Jordan Murphy Visit

GopherLady

Reaction score
As many of you know, he is on campus today. He deleted this now, but did tweet this after he landed:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sounds like his <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Gophers?src=hash">#Gophers</a> visit is electrifying ;) --> RT <a href="https://twitter.com/jordanmurphy24">@jordanmurphy24</a>
Someone entertain me lol</p>— Nadine Babu (@NadineBabu) <a href="https://twitter.com/NadineBabu/status/597889922566074368">May 11, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hopefully he'll be tweeting about a commitment instead soon!

He tweeted that while traveling to Minnesota, presumably at the airport. He probably deleted it because he didn't want people to think it was commentary of his visit.

Don't know if we'll get Murphy, but chances are a heck of a lot better Pitino lands him than Gary Trent, Jr. Trent's Gopher recruitment has Tyus Jones written all over it. ... there will never be real interest even if publicly he says there is.

I wish Murphy would make his decision soon! Young man would look great in Maroon and Gold!!

I'm pretty sure I saw him in Dinkytown this morning, it looked like somebody was being shown around, it turns out it was *probably* him.

Hopefully he is enjoying his visit.

Matt Jessen-Howard Tweet from yesterday...
Jordan Murphy genuinely complimented the #Gophers three weeks ago when we spoke in Indy, but I never felt as if they actually had a chance.

Was there anything more to that quote?

Never mind, I found his other tweet:

@mjessenhoward: But he's on campus and interested. Anything can happen. #Gophers

I didn't see this in the 2015 recruiting thread, so I thought I'd post it here. Jordan would be a huge get at this point. I was bummed when we were left out of the Boucher recruitment, but now, I think I would much rather have Murphy for 4 years than Boucher for 2.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/2439702/highlights/249868379' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

For sure, looks like the missing piece.

I'm not a big fan, but with all the silence does he need people to tweet him some love?

Thoughts?

Nah, I think it's a bit on the creepy side TBH. Not to mention it is a recruiting violation, even if it is not enforced. At the end of the day, I doubt a few tweets will sway a kids decision.

At this point in the recruiting process, it would definitely be a big time pick up.

Yeah. I'd argue that to be the case at any point. It's not like Rivals 150 players are lining up at our door. If we are going to talk about the quality of the guys like Dorsey, Jarvis, etc. he's rated right there with them.

For sure, looks like the missing piece.

I'm not a big fan, but with all the silence does he need people to tweet him some love?

Thoughts?

At one point, we had the wife of one or our posters creating a graphic design of a certain recruit (Whitehead perhaps?) in the maroon and gold. Perhaps Guy Fawkes wife?

(random comment, I'll admit)

From this video

I didn't see this in the 2015 recruiting thread, so I thought I'd post it here. Jordan would be a huge get at this point. I was bummed when we were left out of the Boucher recruitment, but now, I think I would much rather have Murphy for 4 years than Boucher for 2.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/2439702/highlights/249868379' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

compared to the other ones I have seen of our other guys...he would be our most dynamic offensive player in the class
by quite a bit, wouldn't he? He is 6'7" as well. I hope he is a Gopher!

Top Bottom