Sid: Teague said renewal rates are close to where they were last year.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

• The Minnesota/St. Paul Business Journal reported this past week that in December, the University of Minnesota added a scholarship fee to season-ticket holders for Gophers football. Athletic director Norwood Teague said he agonized over the decision but that fans have been understanding and renewal rates are close to where they were last year.

http://www.startribune.com/bell-part-of-gophers-best-football-recruiting-era/304015621/

Go Gophers!!

This is an interesting topic that may not have been discussed on here yet. I wonder how others feel about the ticket price increases and renewing? Let's discuss...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

let's take the bait

This is an interesting topic that may not have been discussed on here yet. I wonder how others feel about the ticket price increases and renewing? Let's discuss...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we have hashed over the renewal rate thing and price increases ad naseum. Spoofin is probably being tongue and cheek here, but let's not beat this dead horse. Nothing is really going to change Teague's mind right or wrong he think's he has the plan to pay for all scholarships. Let's hope he is successful.

I'm not surprised that the renewal rates this year are close to last year. I will be surprised if the renewal rates for next year and the year after are the same.

Renewal rates are close to where they were last year. Another way of saying that would be to say that renewal rates are lower than they were last year despite the fact that we are coming off of our best season in over a decade. My prediction has been that things would be fine with the increase unless and until the team takes a turn for the worse, at which point I think it will be pretty bad. Now knowing that we are seeing a decrease in renewal rates despite coming off of our best season in a long time, I continue to hold that concern. Hopefully we keep winning and I don't ever need to find out if I am right.

The prices went up in an amount that most people can absorb in this first year. Given the excitement around the program right now, to say renewals are "close" isn't exactly an all-clear for the huge price jumps to come. We'll see how it goes when many seats double over the next two years. It will also be interesting to see what the stands look like this upcoming season. Will it look "close" to the last couple years? Perhaps the current buzz coupled with an early win streak will fill the seats regardless.

Renewal rates are close to where they were last year. Another way of saying that would be to say that renewal rates are lower than they were last year despite the fact that we are coming off of our best season in over a decade. My prediction has been that things would be fine with the increase unless and until the team takes a turn for the worse, at which point I think it will be pretty bad. Now knowing that we are seeing a decrease in renewal rates despite coming off of our best season in a long time, I continue to hold that concern. Hopefully we keep winning and I don't ever need to find out if I am right.

As far as I'm aware, this isn't taking new season ticket purchasers into account. I would expect that we'll see a fairly substantial increase in that number.

As far as I'm aware, this isn't taking new season ticket purchasers into account. I would expect that we'll see a fairly substantial increase in that number.

That's why it's referred to as "renewal rates"! :)

The prices went up in an amount that most people can absorb in this first year. Given the excitement around the program right now, to say renewals are "close" isn't exactly an all-clear for the huge price jumps to come. We'll see how it goes when many seats double over the next two years. It will also be interesting to see what the stands look like this upcoming season. Will it look "close" to the last couple years? Perhaps the current buzz coupled with an early win streak will fill the seats regardless.

Agreed. We have a good home schedule.....and the increases are not ridiculous this first year. We'll see season ticket dropoffs over the next couple of years. However, another good season could lighten the blow.

This should be another "interesting" thread......

GjYjLvGErsggg.gif

During Sid's show today, Teague mentioned that he has already been contacted by some people from TCU, inquiring about ticket availability for the season opener. Teague said he "would like to see Gopher fans in those seats," - leaving the implication that if Gopher fans don't buy those seats, they will have to deal with more "enemy" fans in the seats for home games.

My favorite part of the interview: Dave Mona asked Teague when single-game tickets go on sale, and Teague said he couldn't remember the date - but said he would send Dave Mona an e-mail to let him know.

Good one Doc! I am glad to see that those night classes you are taking a NDSU are paying off. Thanks for the laugh.
Dr. Don is only taking classes at North Dakota State for the student football season tickets.

Agreed. We have a good home schedule.....and the increases are not ridiculous this first year. We'll see season ticket dropoffs over the next couple of years. However, another good season could lighten the blow.

Or not.

Possible, but I'm putting my money on Stocker, because I will be one of them. Not picking a fight and I hope I'm wrong.

...or someone will take your place.

Yeah I would have guessed that this seasons drop would have been minimal due to who is coming to town. I do expect more drop next season and the following even more.

I don't believe there are enough new fans that will jump on board and pay the donation fees to off set the fans that will be leaving. Too many options for seeing the games elsewhere. and since the stadium hasn't been full since the Air Force game I have a hard time thinking it will be now.

For the U's sake i hope i am wrong and it is filled to the max for years to come. in fact i hope that it would be so hard to find tickets that visitors cant over number the home fans.

I dropped my two tix based on my kid wanting to spread tickets across Wild, Twins, T-Wolves, and Gopher Basketball games. I'll likely buy the two game pack with Homecoming and Wisconsin. Plus I had a conflict or two every year and could rarely find buyers for the tickets. I will be interesting to hear how many new ticket holders there are. I have a buddy that sounds like he dropped his Vikes tix to buy Gophers and start taking his son to games.

some of you posters seem a tad double minded where you wish ill upon the Gopher football program. hmmm...it must be miserable being so double minded. on the outward you appear to cheer for the gophs but secretly inside want to see the program take a face plant.

some of you posters seem a tad double minded where you wish ill upon the Gopher football program. hmmm...it must be miserable being so double minded. on the outward you appear to cheer for the gophs but secretly inside want to see the program take a face plant.

No, it's all good as long as they end the doom and gloom forecast with "I really, really hope I'm wrong."

truth

Another thread about the ticket prices, another thread with multiple posts from the guy who hates this thread more than anyone. Dude, why on earth do you read and post in a thread that you rip people for reading and posting in? :rolleyes: SMH

Another thread about the ticket prices, another thread with multiple posts from the guy who hates this thread more than anyone. Dude, why on earth do you read and post in a thread that you rip people for reading and posting in? :rolleyes: SMH

truth

Top Bottom