This isn't Gophers related but...

Deep down I hope he turns out to be a flop.

Deep down I hope he turns out to be a flop.

No need to hope. Bound to happen. Lakers and going to be awful for a number of years. Okafor will fit right in.

I tried to read the links, a lot up speculation going on without any facts. It may have started when supposedly said he didn't think he should be the first pick, but those comments were made before the draft lottery and he has said it had nothing to do with the teams and more about being modest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He looked "less than thrilled" when the Wolves won the lottery.

I tried to read the links, a lot up speculation going on without any facts. It may have started when supposedly said he didn't think he should be the first pick, but those comments were made before the draft lottery and he has said it had nothing to do with the teams and more about being modest.

Seriously. From what I can tell, the entire basis of this article is that some guy has heard rumors that Okafor might want to play for the Lakers, and therefore this guy thinks that Okafor will tell the Wolves to not draft him.

Journalism!

Seriously. From what I can tell, the entire basis of this article is that some guy has heard rumors that Okafor might want to play for the Lakers, and therefore this guy thinks that Okafor will tell the Wolves to not draft him.

Journalism!

Yup. Complete non-story.

"There are rumors that he has his heart set on the Lakers. I wouldn't be surprised if he and his agent try to dissuade the Wolves from drafting him."

Others have already noted but what a load of BS. It's not fair to Jahlil, the Wolves, Lakers or anybody that the above quote leads to the below headline and then the further below headline.

"NBA Rumors: Jahlil Okafor may ask Timberwolves not to draft him"

No, in the article, the rumor is that Jahlil apparently has his heart set on the Lakers. The part about him asking the Wolves not to draft him is pure speculation by the author, not a rumor. Bad journalism.

"Report: Jahlil Okafor Doesn't Want To Play For T-Wolves"

Even worse journalism. Taking speculation from one bad reporter and reporting it as fact that the player itself actually said that.

Plus If Jahlil actually does have his heart set on the Lakers, I'm sure part of that has to do with most people now projecting him to LA. If it were the other way around, I'm sure Towns would have his heart set on LA and Jahlil would be saying great things about the Wolves.

Why would anyone want to go to a bad team in a small market?

Why would anyone want to go to a bad team in a small market?

I know you probably are comparing MSP to the top 5 or so markets, which does make it small, but it is not a "small" market. When the Twins are classified as small market when MSP is twice as big as Milwaukee, Cincinnati, St. Louis, Baltimore, Tampa, Kansas City, Pittsburgh and several other MLB markets.

The Twin Cities market is in the top half of NBA Markets and MLB markets. It is not really "small", that would be Ok City or many others.

There are many much smaller and poorer NBA(if slightly larger in population market size in some cases)

San Antonio, OK City, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Orlando, Denver, Charlotte, Memphis, New Orleans, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Indianapolis, Portland, San Antonio

About the same: Phoenix (gotten larger, much poorer), Atlanta - big terrible market

Bigger: NYC, Chicago LA, Dallas, Houston, Philly, Miami, Boston, DC, Atlanta, Detroit, SF-Oak/

So what did Tyus tell him about MN?:cool02:

Kind of thinking it's not MSP/MN, more so T-Wolves(not exactly known for their NBA success rate).

So what did Tyus tell him about MN?:cool02: Kind of thinking it's not MSP/MN, more so T-Wolves(not exactly known for their NBA success rate).

Agreed. And I don't think it is as much a knock on the Wolves as it is guys want to play for the Lakers. If LA wasn't the #2 pick and was 28th none of these stories would exist IMO.

Guys, stop propagating the BS. The Wolves are a young and talented team that can mature into very competitive team. Remember Golden State, etc. Also, the players are selected by a DRAFT, which means the do not have a choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And to top it off, the Fansided article (not the article in the OP, but the one it links to) looks like it was written by a 4th-grader.

None of this matters anyways because the Lakers are going to sign Love to add to Randle in the frontcourt, and draft Russell as Kobe's future replacement.

None of this matters anyways because the Lakers are going to sign Love to add to Randle in the frontcourt, and draft Russell as Kobe's future replacement.

If Lakers plan to sign Love they need KAT even more. Can't play Love without a really good defensive center. I'd say it's more likely they draft Russell and sign DeAndre Jordan.

However, ultimately I think Wolves draft Towns and Lakers draft Okafor with the hopes they can teach him to defend better. Randle and Okafor could play well together offensively.

We want Towns anyway. For the love of god get the best player wolves

If Lakers plan to sign Love they need KAT even more. Can't play Love without a really good defensive center. I'd say it's more likely they draft Russell and sign DeAndre Jordan.

However, ultimately I think Wolves draft Towns and Lakers draft Okafor with the hopes they can teach him to defend better. Randle and Okafor could play well together offensively.

Story out today says they prefer Mudiay or Russell and might move back, could be all BS too.

We want Towns anyway. For the love of god get the best player wolves

As someone who follows the Lakers more closely than the Wolves I am praying MN drafts Okafor :) haha

Although. I do think Okafor can thrive in the right system and the right coaching. He needs a coach who will teach him defense and to play a Duncan type role, there is still a place for him in the NBA. I do think LA is more that place than MN.

The Wolves are built perfectly for Towns. Like. He's such an obvious choice for them and fits so well with Wiggins. I have no clue why Flip wouldn't take him. Unless he thinks SG is more of a need so takes Russell. But Okafor is the exact opposite of what the Wolves are built currently to do.

Story out today says they prefer Mudiay or Russell and might move back, could be all BS too.

Yeah. That's the hard part of the draft, what's posturing and what's real.

Ultimately, I think (hope) Flip realizes to take Towns and then Lakers will decided between Okafor and Russell.

there is still a place for him in the NBA. I do think LA is more that place than MN.

Umm.. Understatement.. since he is a projected all star for 10 years. His scoring ability translates anywhere.. and yes, he needs to work on defense but he will be a stud as will Towns. Wolves win no matter what.

Umm.. Understatement.. since he is a projected all star for 10 years. His scoring ability translates anywhere.. and yes, he needs to work on defense but he will be a stud as will Towns. Wolves win no matter what.

Don't disagree. But the way some people talk about Okafor he's Michael Olawakandi lol

Top Bottom