ESPN replaces B10 blog with Jim harbaugh blog!

Lordshawesome

Reaction score
Just go look... Like every third story is a Michigan story. ESPN is trying ridiculously hard to put a gleaming shine back on the helmet school, that has lost it's luster.

or they're simply covering the team/story that people from all fan bases are most interested in. Do you care about what's going on at Purdue? How many stories on Rutgers have you read this off season?

or they're simply covering the team/story that people from all fan bases are most interested in. Do you care about what's going on at Purdue? How many stories on Rutgers have you read this off season?

Part of it is just lazy reporting and a self-fulfilling journalistic approach. If they only report on Michigan, then only Michigan is interesting.

The college football season fruns from September to January. Signing day is in February. It is currently June. There just aren't that many stories. Not everything is a conspiracy.

BTW, I looked through and of the first 10 posts exactly one was Michigan-centric, tying it with JJ-Watt-at-a-concert-centric posts.

First 10 stories, one is about Harbaugh. I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight.

I'm a gophers fan. I care no more about Michigan than I do about Purdue, Rutgers, etc... The point is(and whoever said one mention of Michigan in 10 stories needs to check again) that the "helmet" schools get way more attention than us, Purdue, etc. It should be more balanced and equitable. Besides, Michigan hasn't earned the hype lately. Just cause Jim harbaugh is a "name", he gets a story about recruiting a kid he BABYSAT! If Purdue's coach recruited a kid he used to babysit, I doubt we'd see that story. Lol. I get that a hyped Michigan gives more credence to a (profitable) Ohio State /Michigan rivalry that has been lopsided for years. So there is a vested interest to do these stories. Just saying, keep it equal.

The college football season fruns from September to January. Signing day is in February. It is currently June. There just aren't that many stories. Not everything is a conspiracy.

I was happy to be informed that Harbaugh took his shirt off at a recent camp.

(Yes, there really was an article about this)

I'm a gophers fan. I care no more about Michigan than I do about Purdue, Rutgers, etc... The point is(and whoever said one mention of Michigan in 10 stories needs to check again) that the "helmet" schools get way more attention than us, Purdue, etc. It should be more balanced and equitable. Besides, Michigan hasn't earned the hype lately. Just cause Jim harbaugh is a "name", he gets a story about recruiting a kid he BABYSAT! If Purdue's coach recruited a kid he used to babysit, I doubt we'd see that story. Lol. I get that a hyped Michigan gives more credence to a (profitable) Ohio State /Michigan rivalry that has been lopsided for years. So there is a vested interest to do these stories. Just saying, keep it equal.

Dude its not that difficult to understand. Of the CFB fan pie the helmet schools have the biggest slices meaning they have more fans. Not only that but the average fan is more interested in reading stories about name programs than smaller ones. It's that simple.

As a gopher fan I am much more interested to see how Harbaugh does than how Purdue does.

As a Gopher fan, I am much more interested in seeing Harbaugh fail than in seeing Purdue fail. But that does not mean I want to read about him every day.

As a Gopher fan, I am much more interested in seeing Harbaugh fail than in seeing Purdue fail. But that does not mean I want to read about him every day.

Exactly. I was making an observation/humorous slant on the blog we all know and love. Seeing stories about him babysitting, being topless in the span of a week makes one say... What the frack?? Lol

If Purdue magically builds a stadium that holds 110,000 fans and can bring in one of the most high profile coaches in the NFL back down to college then I would love to see that story.

ESPN's coverage of Michigan has been excessive and obsessive lately, but hopefully it's beginning to moderate.

"Jim Harbaugh's farts smell like daisies. Watch Sportscenter, next!"

I've been hitting refresh since midnight. Three more stories not about Harbaugh!!!!

Only 1 of the last 13 exclusively about Harbaugh! Outrage!

Most kids looking at Schools in 2015, don't see Michigan, Nebraska, or Iowa as they once were. These kids were either too young or hadn't been born. Its the alumni in the media who drum up these tweets, snap chats, media articles. And Harbaugh has embraced it.

Most kids looking at Schools in 2015, don't see Michigan, Nebraska, or Iowa as they once were. These kids were either too young or hadn't been born. Its the alumni in the media who drum up these tweets, snap chats, media articles. And Harbaugh has embraced it.
Right... I get that it's the nature of the beast, that helmet schools get the lions share of the press. But A) Some of these harbaugh articles just seem to be reaching for a story/reason to talk about ol' big blue. B)The man hasn't coached one game at Michigan, yet they are acting like he's already got Michigan back to a contender in the east(and in my humble opinion, they aren't even close) Plus "he's shirtless" is just mindless fluff reporting. I know ESPN isn't Edward R. Murrowesque... But come on... Lol

Anybody catch Colin Cowherds show this morning and his "interview" with Harbaugh. Colin said it was the hardest and worst interview he's ever done. Harbaugh was an ass with stilted abbreviated responses to good open ended questions. Cowherd cut the interview short cuz it was so painful. Why would any prospect go to this jerk's program after listening to his performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yet the only posts since 12:37 on this board today are about Harbaugh...

...interesting.

Captains log... Just checked the ESPN b10 blog... Headline reads "Jim harbaugh doesn't need the media to sell Michigan"!! They heard us...

Top Bottom