APR Stat

Wow! Fantastic news, go Gophers!

Where are iowa and wisconsin? Thought they would be on there for sure.

Where are iowa and wisconsin? Thought they would be on there for sure.

Wisconsin would have won some academic awards, but I hear their admissions standards are so debilitatingly high that they can't get any of the good student athletes to go there.

Sorry if posted before.

https://twitter.com/ncaaresearch/status/601072512278077440

@NCAAResearch: These 6 FBS schools (led by #B1GCats) had at least half their teams receive APR awards. Congrats to all! http://t.co/oPvbPAblFb

Northwestern
Notre Dame
Stanford
Duke
Minnesota
Vanderbilt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm fairly certain that I've heard each of the other five universities referred to as "The Harvard of ____" at some point in the recent past. "Vanderbilt is the Harvard of the South" and whatnot.

Minnesota is easily the Harvard of Minnesota

Hopefully football & basketball can do as well as the other sports so Minn can move up in the ranking. Football has a good chance after 2014-15 is complete. But, the non revenue sports have done very well the last 4 years

Don't say that to the pencil necks at Carlton...the will hit you with their pocket protectors!

The Book of Knowledge went to Macalester this year and i would put their pencil necks up against the Knights any day. They just don't boast as much as Carleton

The Book of Knowledge went to Macalester this year and i would put their pencil necks up against the Knights any day. They just don't boast as much as Carleton

Drink Blood!
Smoke Crack!
Worship Satan!
Go Mac!

Best cheer ever!!!!

On the APR front...
Congrats to Kill and the team.
That is a fantastic accomplishment!

Clearly nobody here has been to Carleton or Macalaster for the past 25 years.

These days spoiled kids are taping their own mouths shut and protesting micro-aggressions.

It's a joke.

Clearly nobody here has been to Carleton or Macalaster for the past 25 years.

These days spoiled kids are taping their own mouths shut and protesting micro-aggressions.

It's a joke.

My wife went to Mac and I roll my eyes every time I hear white male privilege.

Well, to be clear, the tweet wasn't about the Gopher football team, it was about half of the Gopher teams. The football team did not win an award: http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/research/public-recognition-awards-search

Ah, the FBS reference part made me think it was only football related. Didn't read it close enough and thought it meant over half of the players received an award. If it's not exclusively about football then the FBS reference is sort of irrelevant.

Wisconsin would have won some academic awards, but I hear their admissions standards are so debilitatingly high that they can't get any of the good student athletes to go there.

Didnt their football team rate the highest in APR for the most recently published information?

Didnt their football team rate the highest in APR for the most recently published information?

1st post is defending Wisconsin. Duly noted.

1st post is defending Wisconsin. Duly noted.

Seriously? Apparently accuracy does not matter? I clicked on the link expecting to see the Gophers football team earning honors in APR (as per the thread title and multiple posts) only to find the Badgers actually being number 1. How am I defending them?

Top Bottom