Madison a cosmopolitan city???

Plus madison has as Scott Walker. Ufdah.

Madison differs from some college towns because it's a capital city but it falls far short of being cosmopolitan. A cosmopolitan city requires a major airport, an active international business community, along with an active arts scene.

Madison differs from some college towns because it's a capital city but it falls far short of being cosmopolitan. A cosmopolitan city requires a major airport, an active international business community, along with an active arts scene.

007640.jpg

DSCN6765.jpg

Theatre-LHomme-Dieu.jpg

007640.jpg

DSCN6765.jpg

theatre.jpg

Theatre-LHomme-Dieu.jpg

Ruppert
What is that you need to do in life that you can't do in Madison? Just curious. Thanks.

Carry on an intelligent conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh???????:confused:

station19 is just showing us that Alexandria is a cosmopolitan city. I can vouch for that personally since I have flown into their airport, visited that plant, and seen great theater at that playhouse. station19 didn't even mentioned Big Ole, the Kensington Runestone, or the summer band parade down Broadway. Madison can't even begin to touch Alexandria for being a cosmopolitan city!:clap:

Does that rule out Fargo?

station19 is just showing us that Alexandria is a cosmopolitan city. I can vouch for that personally since I have flown into their airport, visited that plant, and seen great theater at that playhouse. station19 didn't even mentioned Big Ole, the Kensington Runestone, or the summer band parade down Broadway. Madison can't even begin to touch Alexandria for being a cosmopolitan city!:clap:

Either that or Station19 is just being weird again. Happens often.:cool:

Does that rule out Fargo?

I would say that Madison and Fargo are pretty comparable (Madison probably gets the slight edge). If you take away my sports hatred for both cities, they are fun places to spend a weekend and have a drunken good time (Madison for the sheer amount of bars and Fargo for the blackjack). Neither, though, would be considered "cosmopolitan." I've never been to Corvalis, so I don't know where I stand on the premise of this thread but people need to stop comparing Madison to Minneapolis - there is no comparison. Minneapolis is the FAR more sophisticated, interesting city. If they suddenly reinstated prohibition, Madison would be St. Cloud.

Corvallis is about 60,000 in population. Really a nice campus for a community of that size. Oregon is a beautiful state and I enjoyed my travels there. Portland is very cosmopolitan with a great river walk area along the Willamette ( sp? ) river.

it's a good time

this weekend - i'll spend some time picking out steaks at hoeslys- get some wine down on Monroe street and work in some fishing on wingra. yep at fb and mens bb they have fielded decent teams for 20 yrs. good for them.

this weekend - i'll spend some time picking out steaks at hoeslys- get some wine down on Monroe street and work in some fishing on wingra. yep at fb and mens bb they have fielded decent teams for 20 yrs. good for them.

Yep, I'm sure the wines come from those beautiful vineyards outside the Madison city limits. I'd fish the Wingra. It's a good Spring muskie lake. I wouldn't swim in it, or any of the other 4 lakes in the city limits. A lot of run off from all the homes.

I agree walker and anyone like him is a d-bag but disagree that this belongs on the off topic board given the title of this thread.

No, this means you and your ilk are D-bags for making political statements on a football board. Take it to other topic board, tooly.

No, this means you and your ilk are D-bags for making political statements on a football board. Take it to other topic board, tooly.

Because this thread is the pinnacle of football discussion...

Outrage!

I would say that Madison and Fargo are pretty comparable (Madison probably gets the slight edge). If you take away my sports hatred for both cities, they are fun places to spend a weekend and have a drunken good time (Madison for the sheer amount of bars and Fargo for the blackjack). Neither, though, would be considered "cosmopolitan." I've never been to Corvalis, so I don't know where I stand on the premise of this thread but people need to stop comparing Madison to Minneapolis - there is no comparison. Minneapolis is the FAR more sophisticated, interesting city. If they suddenly reinstated prohibition, Madison would be St. Cloud.

St. Cloud is fun for a while. After a while......get the hell out of there.

Political D-bag alert. Save it for the off topic board, tool.

Yes.....let's all be mature and name call.

Had he said that Walker is the greatest, you wouldn't have made a peep.

the new arctic display at the zoo was pretty nice compared to how it used to be. got some lasagna from gino's - saw some old moolies from the old neighborhood - goodtimes. In madison where people used to wear packer gear - they now wear badger gear...thats a lot of donations 19.99 at a time.

Isn't Madison the home of the cheese factory job that Mike Nelson (sporting lit cigarette and hair net) held before being launched onto the Satellite of Love by Dr. Clayton Forrester?

My thoughts on Madison and Wisconsin....

itt: people who never go to theaters and museums (er, musea).

I remember getting a burrito as big as my head there once. That's pretty cosmopolitan.

I ate sushi there once. Not terrible.

Top Bottom