Athlons: 2015 College Football Conference Power Rankings (#3. Big Ten)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Athlons:

3. Big Ten

The same league that seemed hopeless in Week 2 — the week Michigan State lost to Oregon, Ohio State lost to Virginia Tech and Michigan was shut out by Notre Dame — knocked off three Power 5 conference champions during the bowl season. That said, a national championship doesn’t by default elevate an entire conference. Ohio State won the first College Football Playoff and is built to contend for another title in 2015. The question for the Big Ten is if anyone can catch up to Ohio State this season. The hires of Jim Harbaugh at Michigan and James Franklin at Penn State in the last two seasons set up those programs to eventually challenge Urban Meyer’s juggernaut.

http://athlonsports.com/magazines/2015-college-football-conference-power-rankings

Go Gophers!!

All hail Jim Harbaugh and rich franklin, the saviors of the big ten!

But seriously. What is with the love for franklin constantly? Harbaugh I get because he has won but Franklin has made a mediocre to bad Vandy team somewhat mediocre and has taken Penn state to right about where you'd expect given the circumstances because they still are PSU. I get he can recruit but until you actually see something happen on the field, people need to pump the breaks on proclaiming him as a great coach. Just my .02

"A national championship doesn't by default elevate an entire conference"

....unless it's the SEC

SEC is 3-8 in big 6/BCS/CFP games since 2010-11.
One of their wins came against themselves.

So really they are 2-7.
They are 0-5 the past two years.

Unbelievable how lazy the media is

But I guess it i the south buying these magazines and the free market wins

Top Bottom