Reusse runs the U

AO54

Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5_65ydX1Bbc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Looks like our favorite columnist might outlive Sid after all.

"runs" is quite generous. more like shuffles his feet, but great cause!

Reusse might live longer but he'll actually retire. I remember he made some comments about signing his last contract, a couple of years ago, implying that he was retiring at the end of it. I never did hear how long the contract was.

Reusse might live longer but he'll actually retire. I remember he made some comments about signing his last contract, a couple of years ago, implying that he was retiring at the end of it. I never did hear how long the contract was.

he initially said he was going to retire after he covered the Twins in the first season at the new target field. that was a number of years ago.

he initially said he was going to retire after he covered the Twins in the first season at the new target field. that was a number of years ago.
I found an old Shama article it was 2009 when he signed a three year contract. There was a hint in the Shama article that Reusse needed to stay working because of financial obligations. If he needed to work at age 64 it's obvious he's no Sid on the financial side.

I found an old Shama article it was 2009 when he signed a three year contract. There was a hint in the Shama article that Reusse needed to stay working because of financial obligations. If he needed to work at age 64 it's obvious he's no Sid on the financial side.

One, he does what he does a lot for the recognition it gives him. He thrives on giving opinions and agitating people.

Two, if you look at his earlier work, you could make the case he retired years ago. Mailing it in will extend his career a long ways.

I've heard Reusse mention several times about hanging it up after the Ryder Cup next year.
I will miss him.

Reusse is Minnesota's best sports columnist ever. Second place is not in the same solar system. Why would anyone retire from a well paid, part-time job, writing opinion columns from your home (or Florida condo) about almost any subject you want. The answer, of course, is hardly anyone would retire from that kind of job. A lot of people would do it for free. Reusse is far more likely to retire from his full-time radio job in the next couple of years and continue writing his columns for the Strib.

Enjoy him on the radio............. Beats Judd and McKay(who replied to my email by saying I shouldn't email anymore).:)

It's great that Reusse takes the time to help out with Special Olympics. That's really cool. But it's extremely unlikely that he will outlive Sid Hartman. Sid is 95 and Reusse is 69, I think. Reusse likely has a BMI of over 40 and it's not due to muscle. Looking at Sid, I would bet he has more years left than Patrick.

It's great that Reusse takes the time to help out with Special Olympics. That's really cool. But it's extremely unlikely that he will outlive Sid Hartman. Sid is 95 and Reusse is 69, I think. Reusse likely has a BMI of over 40 and it's not due to muscle. Looking at Sid, I would bet he has more years left than Patrick.

I'll take that bet.:)

Looks like he got a ride...but it's a start. LOL!

Reusse is Minnesota's best sports columnist ever. Second place is not in the same solar system. Why would anyone retire from a well paid, part-time job, writing opinion columns from your home (or Florida condo) about almost any subject you want. The answer, of course, is hardly anyone would retire from that kind of job. A lot of people would do it for free. Reusse is far more likely to retire from his full-time radio job in the next couple of years and continue writing his columns for the Strib.

Best ever takes in a lot of territory. Reusse was a sports writer at the Saint Paul Pioneer Press. And Sid Hartman Dominated the paper and radio. He was the sports authority in the Twin Towns before Sports Center. Sid was on the staff with legends like Dick Cullum and Dick Gordon. The young baseball writer and later columnist for The Star Tribune and contemporary was Joe Socheray. The flipped jobs when Socheray wrote against building the Dump.

To say best ever is always open to history, and if your history is only the last 20 years then you have a problem.

Have you looked at (or listened to) Sid lately? He's really declined a lot in the last year. I know we always say it, but I really believe we are likely reading and hearing him in the final stages now.

Reusse has actually lost a ton of weight in the last two years.

Have you looked at (or listened to) Sid lately? He's really declined a lot in the last year. I know we always say it, but I really believe we are likely reading and hearing him in the final stages now.

Reusse has actually lost a ton of weight in the last two years.

Where's the party?

6a011570c3de61970c015433b9c6a4970c-800wi

Sid will never pass. He's like the 2000 year old man that comic Mel Brooks made famous.

I love Reusse's HS basketball tournament columns. I missed the golden age (born well after) of that tournament.

Both Sid and Patrick have lots of history and they seem to compliment each other with HS, Gophers, and pro sports.

Top Bottom