10,000 Gopher fans taking over Fort Collins ?

Can we get 10,000 to iway instead? Love to see a huge crowd there

Wow. Don't let anyone ever tell you that you don't know how to have a good time!

The fan turnout at Orlando was the best Gopher road game in my lifetime. There were probably about 11K to 16KGopher fans there for real. The attached Minnesota Marching Band video shows the Missouri side, which was very poorly populated.

I recall decent crowds in El Paso, Cal, and Las Vegas as well, probably in the 6-10 range. I have never been to a Northwestern game, but Minnesota should be able to bring a huge crowd there sometime if the corner ever gets turned. Iowa and UW have also had good 5-7K of Gopher fans.

The south end zone was poorly filled, and the North end zone had a decent amount of fans. The place probably holds about 65,000 and I'd say there were about 33,000 tops in the building. The gopher fans did fill the west sideline and mezzanine (new 2nd deck) seats, with a decent amount of students in the huge (original part of the stadium) deck.

There were Gopher fans sprinkled around other areas. Maybe there were 16,000 there for MN. The video at the 7:30 mark during the rouser shows the large size of the Minnesota crowd on the west side. The students fllled up a couple of sections up on top that are not visible.

14,000 MN
4,000 Missouri
9000 locals
40 concession workers
500 lip syncing singers and 12 year old dancers who wasted pregame time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp17inxNPlc

These videos show how how to take over a BCS stadium on a road trip, 2500 miles from home no less. I personally like the post game one better, but the red in the crowd is shocking in the second video.

This type of video makes my blood boil, since I know I will probably never see the U of M Marching Band at a Big Ten road game in my lifetime. It has been almost 20 years since the band went to Iowa City or Northwestern. These types of trips build the U of M brand, and make a fan road trip much more interesting.

I though Norwood might fix this issue, but no, nothing has changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3BzgcwNyr4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSnxnSYOdr4

The fan turnout at Orlando was the best Gopher road game in my lifetime. There were probably about 11K to 16KGopher fans there for real. The attached Minnesota Marching Band video shows the Missouri side, which was very poorly populated.

I recall decent crowds in El Paso, Cal, and Las Vegas as well, probably in the 6-10 range. I have never been to a Northwestern game, but Minnesota should be able to bring a huge crowd there sometime if the corner ever gets turned. Iowa and UW have also had good 5-7K of Gopher fans.

The south end zone was poorly filled, and the North end zone had a decent amount of fans. The place probably holds about 65,000 and I'd say there were about 33,000 tops in the building. The gopher fans did fill the west sideline and mezzanine (new 2nd deck) seats, with a decent amount of students in the huge (original part of the stadium) deck.

There were Gopher fans sprinkled around other areas. Maybe there were 16,000 there for MN. The video at the 7:30 mark during the rouser shows the large size of the Minnesota crowd on the west side. The students fllled up a couple of sections up on top that are not visible.

14,000 MN
4,000 Missouri
9000 locals
40 concession workers
500 lip syncing singers and 12 year old dancers who wasted pregame time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp17inxNPlc

Thanks. Still trying to figure out what this has to do with my post you quoted tho???

The Orlando Sentinel said 20,000. At halftime we talked to one of the Bowl officials and he was amazed at the turnout. All I know is there were Gopher fans everywhere throughout the Stadium except for the Missouri section. We ran into Gopher fans from all parts of Florida. Even talked to a group of 8 who came down from New York to visit Disney World and attend the game.

The Orlando Sentinel said 20,000. At halftime we talked to one of the Bowl officials and he was amazed at the turnout. All I know is there were Gopher fans everywhere throughout the Stadium except for the Missouri section. We ran into Gopher fans from all parts of Florida. Even talked to a group of 8 who came down from New York to visit Disney World and attend the game.
+1

+1

TCF with always be sold out if more Gopher fans had his enthusiasm. That said 3-5 thousand would be a large group and good for Gopher football. A lot depends on how the TCU game goes. We have a good chance to win it. Pack TCF with rabid fans.

Just picked up 6 tickets to the game at CSU. We're excited about the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just decided to go and made reservations...wooohoooo! 2 more Gopher fans in Fort Collins. We're hoping for a big Minnesota crowd.

Top Bottom