Sid: Strong indications that Regents will approve $40MM in borrowing for facilities

There will be no problem with the Board of Regents approving the funding. It's a done deal.

Damn! Are you saying that all the time I spent reading Gopher Warrior's posts was a complete waste of time?:cry:

Gopher Warrior where are you? Gopher Warrior, we need to know if this is another violation of the "rules."

GOPHER WARRIOR?

GOPHER WARRIOR?

Gopher Warrior where are you? Gopher Warrior, we need to know if this is another violation of the "rules."

GOPHER WARRIOR?

GOPHER WARRIOR?

There's a much easier way to summon him:

I think Jerry Kill is a fantastic coach and look forward to him leading this team through 2016 and beyond.

There will be no problem with the Board of Regents approving the funding. It's a done deal.

Just curious.....Inside information or opinion?

It would be odd to have all this public disclosure of info only to have a vote fail so I tend to agree with you.

Fantastic news! It'll be interesting to see who, how much, etc. Best news for Gopher athletics in.....forever?

Your Wrong : What this means is there is about 40 million in the pipeline.

Are you sure? I think they have to get to 80% projected cost in order to break ground, ie $120 mm. Of that, they apparently plan to borrow $40 mm per the earlier disc in this thread.

Which means they will get to $80 mm actually raised, ie have $10 mm in the pipeline.

In this case I think we need to be careful and wait to hear what is really said and presented at the meeting. Teague's word-choice could be bad in the above quotes, or the writer may have not used appropriate context.

If you read what Bleed quoted, it's actually difficult to understand exactly what the hell he is saying. The "future revenues" is key.

However, maybe what will really be talked about is something along these lines, which is a different story:
The athletic department will borrow funds. The full intent is to pay these back and make the the U and athletic department whole (excl the project) with private donations. We expect those donations to continue to come in over the next several years. We don't have the donations now and sure the CFO seemed to say we need 80% of project committed to with donations, but we're going to get started with construction now and eventually make everyone whole through private donations in the future.

Believable? Maybe. But, something along these lines would be very different than 'hey we make a lot of money through media contracts. we'll use some of that money to fund this thing.' (Which is fine to do and recommended by LNH on day 1, however it would be an incredible flip flop.)

In this case I think we need to be careful and wait to hear what is really said and presented at the meeting. Teague's word-choice could be bad in the above quotes, or the writer may have not used appropriate context.

If you read what Bleed quoted, it's actually difficult to understand exactly what the hell he is saying. The "future revenues" is key.

However, maybe what will really be talked about is something along these lines, which is a different story:
The athletic department will borrow funds. The full intent is to pay these back and make the the U and athletic department whole (excl the project) with private donations. We expect those donations to continue to come in over the next several years. We don't have the donations now and sure the CFO seemed to say we need 80% of project committed to with donations, but we're going to get started with construction now and eventually make everyone whole through private donations in the future.

Believable? Maybe. But, something along these lines would be very different than 'hey we make a lot of money through media contracts. we'll use some of that money to fund this thing.' (Which is fine to do and recommended by LNH on day 1, however it would be an incredible flip flop.)

It never ends! More speculation from Gopher Warrior. He has said so many different things by now he probably has all the bases covered. I suspect by his twisted logic he will then claim he was right all along. What a talking head!

The usefulness of your contributions to this Web site are now nil.

I think I speak for almost everybody here that it is time for you to end your time here and move somewhere else. Thanks in advance.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Does this donation break the old rules or the new rules?

Go Gophers!!

Does this donation break the old rules or the new rules?

Don't worry, I am sure Gopher Warrior knows all and I am sure he will let us know. The good news is that there is a 0% chance of him being wrong. If you don't believe me just ask him.:rolleyes:

If you read the article by Joe Christensen in the Strib, he stated that the athletic department has known about this gift for some time, and was already counting it toward the $70 million fundraising total. Then, Doogie tweeted the exact opposite - stating that the $12 million portion of the gift earmarked for facilities is "new" money. (that is also in Joe C's story - $12 mill for facilities and the other $5 mill for other departments.)

So, who has it right - Joe C. or Doogie? Inquiring minds want to know.

Yeah...the last interview from Norwood laid it out pretty well. $70 million raised so far, another $10-20 in the pipeline for donations and borrow $40 in June

That's what I heard... Norwood is doing exactly what the UofM hired him to do.

All the sparring aside, the Lindahl's are an amazing family and true friend of Gopher athletics. For those who may not recall they also made significant donations to TCF Stadium construction and also donated extra money after the fact to make sure the field walls were covered beautifully in brick before it opened. Ski-U-Mah to the Lindahl's! Thank you!

All the sparring aside, the Lindahl's are an amazing family and true friend of Gopher athletics. For those who may not recall they also made significant donations to TCF Stadium construction and also donated extra money after the fact to make sure the field walls were covered beautifully in brick before it opened. Ski-U-Mah to the Lindahl's! Thank you!

Thanks for pointing that out.

...and according to some with inside knowledge of "how things work" would associate themselves with liars, cheats, liars, deceivers, misrepresenters, liars, financial morons, and an entire AD filled with such. As James Tiberius Kirk would say, "I laugh at the superior intellect."

Since norwood is counting unannounced contributions toward he 70MM it is safe to say there are no locked in contributions right now?

Don't forget Norwood presided over the VCU campaign that forgot to include Title XI facilities, thus his successor was forced to replan the facility, move the site, and pay fot the 10MM the shortfall via student fees.

I think it's fair to keep eyes open

Since norwood is counting unannounced contributions toward he 70MM it is safe to say there are no locked in contributions right now?

As a practical matter, the only "locked in contributions" are those that have been paid (as is the case with any project like this).

As a practical matter, the only "locked in contributions" are those that have been paid (as is the case with any project like this).

I'm not clear on what you mean. Since the Lindahl's gracious contribution "has been in the works for some time" and has been counted in the 70MM touted by Norwood total since pre-Christmas by my recollection it is logical to conclude that Norwood doesn't have solid promises to add to the 70MM at this time. Fair to say?

Maybe there are additional contributions we or reporters such as Joe C are not aware of. If not, they may need to borrow a little more than the 40 to get started this fall. Not a big deal, unless revenues can't cover the checks that need to be written. The BoR vote may be telling on the solidity of the financial plan.

I'm not clear on what you mean. Since the Lindahl's gracious contribution "has been in the works for some time" and has been counted in the 70MM touted by Norwood total since pre-Christmas by my recollection it is logical to conclude that Norwood doesn't have solid promises to add to the 70MM at this time. Fair to say?

Maybe there are additional contributions we or reporters such as Joe C are not aware of. If not, they may need to borrow a little more than the 40 to get started this fall. Not a big deal, unless revenues can't cover the checks that need to be written. The BoR vote may be telling on the solidity of the financial plan.

Multimillion dollar contributions are typically not done with a single check, it is pledged. Often people agree to pay over time, for example. The point being the number is not final until the cash is in the bank.

Top Bottom