Who will have a better career: VCU signee Murphy at MN, or MN signee Nwankwo at VCU?

Who will have a better career: VCU signee Murphy at MN, or MN signee Nwankwo at VCU?

• VCU signee Jordan Murphy will have a better career at Minnesota

Votes: 49 86.0%
  • MN signee Jonathan Nwankwo will have a better career at VCU

Votes: 8 14.0%

• Total voters

El Amin Fan

Reaction score

At this point - we hope Murphy. I would think at this point the real question is between Nwankwo and Lynch. That's probably where the decision was at- wait for Lynch or wait for Nwankwo as it at some point became obvious that Nwankwo was probably not going to be eligible as a true frosh.

I wonder if Nwankwo's buddy & teammate Jordan Riullano is still planning on coming here as a walk-on? Haven't seen anything confirmed in that regard. My assumption would be they were a package deal.

I wonder if Nwankwo's buddy & teammate Jordan Riullano is still planning on coming here as a walk-on? Haven't seen anything confirmed in that regard. My assumption would be they were a package deal.

He twitter still has Williams Arena as his background image, but I thought it used to say 'University of Minnesota Commit' under his name... not positive on that though.

Murphy higher rated. Better player. Anything can happen.

At this point - we hope Murphy. I would think at this point the real question is between Nwankwo and Lynch. That's probably where the decision was at- wait for Lynch or wait for Nwankwo as it at some point became obvious that Nwankwo was probably not going to be eligible as a true frosh.

I think you're right.

Options were kind of misleading. I saw MN signee and voted immediately. Meant to vote for Murphy but voted Nwankwo.

I hope they both have a great college career and get their degrees.

Jonathon seems like a class act. I wish him nothing but the best.

As defined by what?

Personal stats?

Number of minutes played?

Career wins?

Post-season appearances?

Conference honors?

Graduation?

I don't think either of these guys are lottery picks, so I would define "best career" as some yet-to-be-defined combination/function of individual stats and longevity.

As defined by what?

Personal stats?

Number of minutes played?

Career wins?

Post-season appearances?

Conference honors?

Graduation?

I don't think either of these guys are lottery picks, so I would define "best career" as some yet-to-be-defined combination/function of individual stats and longevity.

You decide. Pretty simple, sir.

Longer career in Australia/China/Europe?

Two questions for you Doc. 1) Do you have a lawn? 2) Are you always yelling at kids for being on it?

Come on Burner get with it. Doc doesn't discriminate. He yells at kids AND adults.

What he yells depends on the time of day.

Based on his film, his offers, and what knowledgeable basketball people have been writing about him since he committed here, I have very little doubt that Murphy is going to be a valuable player for the Gophers and probably sooner rather than later. Nwankwo is definitely more of an enigma, and more raw. It almost doesn't matter that he has to sit out his first year because he probably should be redshirting anyway, and he won't have his confidence destroyed playing against Big Ten centers. The quality of coaching he'll get under the new VCU staff remains to be determined [as it would be here as well], but based on circumstances alone it may not be a bad move for him. In their conference, a lot of times he may be able to get by on his size and physicality alone. He seemed like a good, naive kid and I hope the best for him.

In any case, implications are that Nwankwo and his camp had a chance to fix the academic record or paperwork this year and didn't, and Lynch -- a much surer bet to be productive and probably a better player, period -- basically took his spot.

Come on Burner get with it. Doc doesn't discriminate. He yells at kids AND adults.

What he yells depends on the time of day.

I don't yell, dammit. I just talk loud,

AND DON'T WALK ON MY LAWN!!!

Options were kind of misleading. I saw MN signee and voted immediately. Meant to vote for Murphy but voted Nwankwo.

options weren't misleading. seemed simple. really excited for murphy!

Looks like we can call this a win for Coach P!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Who said anything about their professional careers? The question asked about who would have a better college career.

Wonk got 3 mins in a blowout win.. We are lucky he's not a Gopher.

Some posters had him slotted as starting center as a freahman.

Nwankwo did provide a couple of things for us:

1. One of my favorite GH threads/storylines when he signed up and made multiple really entertaining posts.

2. Golden_Sloth's glorious profile pic.

Nwankwo did provide a couple of things for us:

1. One of my favorite GH threads/storylines when he signed up and made multiple really entertaining posts.

2. Golden_Sloth's glorious profile pic.

To my knowledge he remains the only player ever to officially announce his commitment to the Gophers on Gopher Hole.

Top Bottom