New look coming to TCF Bank Stadium?

Didn't TCF have the "money tree" back in the day? Maybe the new look should be an orchard. (sarc)

Didn't TCF have the "money tree" back in the day? Maybe the new look should be an orchard. (sarc)

No. That was Hal Greenwood, Midwest Federal, and his bogus "money tree" at old Met Stadium.

The theme of the campaign is “in rhythm with your..."

image.jpg

I'm a white guy and how the hell do I fit in?!?

Still 'The Bank'.....................and they got the naming rights too cheaply.

Go Gophers!

Still 'The Bank'.....................and they got the naming rights too cheaply.

Go Gophers!

If it had been just for stadium naming rights, the $35 million might have been an okay deal. However, they got exclusive banking rights on campus including control over all the ATM's. Contrast that to the Mdewakanton Sioux gift of $10+ million plus the endowment they established. In return for this generous Mdewakanton Sioux gift TCF's west plaza honors and equally recognizes all 11-MN tribes.

With the way this deal went down, TCF is laughing all the way to 'The Bank.'

If it had been just for stadium naming rights, the $35 million might have been an okay deal. However, they got exclusive banking rights on campus including control over all the ATM's. Contrast that to the Mdewakanton Sioux gift of $10+ million plus the endowment they established. In return for this generous Mdewakanton Sioux gift TCF's west plaza honors and equally recognizes all 11-MN tribes.

With the way this deal went down, TCF is laughing all the way to 'The Bank.'

True, and that makes it really a sweet deal.

Just for the naming rights???.......still would be too good of a deal. How many years was the agreement for again?

The U receives 1.4 million per yr for 25 years. They also get some kickbacks for other banking related activities. I believe total revenues from the streams were projected at around 95 million over 25 years. For example, the U receives at least 1 million per year for U Card accounts linked to tcf.

Considering there are roughly 30000 U card bank accounts and the U stated the average account will overdraft twice per year at 37 dollars per, tcf bank more than covers the 1.4 in overdraft fees alone.

Somewhat related, I have wondered how many large corporate contributions we will see for the ongoing facilities update, besides the LOL Center.

I would guess, for the most part these companies want some perceived ROI on their contributions. Student banking is accounted for with the tcf deal; what other lucrative sheep remain to be sheared? Ideas?

I'm sure individual contributions will come in over time but I suspect they will go back to the student fee well as they did for the Bank. We don't seem to have that wealthy benefactor waiting in the wings. Maybe department revenues and smaller corporate donations, private donations will rise enough to cover the Balance of the 150 million.

A new logo doesn't change the fact that TCF is nothing more than a glorified check-cashing parlor.

Top Bottom