ESPN Video: Harbaugh not amused with Colin Cowherd's questions

Just watched th interview on youtube. Wow. That was bad. Didn't seem like Jim really cared to be on the phone with Colin. Cowherd had to keep asking questions because Harbaugh wasn't giving him hardly any dialogue.

Was just going to post this. To be fair to Cowherd, Harbaugh was giving him virtually nothing to work with. I would have killed the interview too.

Jim Harbaugh ladies and gentlemen. How about a round of applause.

"What are you wearing Jim from Michigan? Ahhhh......khakis".

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Harbaugh really should extend an invite to Vlad Putin to attend an afternoon of field practice. I'm sure he would enjoy himself immensely.

enhanced-buzz-23525-1374675113-0.jpg

Just listened, I loved it! Loved Harbaugh. Cowherd came across as a complete tool. Like he idolized Harbaugh and Harbaugh was like get over it. I think Harbaugh was just taken back by Cowherd's silly hyper ness. The Big Ten is a buy was so stupid. I thought he meant bye as well. Harbaugh is like, I need to sell my program to a tool like you on your radio show? I don't think so. That was great! I love when people make guys like Cowherd and Rome look like the wannabes they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my vantage point, Cowherd was practically begging Harbaugh to plug his program - giving him a chance to describe his sales pitch to a recruit. "you should come to Michigan because A, B, C...."
But, for whatever reason, Harbaugh refused to promote his own program.

Imagine Jerry Kill in the same setting, same question. Kill would jump at the change to give a sales pitch on why recruits should go to MN.

As others have said, if you don't want to do the interview, then just say no. Don't agree to the interview and then refuse to answer questions. That's an a-hole move in my book.

I wonder if this kind of stuff hurts recruiting in the long run. Parents don't want there kids to be around a prick.

Much ado about nothing. Yes, Harbaugh was short with his answers, but that's who he is. He's not a glib dude. If Cowherd wants a BS'ing full of crap coach on there, get the Penn State wonderboy, Franklin. He can sling it with the best of 'em, and talk about himself.

Just listened, I loved it! Loved Harbaugh. Cowherd came across as a complete tool. Like he idolized Harbaugh and Harbaugh was like get over it. I think Harbaugh was just taken back by Cowherd's silly hyper ness. The Big Ten is a buy was so stupid. I thought he meant bye as well. Harbaugh is like, I need to sell my program to a tool like you on your radio show? I don't think so. That was great! I love when people make guys like Cowherd and Rome look like the wannabes they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

?????? Ummm.... Okay

From my vantage point, Cowherd was practically begging Harbaugh to plug his program - giving him a chance to describe his sales pitch to a recruit. "you should come to Michigan because A, B, C...."
But, for whatever reason, Harbaugh refused to promote his own program.

Imagine Jerry Kill in the same setting, same question. Kill would jump at the change to give a sales pitch on why recruits should go to MN.

As others have said, if you don't want to do the interview, then just say no. Don't agree to the interview and then refuse to answer questions. That's an a-hole move in my book.

Exactly.

Of course some of the questions by Cowherd sounded stupid. Good grief, he probably had 20-25 questions prepared, thinking he would likely only need 6-7 to fill the segment. Once you start plowing through your questions at light speed because the dumbf'k on the other end is refusing to talk, you're going to get to the bottom of the barrel on your list of questions.

A more appropriate course of action by Cowherd would have been to cut it off after 4-5 questions, abruptly, and head to commercial.

I actually like Harbaugh a lot and I'm admittedly a big Cowherd fan but Harbaugh was being difficult on purpose. For the record, Cowherd briefly mentioned it again on his show today and after a brief comment about how it being a clunker, he reiterated how much he likes Harbaugh, likes Michigan, thinks it's important for Michigan to be relevant, the Big Ten is on the way back up, etc.

Definitely a strange interview on Harbaugh's end. You'd think he would take every opportunity to sell his program and he was pretty unresponsive. I thought the questions were pretty good.

Top Bottom