Rasheed Sulaimon to join Maryland

Kind of disappointed that Maryland took him. Hopefully he has learned some respect for women through this whole thing, but I will definitely be cheering against them.

Wow. I suppose Maryland is the favorite to win the Big Ten now if they weren't already.

Anyone consider that he wasn't ever charged and may actually not have done it? If I recall, the Gophers played and defended Mbakwe (not rape I realize) for a very long time. I assume everyone proclaiming RS's guilt have researched his case extensively?

Anyone consider that he wasn't ever charged and may actually not have done it? If I recall, the Gophers played and defended Mbakwe (not rape I realize) for a very long time. I assume everyone proclaiming RS's guilt have researched his case extensively?

I read this was not an isolated allegation. There were at least two separate ones. And he was the first player in Coach K's 35 years to be kicked out.

And yes this is the second time Md has taken a player under this circumstance. Wells was actually kicked out of Xavier. And then there's the Diamond Stone recruitment.

Turgeon taking a win at all costs approach.

I read this was not an isolated allegation. There were at least two separate ones. And he was the first player in Coach K's 35 years to be kicked out. And yes this is the second time Md has taken a player under this circumstance. Wells was actually kicked out of Xavier. And then there's the Diamond Stone recruitment. Turgeon taking a win at all costs approach.

Didn't realize there was a second allegation, certainly doesn't look great then. Just have a hard time assuming guilt on a college kid never convicted of anything.

Didn't realize there was a second allegation, certainly doesn't look great then. Just have a hard time assuming guilt on a college kid never convicted of anything.

Yeah.

"Separate allegations of sexual assault by Sulaimon came from two female students in the 2013-14 academic year. Both students voiced allegations publicly, but neither filed a complaint through the Office of Student Conduct or took legal action through the Durham Police Department. ... In this case, the two students who claimed to have been assaulted by Sulaimon had painfully familiar reasoning for choosing not to formally file complaints. The fear of backlash from the Duke fan base was a factor in the female students' decision not to pursue the allegations, sources close to the women said."

one link

I read this was not an isolated allegation. There were at least two separate ones. And he was the first player in Coach K's 35 years to be kicked out.

And yes this is the second time Md has taken a player under this circumstance. Wells was actually kicked out of Xavier. And then there's the Diamond Stone recruitment.

Turgeon taking a win at all costs approach.

Then there's the Diamond Stone recruitment?

Elaborate on what stone did? I was unaware of any transgressions other than an alleged (and refuted) substandard ACT.

Then there's the Diamond Stone recruitment?

Elaborate on what stone did? I was unaware of any transgressions other than an alleged (and refuted) substandard ACT.

Nothing. Rumblings of a family member getting an UnderArmour job and/or him being heavily influenced by UA, mostly by disgruntled Bucky fans. I don't view it as different than when someone chooses Oregon, you can claim Nike had an influence but it's part of the package.

Isn't he kind of old? He wrote The Satanic Verses back in 1988.

I'm not sure Sulaimon and Stone are quite the great gets that some fans think. Duke played better after they kicked Sulaimon off the team, he was reported to have a bad attitude and I believe was a selfish player, that's not good to add to your team even though he has some talent. Stone seems intent on proving to people that he can shoot 3s and emphasizes that to the detriment of his low post production and skill from what I've seen.

If Turgeon is cutting corners it will eventually bite him in the ass.
I am not a big Coach K fan although I admit he has done a fabulous job. But being the first kid he has kicked off the team in 30 years is not a high recommendation.

Top Bottom