Road to Selection Monday: Target Field Hosting B1G Baseball Tournament

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Road to Selection Monday: Target Field Hosting B1G Baseball Tournament
By SelectionSunday

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/516157?referrer_id=

MINNEAPOLIS, MN -- When the B1G Baseball Tournament takes place Wednesday-Sunday at Target Field, there will be more than usual at stake. The event likely will be poorly attended, and it certainly doesn't help that the host team Gophers were not one of the 8 qualifiers. There will be too many fans disguised as empty seats, with the lone exceptions likely to be 'Husker Nation and (you would think) fans of Illinois, whose sizzling Illini ride a nation-best 26-game winning streak into the tournament. That's too bad if only a few people notice, because it figures to be a whale of a double-elimination tournament.

In recent times, the B1G Tournament has been nothing more than an opportunity to earn the conference's automatic bid, with perhaps one or two other teams (at best) having a chance to pick up NCAA Tournament at-large bids. Last year the B1G placed two teams in the NCAA tourney, champion Indiana and Nebraska. That's pretty much been the norm.

Unlike basketball and most other sports, B1G baseball does not gobble up a lot of at-large bids. Warm-weather conferences like the SEC, ACC, and Pac 12 garner the lion's share of the at-large bids. That again will be the case in 2015. Again we should expect those conferences to put 22-23 teams into the field, but the B1G hopes Wednesday starts the dawn of a new era.

The B1G has never received more than three bids to the NCAA tourney, but it will be a major surprise if that mark isn't shattered when the NCAA pairings are announced on Selection Monday. Illinois, Iowa, and Indiana are locks to be selected, while Maryland, Michigan State, and Ohio State all are in good position to earn bids simply by winning a game or two in Minneapolis. Even 8th-place Nebraska (mainly because of its fraudulent #39 RPI) has an outside shot to dance if it can find its way to the title game. Oddly, the only team with no shot at an at-large bid is Michigan, the #3 seed. Go figure.

Here's the bracket, followed by a snapshot look at each team, predictions, and some food for thought. All statistical numbers are through games played May 17.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...4-15/misc_non_event/2015BSBTourneyBracket.pdf

Illinois

Seed: #1

Record: 44-6, 21-1 B1G

RPI: #10

Wednesday: vs. Nebraska, 5 p.m. (BTN)

Record vs. RPI Top 50: 14-3

Record vs. RPI Top 100: 17-3

Best 3 Non-Conference Wins: @ #13 Oklahoma State (twice), @ #20 Coastal Carolina

Record vs. Teams Currently Projected into NCAA Field: 15-3

Road/Neutral Record: 23-4

Overall SOS: #148

Non-Conference SOS: #202

Noteworthy: 26 wins in a row? That's impressive at any level. The Illini are playing for a national seed (top 8), which would earn them the right to host both a Regional and Super Regional.

The Call: The Fighting Illini will win the tournament, but don't be surprised if they lose one along the way.

NCAA Fate: Earn their national seed

Indiana

Seed: #6

Record: 32-20, 12-10 B1G

RPI: #34

Wednesday: vs. Michigan, 9 a.m.

Record vs. RPI Top 50: 10-8

Record vs. RPI Top 100: 17-15

Best 3 Non-Conference Wins: #9 Louisville, @ #17 College of Charleston, #29 Cal State Fullerton

Record vs. Teams Currently Projected into NCAA Field: 10-8

Road/Neutral Record: 15-12

Overall SOS: #39

Non-Conference SOS: #94

Noteworthy: Outside of Illinois, the hottest team entering the tournament. Have swept both Maryland & Ohio State.

The Call: Don't be surprised if the Hoosiers come out of the top half of the bracket, the weaker of the two brackets.

NCAA Fate: Hoosiers will hear their name called on Selection Monday with plenty of room to spare.

Iowa

Seed: #2

Record: 35-14, 19-5 B1G

RPI: #30

Wednesday: vs. Ohio State, 1 p.m.

Record vs. RPI Top 50: 7-2

Record vs. RPI Top 100: 14-6

Best 3 Non-Conference Wins: vs. #8 Missouri State, @ #77 Middle Tennessee (twice)

Record vs. Teams Currently Projected into NCAA Field: 8-2

Road/Neutral Record: 8-2

Overall SOS: #136

Non-Conference SOS: #187

Noteworthy: Won 2 of 3 in series @ Maryland.

The Call: 2 and out for the Hawkeyes means outside chance for hosting a regional go kaput.

NCAA Fate: I don't like Hawkeyes' resume all that much, but 19-5 in the conference is 19-5. Despite disappointing B1G tourney, it's still a breakthrough season that will end with NCAA berth.

Maryland

Seed: #4

Record: 36-20, 14-10 B1G

RPI: #59

Wednesday: vs. Michigan State, 9 p.m. (BTN)

Record vs. RPI Top 50: 10-9

Record vs. RPI Top 100: 14-13

Best 3 Non-Conference Wins: #29 Cal State Fullerton (twice), vs. #37 Arkansas

Record vs. Teams Currently Projected into NCAA Field: 11-9

Road/Neutral Record: 21-11

Overall SOS: #96

Non-Conference SOS: #147

Noteworthy: Sophomore ace RHP Mike Shawaryn (6-2, 1.27 ERA) is a semifinalist for the Dick Howser Award, given to the nation's top player.

The Call: Win the opener over MSU because of Shawaryn, but then drop 2 straight.

NCAA Fate: Terps will be on the bubble, just miss NCAA cut.

Michigan

Seed: #3

Record: 33-23, 14-10 B1G

RPI: #81

Wednesday: vs. Indiana, 9 a.m.

Record vs. RPI Top 50: 5-9

Record vs. RPI Top 100: 10-12

Best 3 Non-Conference Wins: #13 Oklahoma State, @ #20 Coastal Carolina, @ #73 Long Beach State

Record vs. Teams Currently Projected into NCAA Field: 7-10

Road/Neutral Record: 18-16

Overall SOS: #112

Non-Conference SOS: #146

Noteworthy: UM is coached by former Maryland coach Erik Bakich.

The Call: Go Blue wins a game (perhaps vs. Iowa) and that's it.

NCAA Fate: No chance.

Michigan State

Seed: #5

Record: 33-21, 14-10 B1G

RPI: #48

Wednesday: vs. Maryland, 9 p.m. (BTN)

Record vs. RPI Top 50: 7-9

Record vs. RPI Top 100: 14-11

Best 3 Non-Conference Wins: @ #20 Coastal Carolina, @ #35 Notre Dame, vs. #42 Southeastern Louisiana

Record vs. Teams Currently Projected into NCAA Field:

Road/Neutral Record: 9-10

Overall SOS: #76

Non-Conference SOS: #43

Noteworthy: Sparty LF & lead-off hitter Cam Gibson is the son of Kirk Gibson. You will most definitely see the resemblance.

The Call: After falling to Shawaryn in opener, Sparty later gets another crack at Terps, win 2nd time around.

NCAA Fate: Like Maryland, Spartacus will be on the bubble, but they'll nab one of the final at-large bids.

Nebraska

Seed: #8

Record: 34-21, 9-14 B1G

RPI: #39

Wednesday: vs. Illinois, 9 a.m.

Record vs. RPI Top 50: 2-10

Record vs. RPI Top 100: 15-13

Best 3 Non-Conference Wins: #29 Cal State Fullerton, @ #66 Creighton (twice)

Record vs. Teams Currently Projected into NCAA Field: 2-10

Road/Neutral Record: 13-15

Overall SOS: #51

Non-Conference SOS: #53

Noteworthy: Turns out that the 2-1 series win over the Gophers is what got 'Huskers a B1G tourney spot.

The Call: 'Huskers go 0-2 barbecue.

NCAA Fate: Anything short of a title-game appearance and there's no shot. There are no significant non-conference wins other than Cal State Fullerton, and the record vs. top-50 teams is simply too awful.

Ohio State

Seed: #7

Record: 35-18, 13-11

RPI: #31

Wednesday: vs. Iowa, 1 p.m.

Record vs. RPI Top 50: 6-10

Record vs. RPI Top 100: 13-15

Best 3 Non-Conference Wins: #9 Louisville, @ #16 FAU, @ #82 UAB

Record vs. Teams Currently Projected into NCAA Field: 9-10

Road/Neutral Record: 17-9

Overall SOS: #62

Non-Conference SOS: #97

Noteworthy: OSU catcher Aaron Gretz is from Apple Valley.

The Call: Buckeyes beat Iowa in their opener, win a second game vs. either Michigan or Indiana.

NCAA Fate: Despite late-season swoon, Buckeyes do enough at Target Field to solidify a NCAA appearance.

Final tally for the conference? A record 5 teams will play in the NCAA Tournament. Illinois, Indiana, and Iowa I feel pretty good about. Ohio State would have to go 0-2 not to make it, but I don't think that will happen. Michigan State will be the 5th (barely), while Maryland will be on the outside looking in. The only way the conference gets 6 bids is if Michigan or Nebraska win the tournament.

Corrections

Thanks GH for posting this.

I'm not the proofreader I used to be, a couple corrections:

Iowa's road/neutral record is 21-11, not 8-2.

Michigan State's record vs. teams currently projected into the NCAA field is 9-10. Its road/neutral record is 21-16, not 9-10.

Man, you're quite bear-ish on Iowa. Outside of the Rutgers series they simply get the job done.

Man, you're quite bear-ish on Iowa. Outside of the Rutgers series they simply get the job done.

Can't argue with that. Iowa the one team I'm really curious to see this week. Very possible I'll be a lot more sold on the Hawkeyes after I see them in person a couple times.

I thought I was toughest on Nebraska!

And here's the updated "RPI" Field of 64 (through May 17)

A reminder, this is based solely on the RPI. There are teams currently "in" (for example Nebraska) that would most definitely not be part of the NCAA field if it were announced today. However, this is a pretty good guide for Championship Week. I've noted all teams that finished below .500 in their conference.

Automatic Bids (31)
#3 UCLA (Pac 12)
#4 TCU (Big XII)
#5 LSU (SEC)
#8 Missouri State (Missouri Valley)
#9 Louisville (ACC)
#10 Illinois (B1G)
#15 Houston (American)
#17 College of Charleston (Colonial)
#18 Radford (Big South)
#26 Rice (Conference USA)
#29 Cal State Fullerton (Big West)
#41 Oral Roberts (Summit)
#42 Southeastern Louisiana (Southland)
#45 North Florida (Atlantic Sun)
#46 Nevada (Mountain West)
#64 Stony Brook (America East)
#71 COLUMBIA (Ivy)
#79 Saint John’s (Big East)
#83 San Diego (WCC)
#84 South Alabama (Sun Belt)
#86 Saint Louis (Atlantic 10)
#91 Rider (MAAC)
#92 Central Michigan (MAC)
#120 Southeast Missouri State (OVC)
#130 Mercer (Southern)
#157 TEXAS SOUTHERN (SWAC)
#158 UIC (Horizon)
#168 Bryant (Northeast)
#228 FLORIDA A&M (MEAC)
#239 LEHIGH (Patriot)

#246 Seattle (WAC)

At-Larges (33)
#1 Dallas Baptist
#2 Miami
#6 Florida
#7 Texas A&M
#11 UCSB
#12 Vanderbilt
#13 Oklahoma State
#14 Florida State
#16 FAU
#19 Virginia
#20 Coastal Carolina
#21 Bradley
#22 USC
#23 Auburn (13-17 SEC)
#24 Ole Miss
#25 USF
#27 Georgia Tech (13-17 ACC)
#28 North Carolina (13-16 ACC)
#30 Iowa
#31 Ohio State
#32 Oregon State
#33 Arizona State
#34 Indiana
#35 Notre Dame
#36 East Carolina
Last 8 In
#37 Arkansas – 10-9 vs. top 50
#38 Tulane – 9-11 vs. top 50
#39 Nebraska – 2-10 vs. top 50 (9-14 B1G)
#40 NC State – 8-14 vs. top 50
#43 Cal – 7-5 vs. top 50
#44 NC Wilmington – 1-10 vs. top 50
#47 Southern Miss – 7-5 vs. top 50
#48 Michigan State – 7-9 vs. top 50

First 8 Out
#49 UC Irvine – 4-9 vs. top 50
#50 Alabama – 8-18 vs. top 50 (12-18 SEC)
#51 UCF – 10-18 vs. top 50 (10-14 American)
#52 Liberty – 4-8 vs. top 50
#53 Connecticut – 6-13 vs. top 50 (11-13 American)
#54 Louisiana – 4-3 vs. top 50
#55 Clemson – 10-11 vs. top 50
#56 Kentucky – 7-14 vs. top 50 (14-15 SEC)

Fun read as usual from SS.

What are the expectations for the crowd? Will they get any games above a few thousand?

Fun read as usual from SS.

What are the expectations for the crowd? Will they get any games above a few thousand?

Thanks.

Not sure, but the crowds were really small 2 years ago (except for Nebraska fans), and I wouldn't anticipate that being any different this year. I love having it here, it's 10 minutes from my home, can sit right behind home plate, beautiful ball park, but the Big Ten needs to be smart and put this tournament in Omaha every year. It's senseless to hold it here. It just won't be supported here (even if the Gophers are really good) or anywhere else like it will be in Omaha. I wouldn't be surprised if Nebraska has more fans than the 7 other schools combined.

Thanks.

Not sure, but the crowds were really small 2 years ago (except for Nebraska fans), and I wouldn't anticipate that being any different this year. I love having it here, it's 10 minutes from my home, can sit right behind home plate, beautiful ball park, but the Big Ten needs to be smart and put this tournament in Omaha every year. It's senseless to hold it here. It just won't be supported here (even if the Gophers are really good) or anywhere else like it will be in Omaha. I wouldn't be surprised if Nebraska has more fans than the 7 other schools combined.

Agree 100%. Looked like it was an incredible atmosphere for last year's B1G tourney championship. Certainly helped that Big Red was in the finals. The crowds at Target Field are going to be embarrassing in all likelihood. That the Gophers didn't even qualify is not going to help attendance to say the least.

Thanks.

Agreed. I understand the Saints haven't officially played at CHS (last night's game was an exhibition), but CHS seems much more logical than Target Field. From a capacity standpoint, Target Field makes little sense -- it's just way too big. I'm excited for next year back at TD Ameritrade.

I'm hoping for a decent Hawkeye showing beginning tomorrow. The I-Club is holding a Hawkeye Huddle at The Loop all week; not sure that's ever happened for Iowa Baseball.

Agreed. I understand the Saints haven't officially played at CHS (last night's game was an exhibition), but CHS seems much more logical than Target Field. From a capacity standpoint, Target Field makes little sense -- it's just way too big. I'm excited for next year back at TD Ameritrade.

I'm hoping for a decent Hawkeye showing beginning tomorrow. The I-Club is holding a Hawkeye Huddle at The Loop all week; not sure that's ever happened for Iowa Baseball.

It's going to be a fun 5 days. In my opinion, there is no better way to determine a true playoff/tournament champion than a double-elimination baseball tournament. Good luck to your Hawkeyes. Has to be a good feeling going into the tournament knowing your season will continue next week. Illinois and Indiana are the only other teams that can say that. Guess we could say it's been a good season for all the "I" teams in the B1G.

Will be in attendance at most of the tournament, including all day Wednesday. A little birdie says Twitter handle @Fieldof68Freak will be tweeting tournament thoughts (B1G & the national scene) throughout the day and weekend.

It's going to be a fun 5 days. In my opinion, there is no better way to determine a true playoff/tournament champion than a double-elimination baseball tournament. Good luck to your Hawkeyes. Has to be a good feeling going into the tournament knowing your season will continue next week. Illinois and Indiana are the only other teams that can say that. Guess we could say it's been a good season for all the "I" teams in the B1G.

I wish the women would go to that in softball.

Why is the B1G baseball tournament have such poor marketing?

I enjoy Gopher baseball, so I knew the tournament was coming back to TF. The only advertising I've seen for this was behind home plate of the Twins game.

I would never expect a sell-out at TF by any means but the U, Twins, B1G should make a better effort to make it a fun environment.

I understand the logistical issues, but I liked when the #1 seed would be the host. CHS Field would be a good venue as well.

SS - maybe I'll see ya there Saturday!

I do wish they would go to a true double elimination format for the whole tournament though.

Excellent day for B1G bubble teams so far. Favorites/locks are winning in conference tournaments (Radford, Coastal Carolina, Virginia, etc.), and the bubble teams have lost or are losing (Georgia Tech, Kentucky).

Results from this afternoon
Michigan 4 Indiana 1
Iowa 3 Ohio State 2-Iowa got a 2 run walk-off homerun with 2 outs in the 9th.

In the night games yesterday
Illinois 3 Nebraska 2
Maryland 2 Michigan State 1

So all the higher seeds won yesterday and that sets up today's schedule:
#6 Indiana vs. #7 Ohio State 9 a.m.(Loser Out)
#5 Michigan State vs. #8 Nebraska 1 p.m.(Loser Out)
#2 Iowa vs. #3 Michigan 5 p.m.
#1 Illinois vs. #4 Maryland 9 p.m.

It will be #3 Michigan vs. # 4 Maryland tomorrow afternoon for the B1G Championship. Both teams have went through the B1G tournament undefeated so far.

Michigan takes the B1G autobid with a 4-3 win over Maryland. Will be interesting to see how many B1G teams get in to the tournament now with 7 legitimately having a chance. My guess is 6 Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, and Michigan State get in while Ohio State misses out after the late season slide.

I think Michigan's win pretty much knocks out Michigan State. Have a hard time seeing MSU or OSU getting the 6th bid. Both needed to show something in the B1G tourney, but neither did.

Final Projection of the 33 At-Larges

The 33 At-Larges

American (3): Houston, Tulane, USF.

ACC (6): Louisville, Miami, North Carolina, NC State, Notre Dame, Virginia.

Atlantic Sun (1): North Florida.

Big South (1): Coastal Carolina.

B1G (4): Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland.

Big XII (2): Oklahoma State, TCU.

Big West (1): UCSB.

Colonial (1): College of Charleston.

Conference USA (2): FAU, Rice.

Missouri Valley (2): Bradley, Dallas Baptist.

Pac 12 (4): Arizona State, Cal, Oregon State, USC.

SEC (6): Arkansas, Auburn, Florida/Vanderbilt loser, LSU, Ole Miss, Texas A&M.

Last 4 In: Bradley, Cal, North Florida, Tulane.

First 4 Out: Alabama, Clemson, Michigan State, UC Irvine.

Others Considered (8): Connecticut, Kentucky, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon, Southeastern Louisiana, Southern Miss, UCF.

Auto Bids from Multiple-Bid Conferences: East Carolina (American), Florida State (ACC), Lipscomb (Atlantic Sun), Radford (Big South), Michigan (B1G), Texas (Big XII), Cal State Fullerton (Big West), NC Wilmington (Colonial), FIU (Conference USA), Missouri State (Missouri Valley), UCLA (Pac 12), Florida/Vanderbilt winner (SEC).

I think Michigan's win pretty much knocks out Michigan State. Have a hard time seeing MSU or OSU getting the 6th bid. Both needed to show something in the B1G tourney, but neither did.
Hope not but wouldn't be surprised. I think Michigan State ends up getting in and they deserve to but there have been a number of bid stealers today that really hurt them. With the way Ohio State finished the season it is hard for me to see them having much of a chance at getting in. I know there is almost no chance they take 7 from the B1G and both Michigan State and Ohio State get in but that would be great to see.

A last look this morning

Will probably stick with what I have above, but doing some final re-calculations this morning. Re-evaluating 13 teams for the final 6 spots: Bradley, Auburn, North Carolina, USF, Ohio State, Tulane, North Florida, UC Irvine, Michigan State, Clemson, Southern Miss, Nevada, and Oregon.

The 33 At-Larges (updated and final)

Making one change from last night; Southern Miss of Conference USA replaces USF of the American.

The 33 At-Larges

American (2): Houston, Tulane.

Conference USA (3): FAU, Rice, Southern Miss.

SEC (6): Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt.

Last 4 In: #19 Bradley (last team in), #43 Tulane, #44 North Florida, #55 Southern Miss.

First 4 Out: #30 USF, #51 Michigan State (first team out), #54 Clemson, #62 Oregon.

Others Considered (3): #41 Ohio State, #47 UC Irvine, #58 Nevada.

Auto Bids from Multiple-Bid Conferences: East Carolina (American), Florida State (ACC), Lipscomb (Atlantic Sun), Radford (Big South), Michigan (B1G), Texas (Big XII), Cal State Fullerton (Big West), NC Wilmington (Colonial), FIU (Conference USA), Missouri State (Missouri Valley), UCLA (Pac 12), Florida (SEC).

I have Michigan State as the first team out. I think what does the Spartans in is they fall a tad bit short in terms of RPI top-50 wins. Sparty finished 7-12 vs. the top 50.

That said, what could boost Sparty into the field is their solid 11-12 record vs. teams projected into or just shy of the NCAA field, including 5-2 vs. other bubble teams. All 5 of those wins came on the road or at a neutral site: vs. Clemson, swept Oregon in Eugene, and won 1 of 3 vs. Ohio State in Columbus.

Of the bubble teams that played other bubble teams, records were as follows:

North Florida (3-1)
Michigan State (5-2)
Ohio State (2-1)
Southern Miss (2-1)
North Carolina (2-2)
Clemson (2-3)
Tulane (2-3)
Bradley (1-2)
USF (1-2)
Oregon (0-3)

Bradley doesn't deserve a bid, but I don't think the committee will have the guts to leave out a team with a RPI of #19.

Making one change from last night; Southern Miss of Conference USA replaces USF of the American.

The 33 At-Larges

American (2): Houston, Tulane.

Conference USA (3): FAU, Rice, Southern Miss.

SEC (6): Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt.

Last 4 In: #19 Bradley (last team in), #43 Tulane, #44 North Florida, #55 Southern Miss.

First 4 Out: #30 USF, #51 Michigan State (first team out), #54 Clemson, #62 Oregon.

Others Considered (3): #41 Ohio State, #47 UC Irvine, #58 Nevada.

Auto Bids from Multiple-Bid Conferences: East Carolina (American), Florida State (ACC), Lipscomb (Atlantic Sun), Radford (Big South), Michigan (B1G), Texas (Big XII), Cal State Fullerton (Big West), NC Wilmington (Colonial), FIU (Conference USA), Missouri State (Missouri Valley), UCLA (Pac 12), Florida (SEC).

I have Michigan State as the first team out. I think what does the Spartans in is they fall a tad bit short in terms of RPI top-50 wins. Sparty finished 7-12 vs. the top 50.

That said, what could boost Sparty into the field is their solid 11-12 record vs. teams projected into or just shy of the NCAA field, including 5-2 vs. other bubble teams. All 5 of those wins came on the road or at a neutral site: vs. Clemson, swept Oregon in Eugene, and won 1 of 3 vs. Ohio State in Columbus.

Of the bubble teams that played other bubble teams, records were as follows:

North Florida (3-1)
Michigan State (5-2)
Ohio State (2-1)
Southern Miss (2-1)
North Carolina (2-2)
Clemson (2-3)
Tulane (2-3)
Bradley (1-2)
USF (1-2)
Oregon (0-3)

Bradley doesn't deserve a bid, but I don't think the committee will have the guts to leave out a team with a RPI of #19.
Committee puts USF, Clemson, and Oregon in and leaves out North Carolina, North Florida, and Southern Miss. I thought North Carolina should have been in over Clemson and Michigan State in over Oregon. If I was a Sparty fan I'd be pretty upset that Oregon a team you swept on the road and have a better RPI than gets in ahead of you.

Given MSU's road sweep definitely surprised Oregon got in ahead of Michigan State, that's a head-scratcher, and Clemson over MSU a little difficult to understand, as well. Beat Clemson head to head on a neutral field, and they had 3 common opponents: Coastal Carolina, Notre Dame, and Furman.

Sparty won at Notre Dame (NCAA qualifier), beat Coastal Carolina (NCAA qualifier) on a neutral field, and lost at Furman for 2-1 record vs. common opponents. Clemson lost 2 of 3 at home to Notre Dame, lost at Coastal Carolina, and beat Furman in Clemson for a 2-3 record vs. common opponents.

The Selection Committee chairman said they "really scrubbed down the last few at-larges", but it sure looks like they didn't "scrub" very well. Obviously head to head meant nothing. When you get down to the last few bids, I would expect just the opposite, that head to head would mean a lot.

Michigan keeping it rolling in 1st round

Wolverines up 4-1 on RPI fraud Bradley in the top of the 2nd.

Iowa up 1-0 on Oregon after 2. Interesting matchup between B1G's 2nd-place team and an Oregon team with the worst RPI (#62) ever to get an at-large bid, one that got a bid over a Michigan State team that swept them in Eugene.

Top Bottom