour long talk about the #Gopher offense

Found this on Twitter. Really enjoyed it. Goes through each position group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd highly recommend it. Nobody in the media knows more about the team than Burns IMO.

Agree, class A analysis

I'd highly recommend it. Nobody in the media knows more about the team than Burns IMO.

Yep, the pay for site guys (Burns, Ryan James, Goblirsch, Matt Jessen Howard etc.) are definitely much more knowledgable and passionate about the gophers than any newspaper beat writers or radio guys that cover team.

Love how he kept saying "Rodrey" when talking about Rodney and Rodrick. New nickname for the two-headed attack.

Thanks for posting. Hopefully they continue that throughout the year!

Great stuff, can't wait for the next one. I liked all of the stuff that was covered, and I thought the length of the segment was just fine.

Thank you. My Gopher fix for the day!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Some interesting special teams tidbits in this podcast.

-Burns expects Emmit Carpenter to be kicking off instead of Santoso, apparently Carpenter has a huge leg
-I think there's reason for concern at the long-snapper position. It sounds like it'll be two young walk-ons competing for the spot, most people forget about that position until a costly mistake is made. Burns thinks Jared Hartman took a full-time job and won't return
-Myrick is expected to return kicks again but Antonio Johnson may be pulled from kick return due to being a full-time starter at safety. Other players that could return kickoffs are Berkley Edwards, Kiante Hardin, and KJ Maye
-Craig James is expected to return punts again. Behind him are KJ Maye, Edwards, and BBC

Some interesting special teams tidbits in this podcast.

-Burns expects Emmit Carpenter to be kicking off instead of Santoso, apparently Carpenter has a huge leg
-I think there's reason for concern at the long-snapper position. It sounds like it'll be two young walk-ons competing for the spot, most people forget about that position until a costly mistake is made. Burns thinks Jared Hartman took a full-time job and won't return
-Myrick is expected to return kicks again but Antonio Johnson may be pulled from kick return due to being a full-time starter at safety. Other players that could return kickoffs are Berkley Edwards, Kiante Hardin, and KJ Maye
-Craig James is expected to return punts again. Behind him are KJ Maye, Edwards, and BBC

Wow, Santoso was over 50% on his touchback rate. If that's true, I'm not sure we'll be seeing many returns from opposing teams...

Ya know, I'm gonna come off as an asshole here, but, ya know, I just need to get this off my chest, ya know.

I sincerely hope that Ryan keeps building his brand, and I truly hope he keeps getting great information out there. I hear things on these podcasts that I don't get from any press or observations that I read here. He is doing great work here. I truly appreciate those efforts.

However, I have a hard time getting through these podcasts. It became so irritating in the 2nd episode that I kept track for a while. In the 2nd podcast, in the first 15 minutes and some change, Ryan said "ya know" 100 times, ya know. I tracked it.

Love the work you're doing Ryan, keep it up, I'll keep clicking and listening, but please, please work on the vocal discipline. It's truly in your best interest, even if I come off as an asshole, and I apologize for that.

Ya know, I'm gonna come off as an asshole here, but, ya know, I just need to get this off my chest, ya know.

I sincerely hope that Ryan keeps building his brand, and I truly hope he keeps getting great information out there. I hear things on these podcasts that I don't get from any press or observations that I read here. He is doing great work here. I truly appreciate those efforts.

However, I have a hard time getting through these podcasts. It became so irritating in the 2nd episode that I kept track for a while. In the 2nd podcast, in the first 15 minutes and some change, Ryan said "ya know" 100 times, ya know. I tracked it.

Love the work you're doing Ryan, keep it up, I'll keep clicking and listening, but please, please work on the vocal discipline. It's truly in your best interest, even if I come off as an asshole, and I apologize for that.

Sounds like Lindsay Whalen. Y'know?

It may be a little harsh, but the truth is the truth. Ryan isn't a polished broadcaster. That being said, I'll take a knowledgeable person giving us thoroughly detailed and balanced information over polish without substance a million times out of a million. I listened to the link Jaymil provided and it was the best Gopher fix I've had outside of GH all year.

You're basically complaining about a free podcast giving you new info. If you don't like it that's perfectly fine of course but complaining about a guy's use of 'ya know' when A) he's not a trained radio guy, B) it's free, C) the entire podcast is just him talking, and D) its free, is kind of a bad look. JMO. I did one for a little while a few years back and trust me it can be very hard to regularly speak coherently and without vocal crutches for an hour straight, especially when you're only doing it maybe once a week.

Burns discusses how the offense has looked through the first 4 practices in his latest podcast:

http://www.scout.com/college/minnesota/story/1572878-gopher-gridiron-radio-8-11-15

You should caution certain readers about listening here. He basically says that Perra still hasn't passed Rhoda on the depth chart - much less CS5 or ML7. Also insinuates that Croft may already be as good or better than Perra (but will RS). I am extrapolating some, but I realize we are only 22 days from the first "bring in Perra" thread and I don't want anyone's bubble to burst.

You're basically complaining about a free podcast giving you new info. If you don't like it that's perfectly fine of course but complaining about a guy's use of 'ya know' when A) he's not a trained radio guy, B) it's free, C) the entire podcast is just him talking, and D) its free, is kind of a bad look. JMO. I did one for a little while a few years back and trust me it can be very hard to regularly speak coherently and without vocal crutches for an hour straight, especially when you're only doing it maybe once a week.

Maybe you missed the parts where I wrote things like "I truly hope he keeps getting great information out there. I hear things on these podcasts that I don't get from any press or observations that I read here. He is doing great work here. I truly appreciate those efforts." et al.

The thing is that if Ryan wants to become multimedia, he should be happy to hear constructive criticism. I think he's doing a great job, and hope he continues.

And as far as radio, I'm on the air right now. We do a weekly radio show on the internet (NC-17 to the max). So I'm familiar with the format. We do at least 2 hours each Wednesday, but usually go over by an hour or so.

So if you want to be offended, feel free to listen in at sianetradio.com/listen

To those who complain about Ryan's public speaking abilities take your computer, record yourself trying to say something remotely coherent and then play it back to yourself. It's not that easy.

Top Bottom