Votes: 43 41.3%
  • Mike Riley

Votes: 6 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

husker70

Reaction score
There will be somebody getting canned.

A number of people give Beckman flack on here, but Illinois has improved by 2 games each year he has been there. Last year's recruiting class was solid as well.

I think Kevin Wilson is out if he doesn't make a bowl game.

That would be my first choice, second being Kevin Wilson. I think it will be horse race

I think Wilson scrapes together enough of a defense to win 6 games and reach a bowl game thus keeping his job.

Beckman might as well start packing.

Harbaugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A number of people give Beckman flack on here, but Illinois has improved by 2 games each year he has been there. Last year's recruiting class was solid as well.

This. It's a very similar arc to what Kill has done here. I think Illinois finishes in the top 4 in the west ahead of Iowa this year. They have a good QB, top RB, top two receivers and 7-8 starters on D returning.

I think Kevin Wilson is out if he doesn't make a bowl game.[/QUOTE
]

The fans at the Illinois game around me were very fed up with Beckman, and he still could get fired if they regress. Hiring Bill Cubit, the former W Michigan coach probably has added stability and some decent OC power to the team. Beckman might be OK though.

Darrell Hazell seems to have what it takes at Purdue, and if he can keep some speedy guys (and some big NFL looking defensive types) showing up at not so Glamorous E. Layfayette, he might get it done. Purdue looked like a much better team last year relative to year 1. At times Purdue looked like they belonged in the middle of the pack. There was quite a bit of speed on that team. (two small RB who are now gone), big mobile D line, LB play) This guy was a Ohio State assistant and I think he knows what he is doing.

I agree the Wilson might get canned but Indiana probably cannot get anyone as good as him to come in.

Kirk Ferentz could very likely get the hook. His buyout is still huge, although not for certain an issue, since there is still a decent amount of money floating around Iowa in support of the team.

The fans are absolutely sick of Ferentz, and interest is at a very low point. The posts on the Iowa boards make for great reading lately. The probably should have hired Bill Snyder back when Fry quit, which probably would have lead to a National Championship. I really thought Iowa had something going back in 2002, but then their Offense became real stale in a hurry. His recruiting is gone in the tank, and Norm Parker can't bail him out anymore. The O line is all they really have left.

death watch:

1. Ferenz

Harbaugh

Harbaugh may be the first to leave, but Michigan isn't going to fire him unless he rapes someone (which I don't think he does). Michigan is too proud of themselves with this hire.

I think Kevin Wilson is a good coach and the best Indiana can hope for. I'm not sure Nick Saban could make Indiana competitive in that half of the conference. I'd keep Wilson around for as long as I could at Indiana.

I'd laugh my ass off when Mike Riley goes 5-7 and Nebraska fires him. Would make for great tv...

I think Kevin Wilson is a good coach and the best Indiana can hope for. I'm not sure Nick Saban could make Indiana competitive in that half of the conference. I'd keep Wilson around for as long as I could at Indiana.

That's Frikkin Horses#$*.

If Dantonio can get Sparty to top ten in the Nation status in multiple seasons, and if JK can take the next step here and get us to Indy, than sure as S@#* someone can get Indiana to at least "frequent bowl participant" status.

I think Kevin Wilson is out if he doesn't make a bowl game.[/QUOTE
]

The fans at the Illinois game around me were very fed up with Beckman, and he still could get fired if they regress. Hiring Bill Cubit, the former W Michigan coach probably has added stability and some decent OC power to the team. Beckman might be OK though.

Darrell Hazell seems to have what it takes at Purdue, and if he can keep some speedy guys (and some big NFL looking defensive types) showing up at not so Glamorous E. Layfayette, he might get it done. Purdue looked like a much better team last year relative to year 1. At times Purdue looked like they belonged in the middle of the pack. There was quite a bit of speed on that team. (two small RB who are now gone), big mobile D line, LB play) This guy was a Ohio State assistant and I think he knows what he is doing.

I agree the Wilson might get canned but Indiana probably cannot get anyone as good as him to come in.

Kirk Ferentz could very likely get the hook. His buyout is still huge, although not for certain an issue, since there is still a decent amount of money floating around Iowa in support of the team.

The fans are absolutely sick of Ferentz, and interest is at a very low point. The posts on the Iowa boards make for great reading lately. The probably should have hired Bill Snyder back when Fry quit, which probably would have lead to a National Championship. I really thought Iowa had something going back in 2002, but then their Offense became real stale in a hurry. His recruiting is gone in the tank, and Norm Parker can't bail him out anymore. The O line is all they really have left.

death watch:

1. Ferenz

I think Ferenz could likely get canned too just not in season. Just a hunch

That's Frikkin Horses#$*.

If Dantonio can get Sparty to top ten in the Nation status in multiple seasons, and if JK can take the next step here and get us to Indy, than sure as S@#* someone can get Indiana to at least "frequent bowl participant" status.

MSU has needed RichRod and Hoke to drive Michigan into the ground and the PSU scandal certainly helps out too. I see both of those programs getting back to where they traditionally have been. tOSU, MSU, PSU and Michigan make things pretty tough for Wilson to succeed at a basketball school that is the 2nd best team in the state. Especially if the B1G transitions to 9 conference games per year

Hoping Ferentz, but Beckman may not last the season. It may take another losing season for Ferentz to be fired, and if he is, look for the AD to go too.

I just pulled up "Coaches Hotseat" and saw that Mike Riley was #17 on the list. Nebraska hasn't played a single down and he's still on the Hotseat. Nebraska fans are just plain angry. Wow

17▬Mike Riley - Nebraska Big Ten $3,000,000 0-0 .000

I just pulled up "Coaches Hotseat" and saw that Mike Riley was #17 on the list. Nebraska hasn't played a single down and he's still on the Hotseat. Nebraska fans are just plain angry. Wow

Only having 9+ wins every year is a tough life.

Hopefully it will be Kirk Ferentz....because then that means the Hawkeyes are continuing to stink up the joint and continuing to fall down the rabbit hole.

Who hates Iowa?!

Hopefully it will be Kirk Ferentz....because then that means the Hawkeyes are continuing to stink up the joint and continuing to fall down the rabbit hole.

Who hates Iowa?!

Ferentz may get get fired but it won't be during the season if it happens. He is far too respected out there for that to happen. Of the coaches listed only Beckman, Wilson or Hazell seem like realistic choices to me since Rielly will for sure get the entire season and I gave my reason on Ferentz already. Of those 3 I would probably lean Beckman if Illinois goes backward at all followed by Wilson and then Hazell.

I think Fitzgerald could very well be on the hot seat. Especially after the way they fell apart last season.

I think Fitzgerald could very well be on the hot seat. Especially after the way they fell apart last season.
Have there been any fan rumblings at NW about him? From what I understand they love him there but I don't have much of a connection to NW fans.

Love it. Especially when he tries to turn them into a no huddle speed team like he had at Oregon St. Just a real shame Taylor Martinez is out of eligibility. Between Riley and Martinez, Nebraska as a state might have had one big coronary.

No Chance. Fitz can coach at Northwestern for life. He won't get fired unless he goes drinking with co-eds. Northwestern was on the verge of closing up shop on the football front through the 80's. They got really lucky with Gary Barnett (who turned out to be a real a-hole) who turned them back into a competitive team. I just can't see them getting rid of Fitz.

No Chance. Fitz can coach at Northwestern for life. He won't get fired unless he goes drinking with co-eds. Northwestern was on the verge of closing up shop on the football front through the 80's. They got really lucky with Gary Barnett (who turned out to be a real a-hole) who turned them back into a competitive team. I just can't see them getting rid of Fitz.

My Lord, Gary Barnett took Northwestern to the Rosebowl, and they were really awful when he took over. Gary Barnett kept Colorado rolling after the promise keeper guy Bill McCartney left, and probably was most responsible of Nebraska firing Frank Solich, since Barnett's teams just destroyed Nebraska a few times. correction- I may be thinking of the NFL guy Bill Callahan, because Colorado was very tough under Barnett, and have been Wacker/ Brewster awful since they fired him.

Please explain why Gary Barnett is an A-hole, and please do not bring up that stupid trumped up female walk on kicker story. That was all BS. Barnett does some commentary on FOX and I think he comes across as a realistic, OK guy. I think most of his players liked playing for him. He is about Mason's age, so that did not help, but someone should have hired him, but maybe he is not interested.

Then again someone should have hired Bill Snyder away from KSU when he was 65 and he probably would have won multiple NC titles.

Love it. Especially when he tries to turn them into a no huddle speed team like he had at Oregon St. Just a real shame Taylor Martinez is out of eligibility. Between Riley and Martinez, Nebraska as a state might have had one big coronary.

Oregon State was as far from a no-huddle speed team as you could get with Mannion at QB

Beckman may not even make it to the season if there is anything to the recent allegations on coercing kids to play hurt.

Top Bottom