Brian Bennett: If MN fans aren't going bonkers for TCU game, not sure they ever will

Zero chance this is a sellout.

I'm going to buy 10,000 tickets just to prove you wrong!

In all seriousness, this is the game I want to get tickets for the most. I will be buying the pick your pack with this game and something else.

Over 44,000 for last year's opener vs Eastern Illinois, you don't think there's a chance of 8,000 more when you combine TCU fans coming up, a top 2 opponent, and more excitement about the program?

Nope. The Thursday Night complaints are well documented. Common folks won't be excited about our season yet. TCU fans won't travel for this game. I'm not saying it shouldn't be, but it won't be. I think even the U feels it won't be a huge draw based on pricing single game tix barely above Illinois.

This will sell out. I'd be shocked if MN is not in the top 25 too. The Vikings can't possibly have a home game that night. If it doesn't sell out, ugh. There's no excuse.

Nope. The Thursday Night complaints are well documented. Common folks won't be excited about our season yet. TCU fans won't travel for this game. I'm not saying it shouldn't be, but it won't be. I think even the U feels it won't be a huge draw based on pricing single game tix barely above Illinois.

Disagree. There's a huge difference between Eastern Illinois and this game. This isn't just the Gophers first game, it's THE game on the first night of college football. ESPN will be talking about it for days, as will the local media. If it were on Saturday, it'd be a virtual lock for Game Day.

Only GH fans will find a reason to complain though.

Many casual fans can't go to the game because it is the same night as 50% of high school football openers. That rules out about half of the football players and coaches in the state.

I know personally I can't get there until after halftime most likely.

Many casual fans can't go to the game because it is the same night as 50% of high school football openers. That rules out about half of the football players and coaches in the state.

Yep, only the programs that do zero week don't have a game on that day I believe.

FYI - I called the ticket office and single game tickets for TCU in zone 4 (see zone map here: https://www.mygophersports.com/onli...ports&utm_medium=article&utm_campaign=FB2Pack) are selling for $72 each once you include all the extra fees. I thought about it, but I think I'm going to roll the dice on the secondary market. I really want to see the game in person, but $72 a ticket for being higher than 20th row in the upper deck is a lot of money!

Hello All- Coming Back home with the family, will be needing 6 tix to the TCU game if anyone needs to unload. Let me know!

FYI - I called the ticket office and single game tickets for TCU in zone 4 (see zone map here: https://www.mygophersports.com/onli...ports&utm_medium=article&utm_campaign=FB2Pack) are selling for $72 each once you include all the extra fees. I thought about it, but I think I'm going to roll the dice on the secondary market. I really want to see the game in person, but $72 a ticket for being higher than 20th row in the upper deck is a lot of money!

I hear ya, and have been a stubhub theorist on these tickets all along. However, I wanted WI tix, no fail so went zone 4 on a 2-pack for TCU/WI.

I have a hard time believing there is a single Gopher fan out there that absolutely needs to go to the fair on that Thursday night.

I have a hard time believing anyone needs to go to the Fair at all.

My wife and I live in Houston and are season ticket holders. We are bringing three friends that are TCU alum and many of their friends are coming up for the game, there will be plenty of Horned Frogs traveling north for this game and then enjoying a long Labor Day weekend in Minnesota. So, c'mon Gopher fans, get off your ass and get to this game. Quit sitting on your hands all game and get up, get rowdy and make this stadium hell on the TCU team. Go Gophers!

Just picked up 4 tickets for the TCU game in sec 150A. So pumped to fly the family home from CA for this game and a long weekend.

I will be at this game and yelling and screaming. I will save the going bonkers for the Wisconsin game.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rockon:

Actually, you are a week off. Def Leppard is the Thursday before the game. Game night is Lynyrd Skynyrd with Collective Soul. :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Actually, we may be losing about half of our tailgate group to that concert. I would love to go too, but not missing this game/tailgate! :cool:

Night time game vs. the #2 team in the nation. If we don't sell out it's embarrassing

It will absolutely sell out now that it is offered as one of the non-premium games in a two pack (this is probably intentional). In the end, you may get a lot of Nebraska and Wisconsin fans dumping tickets so it will be a game everyone has access to. I hope so as I want the people who can only afford $40 in those seats - they are louder and more fun.

I hope Gopher fans show up just to boo the uniform changes for TCU.

By the way, these are supposed to look like actual horned frogs and not camo:

tcu1.jpg

I hope Gopher fans show up just to boo the uniform changes for TCU.

By the way, these are supposed to look like actual horned frogs and not camo:

tcu1.jpg
Middle white unifor isn't too bad, the zubas are turrible tho. Number font is bad though, Nike seems to have a real flair for inventing bad fonts.

Actually, we may be losing about half of our tailgate group to that concert. I would love to go too, but not missing this game/tailgate! :cool:

Thus the stupification of society. Almost no members of the original bands. Cover bands at best.

Ah, actually that's not true. The MN HS football season is starting earlier this year - ironically because of the Gophers. The Prep Bowl games will be played at TCF "the Real" Bank Stadium, but due to conflicts with Gopher Games, the Prep Bowl will be played earlier than normal, and the entire HS FB schedule was altered to compensate. As a result, FB practice will begin on August 10th in MN, and the 1st games of the regular season will be played on Saturday, August 22nd. (the HS league eliminated the scrimmage week). Now, it's possible that some teams might have games on the night of the TCU game, but it would not be the season openers - it would be week #2 of the regular season.

Middle white unifor isn't too bad, the zubas are turrible tho. Number font is bad though, Nike seems to have a real flair for inventing bad fonts.

The white is passable, if you like all white unis. The other two look like pajamas.

Only a fruit-cake would wear those. Maybe a nut-case would too, I guess.

The other two look like pajamas.
Had the same reaction, they look like PJ's. Gave it some thought and decided that you can't argue with their success. Maybe I am so old school that I have lost touch with what kids want to look like on the field these days. I like the throwback stuff the Gophers do even if it looks odd on todays players.

I disagree. I kind of like the font, especially on the middle one. But I've never seen 4G used as a number before. Is that even legal?

I picked up four tickets in Zone 3 today. Waiting until later is risky considering this will be a Thursday night game on national TV. I sense tickets will hard to come by waiting until the last minute.

My group plan to go to a microbrewery that have good food, then park in downtown Minneapolis, and take the train to the Bank.

Can someone suggest a microbrewery or two that also have good food? I don't mind driving a little further.

I disagree. I kind of like the font, especially on the middle one. But I've never seen 4G used as a number before. Is that even legal?

I think it's legal as long as you balance it with a player wearing LTE on the other side. :)

Top Bottom