30 Second Shot Clock Coming - Per Seth Davis

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm against anything that makes CBB more like the NBA. The reduction in time-outs is good tough....

I'm against anything that makes CBB more like the NBA. The reduction in time-outs is good tough....

Carlos Morris' stock just went up............

Also probable reduction to 4 timeouts.

This is more important than the shot clock change to speed the game up. I can live with 30. Much lower and it just shifts more advantage to the elite teams which I don't like.

Also saw something about experimenting with 6 fouls in post season games. Not a fan of this one.

Also saw something about experimenting with 6 fouls in post season games. Not a fan of this one.

Is it my imagination or did the Big East once go to 6 fouls for conference games sometime in the 90's?

Is it my imagination or did the Big East once go to 6 fouls for conference games sometime in the 90's?

I think it might have been the SEC. They replayed an old Loyola Marymount-LSU game and Dale Brown made some comment about how it was tough to play at that pace especially since they only got five fouls.

I think it might have been the SEC. They replayed an old Loyola Marymount-LSU game and Dale Brown made some comment about how it was tough to play at that pace especially since they only got five fouls.

I remember watching a Syracuse-Georgetown game where it came up, maybe with Mourning and/or Mutumbo. Maybe the SEC did it too? Or Dale Brown could have been making a general comment about Loyola. They were crazy.

I'm a fan. I don't know if I've ever thought "man, that team really used the 35 seconds to the best of their ability".

Good decision that should have happened years ago.

I'm a fan. I don't know if I've ever thought "man, that team really used the 35 seconds to the best of their ability".

I think I'd said that about Wisconsin once or twice. But only because they passed up 3 good opportunities for 1 good one later in the clock.

4 timeouts great idea -can only carry 3 over to second half awesome

30 second shot ok with I guess

Coach can't call live ball timeouts love it.

Hate hate not having a 5 second count on closely guarded -- tubby must really love this now his PG can stand there with the ball and not ever pass ever until shot clock is at 5

I don't like 6 fouls no thanks. Now more fouling at the end of the game even will help our bigs next year

4 timeouts great idea -can only carry 3 over to second half awesome

30 second shot ok with I guess

Coach can't call live ball timeouts love it.

Hate hate not having a 5 second count on closely guarded -- tubby must really love this now his PG can stand there with the ball and not ever pass ever until shot clock is at 5

I don't like 6 fouls no thanks. Now more fouling at the end of the game even will help our bigs next year

is that true about the coaches not calling live timeouts? That will have a huge effect on the game if true. hard to believe our control freak coaches would go for that. Excellent development if true.

Yes it was in with other proposals. None of these are a done deal yet. It will be voted on June 6th I believe. There were about 10 proposed.

A few others
4 foot restricted arch
If you call a timeout within 30 seconds of tv timeout it becomes the tv timeout
If you call a timeout in back court the and have 2 seconds to cross half court then when u come out of timeout you have 2 seconds left.
Can't remember the others.

Top Bottom