Big Ten ACC Challenge pairings

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Looks like we can add Michigan @ NC State. Best Gophers can hope for at this point is Florida State, expected to be a borderline NCAA-type squad. Otherwise, Clemson maybe?

Gophers undoubtedly will be on ESPNU again, our home away from home.

Looks like we can add Michigan @ NC State. Best Gophers can hope for at this point is Florida State, expected to be a borderline NCAA-type squad. Otherwise, Clemson maybe?

cvvVdEh.gif

Florida State should be an NCAA team next season with what they have coming back along with some high profile freshman. I'd even take a traditionally good, but currently down Pitt team as well.

Maybe this means we will get UL as a home and home since the challenge didn't comply?

Best Gophers can hope for at this point is Florida State.

At this point, I"m just hoping for some opponent that is new.

I've seen enough FSU (5 times in 10 years?) In some way, shape or form, we've seen North Carolina, Duke, Virginia, Louisville, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Miami, VT, Clemson all in the last decade, too. Of course, I'd love to see one of those top teams again, but we are projected to finish low, so UNC, Duke, UVA, Louisville, etc., ain't happening ins 2015.

So, how about one of these:

We haven't seen NC State since 1959. (Mich gets them this year, I see)
We haven't seen Pitt since 1960.
We haven't seen Notre Dame since 1971. (ILL gets them this year, I see)
We haven't seen Georgia Tech since 2002.
We have never faced Boston College.

I would enjoy a visit from Pitt and even Boston College.

I'm with ya'. New would be good. Pitt would be fine, but I think they're due a home game like we are,

I'm with ya'. New would be good. Pitt would be fine, but I think they're due a home game like we are,

Looks like UNC will be home for a 2nd straight year and UVA will be on the road for a 2nd straight year.

Remaining 7 matchups (a guess)

Assuming the ones McMurphy reports are correct, my guess at the other 7 games:

Miami @ Iowa
Purdue @ Pitt
Florida State @ Nebraska
Northwestern @ Virginia Tech
Clemson @ Minnesota
Penn State @ Boston College
Wake Forest @ Rutgers

Play on Monday night along with Wake Forest/Rutgers. Feels like the JV games before the varsity teams play Tuesday and Wednesday night

Sounds about right given our stellar conference records over past couple of years.

Maybe they should just put this challenge on a predictable rotation so you see somebody new every year.

B10/ACC

Full List:

Monday, Nov. 30
Clemson at Minnesota
Wake Forest at Rutgers

Tuesday, Dec. 1
No. 4 Maryland at No. 2 North Carolina
No. 5 Virginia at Ohio State
Michigan at NC State
Purdue at Pittsburgh
Northwestern at Virginia Tech
Miami (Fla.) at Nebraska

Wednesday, Dec. 2
No. 14 Indiana at No. 7 Duke
No. 21 Louisville at No. 12 Michigan State
No. 13 Notre Dame at Illinois
No. 25 Wisconsin at Syracuse
Florida State at Iowa
Penn State at Boston College

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/051315aaa.html

Maybe they should just put this challenge on a predictable rotation so you see somebody new every year.

Like that idea, but it would be impossible to do with all the exempt tournaments these teams play in. They want to avoid potential rematches in the Challenge if at all possible, so the way they do it now is probably best.

Monday Night

Play on Monday night along with Wake Forest/Rutgers. Feels like the JV games before the varsity teams play Tuesday and Wednesday night

I think the Monday night is more due to the fact the Gophers are not playing in an exempt Tourney the weekend before. It probably means they will avoid ESPNU as well, and wind up on the ESPN Duece.

I think the Monday night is more due to the fact the Gophers are not playing in an exempt Tourney the weekend before. It probably means they will avoid ESPNU as well, and wind up on the ESPN Duece.

Yes, I noticed the schedule gap between Puerto Rico and the Challenge game. Would imagine we'll schedule a game the day before or the day after Thanksgiving.

My lasting memories of the Clemson/Gopher game from 2007:

> How much the crowd turned on Monson (following an 8th Place finish in the Old Spice Classic)
> A fan in the upper deck doing jumping jacks in the midst of the beatdown

> How much the crowd turned on Monson (following an 8th Place finish in the Old Spice Classic)

Top row, upper deck, under the retired jerseys. Etched in my memory 'til the day I die. Williams Arena will never be more morgue-like than it was that night.

I'll prefer to remember the Clemson matchup 10 years before that in San Antonio. Never before or never since have I been that happy to be a Gophers fan.

I'll prefer to remember the Clemson matchup 10 years before that in San Antonio. Never before or never since have I been that happy to be a Gophers fan.

Kind of strange how Clemson is involved among the highest of highs and lowest of lows for the Gopher program.

Last year the Deuce had Florida State-Nebraska and the U had Clemson Rutgers.

Hope so.

MNF will be on ESPN - Baltimore @ Cleveland.

We will probably have an 8:00 start on the Deuce.

Top Bottom