ESPN: Looking ahead: Minnesota Golden Gophers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Richard Pitino’s name kept getting mentions for head coaching openings even though he wasn’t trying to start trending. From St. John’s to Tennessee then Alabama, the Minnesota coach’s name became part of the candidate speculation despite his statements to the contrary.

Pitino isn’t going anywhere. Entering his third season with Minnesota, he’s actually just getting the chance now to really put his imprint on the program. For the first time in his career (including his one season as head coach at Florida International), he’ll have a roster of players recruited to his system. Redshirt junior forward Charles Buggs is the lone holdover from the Tubby Smith era.

That part is the good news. The challenge for Pitino will be coaching one of the youngest teams in the Big Ten, if not the nation. Minnesota welcomes six freshmen, which will give it 10 underclassmen on its roster. Progress for Minnesota, may not be measured in terms of a NCAA bid especially facing a Big Ten schedule that will again be unforgiving.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/107332/look-ahead-minnesota-golden-gophers

Go Gophers!!

per ESPN:
Murphy is a bit of an undersized power forward, but has a 7-foot-1 wingspan and his athleticism will fit in well to Pitino’s system.

I feel much better about the prospects of him playing PF at that size.

I like this C.L. Brown guy. He is probably what ESPN expected when they hired Myron. That article is pretty much spot on, impressive for someone who doesn't follow the Gophers on a day-to-day basis. He did his homework.

I like this C.L. Brown guy. He is probably what ESPN expected when they hired Myron. That article is pretty much spot on, impressive for someone who doesn't follow the Gophers on a day-to-day basis. He did his homework.

Agreed. Pretty impressive.

+1

Its great for us to have one of Myron's 'colleagues' give a rebuttal.

Top Bottom