TCU, Alabama, Oregon, Utah on opening day

Ragpile

Reaction score
The Big Ten has seriously upgraded their non conference scheduling. The gophers host TCU, Badgers at Alabama, MSU hosts Oregon, Michigan at Utah; and playing in Blacksburg (OSU at Va Tech) is no walk in the park either.

Which Big Ten will show up in early September? The one we saw last September or last January?

wisconsin and Alabama are playing in Dallas, not at Bama.

For some reason I thought the badger/'bama game was at lambeau this year...I checked and I was wrong, but good-gravy did wisconsin get a gift-wrapped schedule with Rutgers and Maryland as their crossovers. They could have a serious down year and still lose only 3 games (Tide, @ Nebraska, @ TCF).

For some reason I thought the badger/'bama game was at lambeau this year...I checked and I was wrong, but good-gravy did wisconsin get a gift-wrapped schedule with Rutgers and Maryland as their crossovers. They could have a serious down year and still lose only 3 games (Tide, @ Nebraska, @ TCF).

They play LSU at Lambeau next year.

The Big Ten has seriously upgraded their non conference scheduling. The gophers host TCU, Badgers at Alabama, MSU hosts Oregon, Michigan at Utah; and playing in Blacksburg (OSU at Va Tech) is no walk in the park either.

Which Big Ten will show up in early September? The one we saw last September or last January?

Perhaps reading too much into this, but is there a reason why you purposely capitalized everything that should have been capitalized except for "Gophers"? Seems conspicuously odd. Just saying. :confused:

Perhaps reading too much into this, but is there a reason why you purposely capitalized everything that should have been capitalized except for "Gophers"? Seems conspicuously odd. Just saying. :confused:

Noticed that too. Probably just a troll based upon join date and post total.

Hunt and peck error..

Word: you're not mind readers, don't try to be.

Ohio State may have cupcake-iest schedule in the big ten. And truth be told that's a big reason they're ranked so high (1?) preseason.

Ohio State may have cupcake-iest schedule in the big ten. And truth be told that's a big reason they're ranked so high (1?) preseason.

Whenever this Ragpile guy posts, this is the image that pops into my mind.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/263eG7HfwBM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It can't possibly be because they are returning 15 starters from last year's National Championship team. It's obviously because they're playing Hawaii.

Strength of schedule is a key consideration in preseason ratings: stronger schedule ➡️ lower ranking generally. And the rankers admit as much, e.g. SI ranks The Frogs 6th, noting they have an excellent team but play Oklahoma, Ok State and Kansas St on the road.

Who does OSU play on the road?: Indiana, Rutgers, Maryland and Illinois. Not awful teams maybe but none are ranked in top 25 preseason and you'd be hard pressed to list four cupcakier big 10 road trips.

Rankings are HIGHER if your schedule is easier? Where is Hamline in these rankings?

I'm pretty sure that Ohio State, with a lot of players returning from a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON, are likely ranked #1 for that reason. If they had TCU's schedule, they would still be pre season #1.

Strength of schedule is a key consideration in preseason ratings: stronger schedule ➡️ lower ranking generally.

Don't think so.

Name recognition and previous season results are what they're largely based on. As others have pointed out, Ohio State deserves to be ranked #1, and it has nothing to do with their schedule.

Top Bottom