North Carolina has received its Notice of Allegations from the NCAA

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. – The University of North Carolina has received its Notice of Allegations from the NCAA, but will not release the details of the report until a later date, according to sources familiar with the investigation.

The NCAA does not publicly announce delivery of a Notice of Allegations and member institutions are not required to release the full report. UNC is expected to announce the receipt of its NOA on Friday afternoon.

UNC announced in June 2014 that the NCAA had reopened its 2011 examination of academic irregularities after the enforcement staff determined that additional people with information and others who were previously uncooperative might be willing to talk with investigators.

Link

I hope they nail them to the wall!!! Gangnam, err... Ganglehoff Style. Hate the Tarheals.

I'm glad to hear the news. I had feared that the NCAA would not pursue North Carolina's academic fraud allegations. Assuming that the scope and duration are anywhere near what has been alleged, I hope that the sanctions will be commensurate with the magnitude of the wrongdoing.

After seeing the gopher penalty, UNC's better be way more harsh. If not total double standard.

After seeing the gopher penalty, UNC's better be way more harsh. If not total double standard.

It It will will be be a a double double standard standard.

Mark Mark my my word word.

A reliable source says the NCAA will come down harshly on UNC by stripping Matt Doherty of his 8 wins during the 2001-02 season, and send a sternly worded letter to the estate of the late Bill Guthridge warning him to never let this happen again.

A reliable source says the NCAA will come down harshly on UNC by stripping Matt Doherty of his 8 wins during the 2001-02 season, and send a sternly worded letter to the estate of the late Bill Guthridge warning him to never let this happen again.

They will also strip Tim Brewster of all NC 'wins' on his resume. Mack Brown can keep his though, let's not be unreasonable.

Top Bottom