AP: Pre-season bowl projections (TaxSlayer Bowl: Minnesota vs South Carolina)

BleedGopher

Reaction score

I would love to see Jerry Kill match wits with "The Old Ball Coach"

I'd love to spend New Year's in Florida again, but the Gator Bowl (sorry, not calling it the TaxSlayer Bowl) people have shown repeatedly they have no desire for non-name brand teams.

In the five years they've been affiliated with the Big Ten, they've invited Michigan, Ohio State, Northwestern, Nebraska and Iowa -- and the only reason they took Northwestern was because they were 9-3 and ranked in the Top 25, and the only other remaining bowl-eligible teams all had 6-6 records: Michigan State, Minnesota and Purdue. Recall two years ago, they chose Nebraska ahead of Minnesota, even though both teams were 8-4, the Gophers won the head-to-head, and they were creating a very undesirable rematch of the previous season's Citrus Bowl (Nebraska vs. Georgia).

The Big Ten shares that pick with the ACC and Music City Bowl - I am guessing that if the Gophers are slotted into this spot in the pecking order, we would end up in Nashville and the ACC would get Jacksonville.

Had me a dream last night that the Gophers were playing Pitt in the Tax Slayer bowl in Jax and we beat them 54-16, and with a lot of unsung heroes, like EJ Sardinha had two 50+ yd TD catches..

OMEN?!!

Had me a dream last night that the Gophers were playing Pitt in the Tax Slayer bowl in Jax and we beat them 54-16, and with a lot of unsung heroes, like EJ Sardinha had two 50+ yd TD catches..

OMEN?!!

I like that dream. Sign me up! lol

OMEN?!!

You think Pitt will be good enough to play in a high tier bowl game such as this? It would take an upgrade in coaching for that to happen. :confused: On second thought, you might be on to something.:cool:

Do we know which hotel the team will be staying at. I want to get my rooms reserved early this year. Why can't we skip the season and just go to Florida right now.

You think Pitt will be good enough to play in a high tier bowl game such as this? It would take an upgrade in coaching for that to happen. :confused: On second thought, you might be on to something.:cool:

Do I think this?? Ummm, pretty sure I said it was in a dream, not my analytical thoughts.
Bro... you don't want to know about other things I dream about that also aren't that realistic ;)

Do we know which hotel the team will be staying at. I want to get my rooms reserved early this year. Why can't we skip the season and just go to Florida right now.

I booked my airfare today, but will be holding back on hotel until the team hotel is announced.

I'd dig a trip to the Outback Bowl. Short drive from my folks in Kissimmee.

Top Bottom