Jalen Myrick has Minnesota's fastest velocity this summer so far

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Good to see knee surgery went well enough for Duke and Nick Rallis to be on there.

I keep getting more excited about Holland. Guys got some burners to go with that frame. Also Strev as an athlete keeps impressing. Would like to see him get more touches but hard to find a spot for him out there

Wow. Impressive for Duke at his size. I am really excited for him if he comes back where he was before the latest injury.

Comparison to last summer's "final." Looks like most of the guys aren't back to top speed yet (and winter weight/strength gains may sap a little speed??) which makes Myrick's big leap even more impressive. I'll be curious to see what this looks like when the new guys get in there.

gopherteamspeed.jpg

you ever seen theiren cockran workout? hardest working player in practice. its all slobber, grunt and huff when the whistle blows. no leash tuff enuff to hold him back.

Be interesting to know what the margin of error is in the GPS system (which I believe is what they are using in the helmets?), I think the typical consumer GPS is something like +/- 3 meters.

Be interesting to know what the margin of error is in the GPS system (which I believe is what they are using in the helmets?), I think the typical consumer GPS is something like +/- 3 meters.

it depends on if they are using assisted GPS with triangulation etc..

but if they are all using the same system the errors would be similar across the board

but if they are all using the same system the errors would be similar across the board
Yep still a great tool for analytical work and not doubting the numbers, just interested in the technology and how it works. Cool stuff.

Weighing in since this is my professional area of expertise... The system they use is a differential GPS based system and the velocity accuracy on those systems is typically on the order of <2 cm/s (<0.04 mph). So, the margin of error is probably insignificantly small and those numbers are pretty dead on, which to me just makes it cooler. :cool:

Weighing in since this is my professional area of expertise... The system they use is a differential GPS based system and the velocity accuracy on those systems is typically on the order of <2 cm/s (<0.04 mph). So, the margin of error is probably insignificantly small and those numbers are pretty dead on, which to me just makes it cooler. :cool:
Awesome, thanks for the info!

Love the speed of our backup CB's. One more year and they should be ready to takeover (if not exceed) BBC and Murray.

Love the speed of our backup CB's. One more year and they should be ready to takeover (if not exceed) BBC and Murray.

Plus Shenault had better track times in Illinois than Craig James and Kiante Hardin is considered even faster than Shenault.

Myrick is incredible! I took the fastest 27 times (all I could see) and found that the mean velocity=20.72 mph; standard deviation = .563. Myrick is about 2 standard deviations faster than the next fastest guy, he's off the freaking charts!! I know that there are issues with my stats, but his speed is blinding.

Huh, and here I thought they used the furlongs per fortnight system? Silly me! Thanks for clearing this up.

Myrick is incredible! I took the fastest 27 times (all I could see) and found that the mean velocity=20.72 mph; standard deviation = .563. Myrick is about 2 standard deviations faster than the next fastest guy, he's off the freaking charts!! I know that there are issues with my stats, but his speed is blinding.

Yeah. I remember reading that Dalvin Cook had 23.something last year, and he's arguably the fastest player in college football. Myrick is getting close to that neighborhood.

Comparison to last summer's "final." Looks like most of the guys aren't back to top speed yet (and winter weight/strength gains may sap a little speed??) which makes Myrick's big leap even more impressive. I'll be curious to see what this looks like when the new guys get in there.

View attachment 3551

They ran against the wind this year.

Are there special glasses you can wear to watch him run or is it just an unsafe act to watch?

Are there special glasses you can wear to watch him run or is it just an unsafe act to watch?

I think you need a pinhole projector like for a solar eclipse.

what-does-that-even-mean-gif.gif

Statistics class was too long ago for me.

Wow. Impressive for Duke at his size. I am really excited for him if he comes back where he was before the latest injury.

Agree, this is pretty shocking. I already viewed him as a true diamond in the rough. Now I'm even more excited to see him as a breakout TE in the B1G next year.

I love they make these times/speed public. I have said there should be Gopher Record Holders in 40 yard time, weight lifting, agility time, 10 yard times, vertical, et al. These players demonstrate the top end speed/velocity, but who is the quickest Gopher? Who is the most explosive?

Top Bottom