10,000 Gopher fans taking over Fort Collins ?

Reaction score
Believe it. Huge contingent of Minnesotan's in the Denver area. Look at tickets sold so far in the visitors section. Creative Charters has already sold out one flight and I checked today on the second flight and it is over half booked. We've friends in the Denver area that will be attending. Think about this boys and girls. We beat TCU the good people of Fort Collins will have to wear blinders to block out the sea of maroon and gold So we don't travel well? F--k that......

Three of us from Denver heading up. I was in Fort Collins today at the Colorado Breweries Festival and saw at least 5 people in UofM apparel.

Believe it. Huge contingent of Minnesotan's in the Denver area. Look at tickets sold so far in the visitors section. Creative Charters has already sold out one flight and I checked today on the second flight and it is over half booked. We've friends in the Denver area that will be attending. Think about this boys and girls. We beat TCU the good people of Fort Collins will have to wear blinders to block out the sea of maroon and gold So we don't travel well? F--k that......
One and a half flights booked already?! Hell, we might bring 20,000!

I was in Denver in late May and was out at some bars with two other Gopher alum and we randomly ran into an additional 8-10 gopher alum we knew. It seems like there is a ton of Minnesota transplants out in the Denver area and I've got a couple of alum and non-alum Minnesota friends who plan on going. Hopefully the maroon and gold turns out in full force that day.

Just moved to Denver and I plan on heading up there. Hoping to bring 1-2 other supporters, but I'll go alone if need be.

One and a half flights booked already?! Hell, we might bring 20,000!

Considering that airlines frequently use planes with a capacity of 13,000 passengers, your story checks out. I don't know why you would imply that ruppert is engaging in baseless and gross hyperbole. Frequent visitors to this board know that he would never do that.

Considering that airlines frequently use planes with a capacity of 13,000 passengers, your story checks out. I don't know why you would imply that ruppert is engaging in baseless and gross hyperbole. Frequent visitors to this board know that he would never do that.

Well my good man if your memory serves you correct I said there would be close to 20,000 Gopher fans in Orlando. I rest my case your honor let the minions on GH be the jury.

A program that can't sell 45k non student tix for it's home opener against a top 5 squad? There will be 3-5k Gopher fans in Fort Collins.

Every time I see that 'LesBolstad' is the latest to comment on a thread, I always click on it. He's our own resident Grumpy Cat.

Every time I see that 'LesBolstad' is the latest to comment on a thread, I always click on it. He's our own resident Grumpy Cat.

I love Les. He is our lead hornet, stirring things up.

Friend of mine is moving to Denver in the coming month. Justification for going to the game.

Tempted to ask whether legal marijuana might be an incentive for some people wanting to visit Colorado?

I have college friends in Denver and New Belgium Brewing is in Ft . Collins. Add Gopher FB to that list and how can I not go?

Rupert- you have one extra zero on your number.

Ruppy, is this akin to your prediction that Illinois will travel better than Wisconsin during this past years bowl season?

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?58827-Will-the-Gophers-be-in-the-top-3-for-fan-support-at-the-bowl-games

I'm thinking this:
1. Ohio State
2. Minnesota
3. Michigan State
4. Penn State ( New York a great venue )
5. Nebraska. ( I still think they'll have a good following )
6. Iowa
7. Rutgers
8. Maryland
9. Illinois
10.Wisconsin ( They will avoid Tampa like the plague )
Last edited by ruppertflywheel; 12-09-2014 at 10:05 AM.

Also Ruppy, did you ever get a head count for the Gopher fan attendance at the New Mexico State game a couple of years ago? I tried counting heads in the stands but AggieVision's standard definition video and quick panned shots through the stadium may have rendered by count off a bit. Still waiting for your invitation for that steak at Pittsburgh Blue.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?43166-Will-the-9-7-13-game-at-New-Mexico-State-be-picked-up-by-TV&p=632593

Ruppy, you need to stick to your fashion blogging regarding the latest trends in Gopher clothing in the greater Pequot Lakes area because you are not good at predicting fan traveling trends of Gopher Nation. 3,000 - 4,000 Gopher fan at the most in Fort Collins.

Ruppy, is this akin to your prediction that Illinois will travel better than Wisconsin during this past years bowl season?

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?58827-Will-the-Gophers-be-in-the-top-3-for-fan-support-at-the-bowl-games

Also Ruppy, did you ever get a head count for the Gopher fan attendance at the New Mexico State game a couple of years ago? I tried counting heads in the stands but AggieVision's standard definition video and quick panned shots through the stadium may have rendered by count off a bit. Still waiting for your invitation for that steak at Pittsburgh Blue.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?43166-Will-the-9-7-13-game-at-New-Mexico-State-be-picked-up-by-TV&p=632593

Ruppy, you need to stick to your fashion blogging regarding the latest trends in Gopher clothing in the greater Pequot Lakes area because you are not good at predicting fan traveling trends of Gopher Nation. 3,000 - 4,000 Gopher fan at the most in Fort Collins.

Wisconsin didn't even sell 3,000 tickets. I nutted the Orlando attendence. New Mexico State? You had a hard time defining who had the most fans there. Pittsburg Blue? I don't remember the criteria for the bet. ( ok, I checked back. You said 300. You owe me a 100.00 dollar dinner. I don't drink cheap wine.

I'm late to this thread and haven't reviewed all 2,347 posts. My question is: how good is CSU this year? The Gophers schedule looks daunting as it is without a sleeper Unheralded tough test on the road

Before you have any credibility you need to add an extra 0 to your posts General. I smell Badger poo-
tang.

Rupert, do I have enough posts to be credible? If so, I think you have on extra zero on your number.

Rupert, do I have enough posts to be credible? If so, I think you have on extra zero on your number.

I've been granted tenure by GH. for my ability to stir the pot. You on the other hand have about as much pizzazz as a damp .mop. I've read text manuals on the inner workings of the V-8 engine that bring more to the table than your ramblings.

I've been granted tenure by GH. for my ability to stir the pot. You on the other hand have about as much pizzazz as a damp .mop. I've read text manuals on the inner workings of the V-8 engine that bring more to the table than your ramblings.
Nice! Congrats on your tenure!

.mop? Is that a new domain extension? I haven't heard of it before. And how is it damp?

Just remember: It's not a lie if you truly believe it.

Ha! One of many great George Costanza lines.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vn_PSJsl0LQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I for one like Ruppert's enthusiasm on such matters. Cheers!

Top Bottom