$17 million dollar donation!

die hard gopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hopefully it was done within the confines of the rules. Teague is one step closer to admitting defeat to GW.

per KSTP:

The money breakdown will be $12 million for football and basketball facilities and programming, $2 million for the Carlson School of Management, $2 million for the College of Education and Human Development, and $1 million for pediatric cardiology research.

http://kstp.com/sports/stories/S3809936.shtml?cat=7

Go Gophers!!

Hot damn, that's incredible. Thanks to the Lindahls for their unbelievable generosity!

So, Joe C (the FB team beat writer) said the $12million portion for facilities was already being counted as part of the $70-million total, and Doogie said this counts as "new" money. Who can you trust?

NOT minimizing the importance of the gift - just pointing out the discrepancy between the two reporters. (assuming you call Doogie a reporter.......)

So, Joe C (the FB team beat writer) said the $12million portion for facilities was already being counted as part of the $70-million total, and Doogie said this counts as "new" money. Who can you trust?

NOT minimizing the importance of the gift - just pointing out the discrepancy between the two reporters. (assuming you call Doogie a reporter.......)

Yeah, this is about the first instance I can recall where I'm hoping Doogie is right.

Doogie reporting otherwise

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is incorrect no matter what. It would be $70M if already counted or $82M if not. This error aside leads to a more pressing question... Why would the very generous Lindahls waste $5M on things like cardiology research when it could have gone towards athletics or maybe some other important cause like helping to pay off coach's mortgage? Seriously, the Lindalhs are very gracious and obviously very well balanced with what is important in life. Thank you and...

Go Gophers!

Perhaps we can go to Sid as a tiebreaker?

Marcus Fuller also reporting it is apart of the $70 million.

Marcus Fuller also reporting it is apart of the $70 million.

And also, I think a sizeable portion of the $70 million has yet to be announced...the Cargill guy that passed away, Lindahl's, and land o lakes.

48 million

I would trust the University-issued news release, which reads:

"The couple’s $12 million gift to the athletics facilities campaign is included as part of the previously announced total of committed funds."

Does this number include my $100?

I don't know but out of curiosity what kind of naming rights privilege are you getting in return? I was told my $50 would get my name etched with a sharpie on a 5 lb dumbbell.

I don't know but out of curiosity what kind of naming rights privilege are you getting in return? I was told my $50 would get my name etched with a sharpie on a 5 lb dumbbell.

5 lb. Dumbbell? You've lost weight! :)

A quick search did not tell me if John Lindahl was involved with Lindahl Oldsmobile off the north side of 494 in Richfield. Best Buy headquarters took over that spot.

If John was part of that dealership, I'd like to think I'm part of this multi-million dollar donation. After all, when I was a young lad, my parents purchased a brand spanking new 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham complete with a Landau roof. I'm sure the profits went to the current cause.

Bill Diehl from WCCO made Lindahl Olds sound like the State Fair. It was a Saturday morning ritual to hear "This is Bill Diehl for Ooooooldsmobile."

Top Bottom