Jordan Murphy Committed To The Golden Gophers!!!!

Plus aren't they going to Spain at the end of August? Talk about incredible timing with all the newcomers.

All in Pitino's plans. He pushed back the international trip he could have taken last year because he knew it would be better this year with all the new players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With so many freshmen, I think it will be wise for all of us to hold from having too many expectations for the upcoming season. But if we can keep this group for all 4 years? DAMN.

This is college basketball. Freshmen are often the best players on the court. Personally, I'll keep my expectations low and hopefully be surprised.

Pitino has options and numbers. There can be some competition. They call all grow together. It'll be fun to see it all come together. Hurt will be a nice addition next year. Coffey would be spectacular.

Obviously everyone wants Coffey, but we only have 2 scholarships for next year right? With the sudden abundance of guards and SF's with Hurt already committed, wouldn't a PF/C make more sense?

Obviously everyone wants Coffey, but we only have 2 scholarships for next year right? With the sudden abundance of guards and SF's with Hurt already committed, wouldn't a PF/C make more sense?

Well if you count Murphy as a PF we will have him, konate, diehou, nwanko, and lynch will be eligible too. That's 5 players to rotate in the post. I also see Ponds is visiting next weekend so could be interesting for the last scholarship for 2016

Ok, time to start the crazy, baseless comparison. Murphy is a Willie Burton prototype player. Would be a great target to shoot for. So excited about this recruiting class and Gopher Basketball!

It would be safe to say our recruiting class next year will be more than a two player one. How about Pond, Coffey and Hurt? Murphy looks like he can handle the ball for a bigger player. Something we haven't seen much with the Gophers recently. Willie Burton like will do.:)

It would be safe to say our recruiting class next year will be more than a two player one. How about Pond, Coffey and Hurt? Murphy looks like he can handle the ball for a bigger player. Something we haven't seen much with the Gophers recently. Willie Burton like will do.:)
That would be a very solid class!

Just remember; there's a good chance Okafor will be here next year also.

Go Gophers!*

Shamorie is a significantly more like recruit than Coffey for the Gophers. He'd be a very nice get!

Shamorie is a significantly more like recruit than Coffey for the Gophers. He'd be a very nice get!

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's Shamorie!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.:)

Ok, time to start the crazy, baseless comparison. Murphy is a Willie Burton prototype player. Would be a great target to shoot for. So excited about this recruiting class and Gopher Basketball!

You stole my fantasy that I dared not speak. The guy's build, height, rebounding knack and ability to hit the jumper - Willie's the guy I thought of first. If Murphy ends up having the same desire and savvy as Burton...

So the real question is... Will Murphy turn out better than Illikainen?

So the real question is... Will Murphy turn out better than Illikainen?

Alex will be a very good college player but he didn't want to be a Gopher so I could care less about him but I like your theoretical analogy. Would we be better with Alex or Jordan? I'm going with Murphy because of his overall game and flexibility on the court.

Wonder if this is a foot in the door with Murphy's Texas AAU team. I think it's one of the better teams on the circuit. For example I believe Elijah Thomas was on his team. Wonder if Thomas put a good word in for us since he seemed to love his unofficial last summer.

per the U:

Gophers Sign Jordan Murphy

University of Minnesota head men’s basketball coach Richard Pitino announced Wednesday the addition of forward Jordan Murphy (San Antonio, Texas/Brennan HS) to the Gophers recruiting class.

“We are extremely excited to welcome Jordan Murphy into the Gopher family,” Pitino said. “He will bring the size, ability and versatility that we were looking for.”

Murphy averaged 23.6 points, 10.5 rebounds, 3.1 assists and 1.9 steals per game in his senior season, and was the San Antonio Express-News 2015 Player of the Year. The 6-7, 220-pound Murphy was named the District 27-6A Most Valuable Player, a McDonald’s All-American finalist, and was a Class 6A All-State selection by the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches.

“Jordan is a wonderful kid and comes from a great family; he has a very bright future,” Pitino added.

Murphy will join a freshman class that includes Kevin Dorsey, Ahmad Gilbert, Jarvis Johnson, and Dupree McBrayer along with Illinois State transfer Reggie Lynch.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom