GopherSports Q&A: Meet A Gopher: Nick Connelly

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per GopherSports:

GS: You played for former Gopher quarterback Rickey Foggie. How does it feel to be playing at the same college as your High School coach?

NC: It's a really cool feeling. He just got here this year so it's not as cool as if I grew up with him coaching me and if I had been under him for four or five years but it's really cool to say that I'm playing the same place my coach played. It's really nice because him having the experience of playing in the CFL he really has a lot of advice he can give me and help work with me. He can really prepare me for that next step. It's really cool to be able to see him every once and a while because he'll be up there as an alumni. It's a really cool feeling to play with someone as great as him, he was a great quarterback.

GS: Can you describe your relationship with the other recruits?

NC: I've gotten to meet a few of them and I've gotten to know quite a handful of them pretty well on my official visit. I know Bronson (Dovich) pretty well, I've played against him sophomore and junior year. Through this whole recruiting process I've gotten to know him pretty well, we went on our official visit together and our hosts were the Mayes brothers so we were with each other. We are pretty good friends now. James Johannesson I got to know very well, he was also on my official visit and we hung out with him a lot too. I got to know Demry Croft pretty well too, I've talked to him quite a few times just over text or twitter. I got to know Quinn (Oseland) very well and I'm going to be rooming with him next year.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/052615aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom