MN Daily: Daquein McNeil arrested for violating probation

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Daily:

Former University of Minnesota basketball player Daquein McNeil has yet to go to trial for two felony charges made after allegedly assaulting his girlfriend last fall, but he was arrested on Friday — for the second time in two months — after violating probation.

McNeil violated his probation on June 17, and a warrant was issued for his arrest. He was arrested in the Marcy-Holmes neighborhood on Friday and is currently in custody at the Hennepin County Jail.

In April, McNeil failed to make an appearance at a Hennepin County District Court hearing. A warrant was issued for his arrest at that time as well.

http://www.mndaily.com/news/metro-state/2015/07/02/ex-gophers-athlete-arrested-violating-probation

Go Gophers!!

I used to go out with a gal from Marcy-Holmes. I never hit her though.

Daquein McNeil arrested for violating probation for the 2nd time in 2 months

Via the Daily:

Former University of Minnesota basketball player Daquein McNeil has yet to go to trial for two felony charges made after allegedly assaulting his girlfriend last fall, but he was arrested on Friday — for the second time in two months — after violating probation.

McNeil violated his probation on June 17, and a warrant was issued for his arrest. He was arrested in the Marcy-Holmes neighborhood on Friday and is currently in custody at the Hennepin County Jail.

http://mndaily.com/news/metro-state/2015/07/02/ex-gophers-athlete-arrested-violating-probation

He can't violate probation if he hasn't been convicted yet.....strange article. He may have additional bail jumping charges, but you can't be on probation until you're convicted.

He can't violate probation if he hasn't been convicted yet.....strange article. He may have additional bail jumping charges, but you can't be on probation until you're convicted.

I'm guessing he violated a restraining order and they're mistakenly calling it that?

I believe this was already posted :)

I clearly did not check close enough - Bleed posted it this morning, I'm never faster than him. And I clearly can't scan the board effectively!

More likely he had a bench warrant for failure to appear. So he's being held until trial now. Sad story. Kid seems to be wandering in the wind.

Reports out that he allegedly assaulted the same girl again upon getting released and she had significant bruising. What a loser.

Definitely a loser, and the very 1st recruit Richie brought to Minnesota. Ouch.

Violating his terms of release rather than probation?. I don't think he can be on probation if he has not gone on trial yet.

I see that Judd Apatow has a new movie out called "Trainwreck," which I assume is a biopic about the last 8 months of Daquein McNeil's life.

Violating the terms of his bond (not probation) plus the failure to appear for his current felony charges. Kid is in trouble and unless he gets a good lawyer, he may do some DOC time for this.

per Sid:

• Any consideration Richard Pitino might have given to Daquein McNeil returning to the Gophers men’s basketball team is over as McNeil was arrested twice in the last month, most recently Friday for allegedly contacting and assaulting the same victim he was arrested for assaulting last year.

http://www.startribune.com/fans-enthusiastic-for-wolves-turnaround-season/313086391/

Go Gophers!!

really Sid....Daquein was long gone before his problems in June

Violating his terms of release rather than probation?. I don't think he can be on probation if he has not gone on trial yet.

Without having done any research, that would be my guess. Sounds like you understand this, but for others' fyi, when you are charged with a felony and released prior to trial, you have given "conditions of release" (unless you make the higher no conditions bond). In practice, those are very similar to the type of conditions you get on probation, and much like probation violations, you can be arrested without a warrant if an officer has probable cause to believe you have violated. Consequences can include having your bail increased or tighter restrictions going forward.

Top Bottom