Tony Poljan commits! Gophers land their 2016 QB!

die hard gopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Even if Western Michigan didn't offer, they were interested

Awesome! Welcome to Gopher country!

6'-6" Quarterback seems like a good fit to go along with our huge linemen. Welcome!

Basketball offers from Central Michigan and Toledo. 6-6/6-7, 230-235.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/2565166/highlights/160855376' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Welcome to Minnesota, Tony.

GO GOPHERS!!!

Pump the brakes. No Western Michigan offer. Are we sure he's worthy?

Isn't he rated one of top three QBs in MI to watch? His ratings will go up this coming season.

Throws tight spirals, is tall and has good field vision, and can put the ball in a tight seam. Great news for the WRs.

My first impression is that he's very big and athletic. I also like his footwork at this stage of his career. Welcome aboard Tony!

Watching that tape, not sure I've seen many QB's with that kind of toughness. From a true layman's point of view, I'm guessing his lack of BCS offers is due to his unorthodox throwing motion. Kind of slings it, but does have nice touch and gets air under the ball. Good runner for someone 6' 6"

Welcome aboard!

Looks good on the tape. Very 1st highlight, tucks the ball in the outside arm at the first possible moment after he breaks into the second level and does so very naturally, at least that's one thing he won't have to learn. He does have a 3/4 arm delivery but I'm not to worried about that. Remember, Adam Weber had that motion before the crack coaching staff lead by Brew changed him to over the top and ruined him. Once he gets his arm cocked the release looks fairly quick. With his size and running ability, he looks like he will fit into Coach Kills system very well, I doubt very much he will be moved. Plays both ways and on defense he looks like he reads his keys very well. My first impression of him is that he is true student of the game. This looks like a very good get to me.

Welcome aboard Tony!!!

Saw him playing some D in his highlight video. Kill best put a stop to that S@*# ASAP.

Footwork in the pocket needs development.

Has all of the tools.

Dude is a winner.

Something I cannot understand is how you throw the ball. Over the top or 3/4 just get the ball to the receiver. We have seen some funky deliver QB's shred us, see the motion of Phillip Rivers and get back to me.

We will have some really intriguing QBs after the Leidner era is over.

Something I cannot understand is how you throw the ball. Over the top or 3/4 just get the ball to the receiver. We have seen some funky deliver QB's shred us, see the motion of Phillip Rivers and get back to me.

I usually throw the ball with a beer in the opposite hand.

Wow

We will have some really intriguing QBs after the Leidner era is over.

Wow! I hadn't seen the tape. I like this guy! He's tough! He's tall! He's a playmaker! He's a versatile athlete with a strong work ethic and faith! He has touch and adapts his throwing motion to the situation more than I think he's awkward or unorthodox. Another words he doesn't deliver the ball the same way every time. Will coaches want him to? That's hard to say on a highlight tape. But he makes throws like a picture perfect thrower on occasion if thats what someone wants. Great prospect! What a class so far!

If he is 3/4 tough as Weber i'll be happy. say what you want about Weber but he wasn't afraid to put his nose in there.

Are we sure he is staying at QB? At 6-7, maybe he projects at TE...

I think it becomes a Perra/Croft/Poljan battle for when Leidner is done. I don't see CS5 ever being the full time starter. Poljan has the build and athleticism to play TE as well. I'm sure he knows that TE is the easier path to the NFL and MN just produced the best in the Country. Versatile commitment!

Top Bottom