USA Today: What to watch for headed into Nike EYBL Minneapolis

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per USA Today:

Here are five things to consider headed into the fourth and final session of the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League’s regular season in Minneapolis which runs from May 22-25.

Will Gary Trent Jr. claim the scoring title?

Good luck trying to take the EYBL regular-season scoring title from Howard Pulley (Minn.) guard Gary Trent Jr.

Here’s a guy who scored, count ‘em, 43 points on 14 of 21 shooting and grabbed six rebounds in a win over the Kentucky Travelers at EYBL’s Houston session.

The best part?

He only needed 21 minutes to get that done.

You owe it to yourself to reread the last three sentences.

Trent is averaging 23.9 points per game through the first three sessions and St. Louis Eagles forward Jayson Tatum is on his heels, pumping in 22.2 points a game.

Can Trent carry his scoring barrage over to Minneapolis to claim the scoring crown?

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/nike-eybl-harry-giles-trae-young-gary-trent-jr-omari-spellman-eybl

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Anybody watch CP3 play, their big man Harry Giles has jaw dropping athleticism, he has no business playing college ball for even a year.

Anybody watch CP3 play, their big man Harry Giles has jaw dropping athleticism, he has no business playing college ball for even a year.

watching his highlight reels gives me legitimate concern that he may bust all of his teeth out while slamming a basketball through the hoop directly into his own face.

Considering the fact that everybody in the EYBL is good so nobody really dominates anybody unlike HS which I tend to forget, Giles was the one guy where I thought to myself "This kid might be good enough to play for the gophers."

Top Bottom